Re: Bill Armstrong to Arizona

Good luck to Bill.....did a good job despite having very few 1st round picks over the years. I think the Blues will be in good shape, and I hope the Arizona situation stabilizes and the whole thing works out well.

Now, let’s get the Army-to-Army red phone installed and work out a deal for Clayton Keller!

BillP. wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:50 am I'm not sure how much credit for the drafting goes to Bill anyway, I mean he goes on what his supporting cast tells him.
I always just appreciated his enthusiasm for players we drafted. That guy obviously loves his job and he would get really fired up talking about guys.

I wonder... there's quite a bit of daylight between amateur scouting and building an organ-eye-zation, managing a salary cap, working contracts, building and keeping a good farm system, hiring and working with coaches, dealing with ownership, etc... It's not as easy of a jump as it might seem.

Kind of interesting......looks like the Coyotes have made an offer to Armstrong, but still no confirmation that he has been hired. It probably means nothing and he will take the job, but I’m not sure I have ever seen that before. Usually you just see that Team XYZ has hired a guy. Again, probably just dotting the “I’s” at this point, but this is the Coyote organization we are talking about, so who knows.

Officially official officially:

Interestingly but it makes logical sense, Armstrong won't be able to have any role in Arizona's draft given that he has full knowledge of the Blues draft board. Not the biggest deal right now since they don't have any picks in the first 3 rounds right now, but might limit their wheeling and dealing on the draft floor.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:47 amI wonder... there's quite a bit of daylight between amateur scouting and building an organ-eye-zation, managing a salary cap, working contracts, building and keeping a good farm system, hiring and working with coaches, dealing with ownership, etc... It's not as easy of a jump as it might seem.
BUT if Bill A is a member of this Board, he's learned all he needs to know to nail the new job.

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:27 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:47 amI wonder... there's quite a bit of daylight between amateur scouting and building an organ-eye-zation, managing a salary cap, working contracts, building and keeping a good farm system, hiring and working with coaches, dealing with ownership, etc... It's not as easy of a jump as it might seem.
BUT if Bill A is a member of this Board, he's learned all he needs to know to nail the new job.
Absolutely. Read everyones ideas, print them out, throw them in garbage, light them on fire.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!