Re: Playoff Hockey -2020

The Lightning look fantastic......night and day from the last few years. Maroon clearly has a lot to do with the different attitude this team has this year, and he is also playing very well. The crazy thing is that the Lightning are doing this without Stamkos, and with retreads like Bogosian and Luke Schenn on defense. Both those guys are playing really solid hockey and brining much needed physical play. Only way the Lightning lose in the Final is if Brayden Point can’t play. He is outstanding.

Matangama wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:43 pm
The Lightning look fantastic......night and day from the last few years. Maroon clearly has a lot to do with the different attitude this team has this year, and he is also playing very well. The crazy thing is that the Lightning are doing this without Stamkos, and with retreads like Bogosian and Luke Schenn on defense. Both those guys are playing really solid hockey and brining much needed physical play. Only way the Lightning lose in the Final is if Brayden Point can’t play. He is outstanding.
I don’t think it’s a slam dunk they beat Dallas. Dallas IS the Blues this post season. They’re playing our style and we know how effective it can be. But I agree, Tampa looks great. They’re fun to watch.

BillP. wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Matangama wrote:
I don’t think it’s a slam dunk they beat Dallas. Dallas IS the Blues this post season. They’re playing our style and we know how effective it can be. But I agree, Tampa looks great. They’re fun to watch.
I thought Vegas was going to roll Dallas, but Khudobin has been insane. The team in front of him has been playing fiarly well, but it's Dobby's run.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 am
BillP. wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:49 pm
Matangama wrote:
I thought Vegas was going to roll Dallas, but Khudobin has been insane. The team in front of him has been playing fiarly well, but it's Dobby's run.
Gotta give Dallas credit. Not many teams, if any, take Vegas out in 5.

Tampa needed to close it out tonight because they were on fumes. They need a little rest before the Final. Four or five days ago, I thought Tampa was all but certain to win the Cup, as long as Point wasn’t hurt. Well, now they look tired and Point is hurt. Going to be an interesting series against Dallas.

Should be an interesting series. Scratch what I said about Tampa needing the rest.....they are starting tomorrow night. Shit, I thought they would get at least a few days off. Thankfully, I don’t hate either team (other than Jamie Benn), so it’s not like the Blackhawks are in this. I’d prefer to see Tampa win, but I don’t care either way. I’d love to see it go 7, but I’m not sure Tampa has 7 games left in those legs!

Matangama wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:09 am
Should be an interesting series. Scratch what I said about Tampa needing the rest.....they are starting tomorrow night. Shit, I thought they would get at least a few days off. Thankfully, I don’t hate either team (other than Jamie Benn), so it’s not like the Blackhawks are in this. I’d prefer to see Tampa win, but I don’t care either way. I’d love to see it go 7, but I’m not sure Tampa has 7 games left in those legs!
Too bad Bishop isn’t running the show. He’d be going against his former team and former backup. Would of been good stuff. I guess Bishop is toast? Is he even dressing up as the backup?

ratonmono wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:27 pm
Personally I think everyone is going to be shocked when Brass Bonanza hits and the Whalers jump on the ice to eliminate both teams. And that wouldn’t even rate as one of the top 50 unbelievable things from this shit hole year.
Can it be the 1979-80 Hartford Whalers, with the All-Howe Team? Now THAT is a three-team SCF that I'd watch!