Re: Playoff Hockey -2020

The Lightning look fantastic......night and day from the last few years. Maroon clearly has a lot to do with the different attitude this team has this year, and he is also playing very well. The crazy thing is that the Lightning are doing this without Stamkos, and with retreads like Bogosian and Luke Schenn on defense. Both those guys are playing really solid hockey and brining much needed physical play. Only way the Lightning lose in the Final is if Brayden Point can’t play. He is outstanding.

Matangama wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm The Lightning look fantastic......night and day from the last few years. Maroon clearly has a lot to do with the different attitude this team has this year, and he is also playing very well. The crazy thing is that the Lightning are doing this without Stamkos, and with retreads like Bogosian and Luke Schenn on defense. Both those guys are playing really solid hockey and brining much needed physical play. Only way the Lightning lose in the Final is if Brayden Point can’t play. He is outstanding.
I don’t think it’s a slam dunk they beat Dallas. Dallas IS the Blues this post season. They’re playing our style and we know how effective it can be. But I agree, Tampa looks great. They’re fun to watch.

BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Matangama wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm The Lightning look fantastic......night and day from the last few years. Maroon clearly has a lot to do with the different attitude this team has this year, and he is also playing very well. The crazy thing is that the Lightning are doing this without Stamkos, and with retreads like Bogosian and Luke Schenn on defense. Both those guys are playing really solid hockey and brining much needed physical play. Only way the Lightning lose in the Final is if Brayden Point can’t play. He is outstanding.
I don’t think it’s a slam dunk they beat Dallas. Dallas IS the Blues this post season. They’re playing our style and we know how effective it can be. But I agree, Tampa looks great. They’re fun to watch.
I thought Vegas was going to roll Dallas, but Khudobin has been insane. The team in front of him has been playing fiarly well, but it's Dobby's run.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am
BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 pm
I thought Vegas was going to roll Dallas, but Khudobin has been insane. The team in front of him has been playing fiarly well, but it's Dobby's run.
Gotta give Dallas credit. Not many teams, if any, take Vegas out in 5.

Tampa needed to close it out tonight because they were on fumes. They need a little rest before the Final. Four or five days ago, I thought Tampa was all but certain to win the Cup, as long as Point wasn’t hurt. Well, now they look tired and Point is hurt. Going to be an interesting series against Dallas.

Should be an interesting series. Scratch what I said about Tampa needing the rest.....they are starting tomorrow night. Shit, I thought they would get at least a few days off. Thankfully, I don’t hate either team (other than Jamie Benn), so it’s not like the Blackhawks are in this. I’d prefer to see Tampa win, but I don’t care either way. I’d love to see it go 7, but I’m not sure Tampa has 7 games left in those legs!

Matangama wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:09 am Should be an interesting series. Scratch what I said about Tampa needing the rest.....they are starting tomorrow night. Shit, I thought they would get at least a few days off. Thankfully, I don’t hate either team (other than Jamie Benn), so it’s not like the Blackhawks are in this. I’d prefer to see Tampa win, but I don’t care either way. I’d love to see it go 7, but I’m not sure Tampa has 7 games left in those legs!
Too bad Bishop isn’t running the show. He’d be going against his former team and former backup. Would of been good stuff. I guess Bishop is toast? Is he even dressing up as the backup?

ratonmono wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 pmPersonally I think everyone is going to be shocked when Brass Bonanza hits and the Whalers jump on the ice to eliminate both teams. And that wouldn’t even rate as one of the top 50 unbelievable things from this shit hole year.
Can it be the 1979-80 Hartford Whalers, with the All-Howe Team? Now THAT is a three-team SCF that I'd watch!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm So cool to see Maroon win again and Shattenkirk get his hands on the Cup for the first time. Congrats to the Lightning, a super likeable team thats been fun to watch for years.
Likable is exactly the word I would use as well. Plus they were the best team, so glad to see them win. I had the chance to play on a team with Cooper about 10-12 years ago at a Blues fantasy camp and he is about the nicest guy I have ever met. Glad to see him win it as well.

Matangama wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:10 pm So cool to see Maroon win again and Shattenkirk get his hands on the Cup for the first time. Congrats to the Lightning, a super likeable team thats been fun to watch for years.
Likable is exactly the word I would use as well. Plus they were the best team, so glad to see them win. I had the chance to play on a team with Cooper about 10-12 years ago at a Blues fantasy camp and he is about the nicest guy I have ever met. Glad to see him win it as well.
Thats awesome about Cooper, he always seems in control and super sharp every time I hear him talk.

That they waited until Yzerman left to win makes them even more likeable!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Yeah, I’m happy for Shattenkirk. And don’t you think after going back to back with Cups that Maroon gets a pay raise next year instead of a pay cut that he took this year? The market for grit has to be going up these days.

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:55 pm Wooohooooo!!!!

Congrats to the Lightning and 'home town hero' Pat Maroon!

Great moves by the GM to toughen up the team. So happy to see Shattenkirk win that Cup in what was a mission of redemption for him this year. He couldnt of dreamed of a better season. I expect him to resign with Tampa this off season.

T.C. wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:39 am boy is maroon going to be a chirp machine to our boys. congrats to him for keeping a spot on the team. i didn't watch any of the games - did he play? was he effective?
He looked even chubbier than before, even slower and a little more lumbering than before......but he played great and was extremely effective all through the playoffs. Huge piece of them winning - Lightning had a totally different attitude this year, and I’m guessing Maroon had a lot to do with that. Bogosian and Schenn also played well when they got the chance. But Maroon? “Chubby but effective” lives on!