Re: Anonymous players discuss bubble life

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 amIt's become normal watching the empty arena games on TV, but the article is a nice reminder of how weird this all is.
Maybe normal watching, but I get nowhere near normal enjoying. Though this is how I predicted NHL hockey would be in the foreseeable future: empty arenas with expanded camera coverage throughout the playing space, and the fans watching (and paying) from home. That's the elusive "new-normal" we're being programmed to accept.

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 12:12 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:34 amIt's become normal watching the empty arena games on TV, but the article is a nice reminder of how weird this all is.
Maybe normal watching, but I get nowhere near normal enjoying. Though this is how I predicted NHL hockey would be in the foreseeable future: empty arenas with expanded camera coverage throughout the playing space, and the fans watching (and paying) from home. That's the elusive "new-normal" we're being programmed to accept.
Honestly, I think it sucks. It just seems so sterile.

I can't wait to go to another hockey game in person.

MissouriMook wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:51 pm
barnburner wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:57 pm Naturally, life in the bubble would be more uncomfortable than what they are used to. On the other hand, they are not working for slave wages.
Uncomfortable is not awful.
Technically they were given that players don't get paid during the playoffs.

;)
Yes, but......keep in mind that the players continued to get paid during the lockdown, even though almost 20% of the season was cancelled.