Re: Blues Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:56 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:26 am Is it foregone that ROR is the next captain?
I think so. Schenn, Tarasenko (when healthy), Parayko, DP 57, and Faulk will probably be the A's
So the other A wearer has been Steen. Given that his injury is going to be enough to keep him out of the lineup 1/1 already, I'm beginning to wonder if we've already seen his last game in a Blue Note. The Clifford signing kind of fills his role on the ice as well. He's not a statue guy or a number in the rafters guy, but he had a hell of a run.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:49 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 am Army was just on 101.1 espn.

Based on his comments, I think we've seen Alex Steen for the last time. If so, what a Blues legend and career he made for himself here.
Did he give any insight as to what the injury issue was?
Nope. Talked about how many games he's played, how the body doesn't react/recover like it use to etc
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:42 am Army was just on 101.1 espn.

Based on his comments, I think we've seen Alex Steen for the last time. If so, what a Blues legend and career he made for himself here.
I think it is his hip?
Whatever the injury is, it really explains all of the maintenance days he had to take.
He really embraced that 4th line during the Cup run. He was a warrior.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:10 pm

I think it is his hip?
Whatever the injury is, it really explains all of the maintenance days he had to take.
He was. I wish the info was public. A lot of people have dragged him for the decline in his play.

He's got my respect as a player and Blue forever.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 pm

I think it is his hip?
He was. I wish the info was public. A lot of people have dragged him for the decline in his play.

Same. I will always remember the SHG winner in OT against the Kings in the playoffs. Greatest moment I've gotten to witness as a Blues fan.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:15 pm

I think it is his hip?

Ditto. He gave us everything he had.

T.C. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:06 am

there was a span where he was my favorite player on the team. he earned it. but you play that way, and the clock catches up with you. it's passed time for him, i think.
Sadly, I agree. The neat thing, is that he had an opportunity to take the guys on that 4th line, and pk unit, to school before he finished.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 am Is everyone pretty content on the team as is now or do you expect something else to happen? I wonder if they wait until there's a vet goalie left with no team and make him an offer.
I think there's one more move out there. Dunn still needs to be re-signed, but I feel like there's a move coming on the back end to make it a little easier for one of the young guys to slide into the lineup. Maybe it's a trade of Dunn himself, I don't know. Ideally I'd like to add one of the scoring wingers on the market, but I don't think that's a real possibility.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:07 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 am Is everyone pretty content on the team as is now or do you expect something else to happen? I wonder if they wait until there's a vet goalie left with no team and make him an offer.
I think there's one more move out there. Dunn still needs to be re-signed, but I feel like there's a move coming on the back end to make it a little easier for one of the young guys to slide into the lineup. Maybe it's a trade of Dunn himself, I don't know. Ideally I'd like to add one of the scoring wingers on the market, but I don't think that's a real possibility.
I also still think they will add another goalie. I don't think they will have Husso up here to ride pine behind Binner. I see a vet backup for around 1 - 2 mil/1 year deal.
KA-KAW!

At some point, they are going to have to expose Husso to NHL competition, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season as backup. Then if he struggles, go the available veteran route.

barnburner wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:21 am
At some point, they are going to have to expose Husso to NHL competition, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him start the season as backup. Then if he struggles, go the available veteran route.
Yeah, kind of the reverse Chad Johnson situation.
Just a Russian propaganda account

MattyIce wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:07 am
I also still think they will add another goalie. I don't think they will have Husso up here to ride pine behind Binner. I see a vet backup for around 1 - 2 mil/1 year deal.
I doubt it. They already signed Gillies from the Calgary system. To me, this signaled that they didn't want someone to take the job from Husso, just someone to push him just enough that he didn't feel the job was being given to him.

Yup, I was a supporter of keeping him in the minors as long as possible as he dealt with his various injuries, but the time has come. I don't see anyone available on the market anymore that makes a ton of sense to bring in as a backup either.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:38 am
Yup, I was a supporter of keeping him in the minors as long as possible as he dealt with his various injuries, but the time has come. I don't see anyone available on the market anymore that makes a ton of sense to bring in as a backup either.
You guys might be right... that just hasn't been the Blues track record. They usually like guys in Husso's position to get ice time, that's the only reason I feel that they will bring in a backup
KA-KAW!