Re: Pietrangelo Free Agency Talk

MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm You know, without Doug's foresight, we could really be in a bad spot. He got Faulk last year and didn't wait around to sign Krug. It's realistic that we could have been sitting here today without Petro, Faulk, OR Krug. It kind of makes you think now... did Doug know this was coming? Maybe he knew that the NMC was the deal breaker and he wasn't going to offer it.
The more cynical way to look at this is that trading for and signing Faulk made it very difficult to fit Petro under the cap. In a different reality, we don’t trade for Faulk, re-sign Petro, and who knows, with some other moves maybe still are able to sign Krug.

You know, before Berube got a hold of Petro, I used to say the guy was over-rated, that he had all the tools but the only thing holding him back was his head because he was inexplicably stupid at times.

Well, he is a headcase.

Fuck him.

He needed a new challenge? Fine.

It'll be great to see the Petro Ice Follies in Vegas when he starts fucking up.

There's a good chance he'll be next years whipping boy on the Vegas Forums.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:12 pm
MattyIce wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:07 pm You know, without Doug's foresight, we could really be in a bad spot. He got Faulk last year and didn't wait around to sign Krug. It's realistic that we could have been sitting here today without Petro, Faulk, OR Krug. It kind of makes you think now... did Doug know this was coming? Maybe he knew that the NMC was the deal breaker and he wasn't going to offer it.
The more cynical way to look at this is that trading for and signing Faulk made it very difficult to fit Petro under the cap. In a different reality, we don’t trade for Faulk, re-sign Petro, and who knows, with some other moves maybe still are able to sign Krug.
Judging by the offer of 8x8, I don't think the Faulk signing hindered anything.
KA-KAW!

I think he did. They probably offered Petro the best that they could after the Cup win and he balked at it.

Armstrong made the right move. That contract is a Cup killer.

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:14 pm You know, before Berube got a hold of Petro, I used to say the guy was over-rated, that he had all the tools but the only thing holding him back was his head because he was inexplicably stupid at times.

Well, he is a headcase.

Fuck him.

First Blue in history to hoist lord Stanley's cup. You'll never catch me saying "fuck him"

Hope he gets a HUGE ovation when he and fans come back

Also, not sure what makes him a headcase. He literally got everything he wanted out of Vegas.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:14 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:14 pm You know, before Berube got a hold of Petro, I used to say the guy was over-rated, that he had all the tools but the only thing holding him back was his head because he was inexplicably stupid at times.

Well, he is a headcase.

Fuck him.

First Blue in history to hoist lord Stanley's cup. You'll never catch me saying "fuck him"

Like Backes, he left because he wanted to.... it's different than when the organ-eye-zation trades a guy. He's the enemy now...Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:23 pm

Well, he is a headcase.

Fuck him.

Like Backes, he left because he wanted to.... it's different than when the organ-eye-zation trades a guy. He's the enemy now...Fuck him and the horse he rode in on.
Unlike Backes, he delivered this city a cup. He can do what we wants from that point on

I wish people would shut the fuck up about Faulk. As stated above, it didn’t keep the Blues from making a very fair, big offer to Petro. He didn’t accept. So if Faulk wasn’t here, would the Faulk haters have wanted Army to go ahead and offer Petro $9 million per year for 8 years? Just because Army would have had more cap available without Faulk, would it have been smart to throw an even bigger offer at Petro, one that he would finally say yes to? Fuck no. I’m very glad they are not on the hook for the contract Vegas gave him.

Matangama wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:00 pm I wish people would shut the fuck up about Faulk. As stated above, it didn’t keep the Blues from making a very fair, big offer to Petro. He didn’t accept. So if Faulk wasn’t here, would the Faulk haters have wanted Army to go ahead and offer Petro $9 million per year for 8 years? Just because Army would have had more cap available without Faulk, would it have been smart to throw an even bigger offer at Petro, one that he would finally say yes to? Fuck no. I’m very glad they are not on the hook for the contract Vegas gave him.
You’re basically asking if you’d rather be saddled to a bad contract for Alex Pietrangelo or a bad contract to Justin Faulk. I’d much rather have Petro at a bad deal than what we have Faulk to, yes

Like, it’s just bizarre to me some of you are sitting here praising Army for not giving Petro a bad long term deal yet completely ignoring that he gave a much worse player a bad long term deal (before he even played a game with the Blues!).

I think Army did the right thing letting Petro walk in a vacuum. But in the bigger picture when you look back at other moves he’s made on D we are worse now than we were before. That’s all I’m saying.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:35 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm Any word on Petro giving out a thanks to St. Louis Blues and it's fans? It would be the classy thing to do.
You just said fuck you to him and now want him to tell you thanks and be classy?
I’m just trying to point out what an idiot he is cause I knew he didn’t do that. He is a moron. Good for Army he bailed on him. I’m sorry Army even tried to make it work. He should of left his 5 year offer on the table and be done with it.

BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:08 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:38 pm Any word on Petro giving out a thanks to St. Louis Blues and it's fans? It would be the classy thing to do.
You just said fuck you to him and now want him to tell you thanks and be classy?
I’m just trying to point out what an idiot he is cause I knew he didn’t do that. He is a moron. Good for Army he bailed on him. I’m sorry Army even tried to make it work. He should of left his 5 year offer on the table and be done with it.
Idk man, it seems like he did and you’re just not looking very hard to find evidence that he did what you’re criticizing him for not doing.

“As he moves on to Vegas, Petro salutes St. Louis and it’s fans”

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 01704.html

Well, I guess it will be interesting if it turns out there was tampering. Because in that “amazing” interview, he plays all innocent and matter of fact like......when Vegas called on Friday, we thought sure, “we would entertain the idea”. He almost makes it sound like he was surprised they called, even though rumors for weeks before free agency started had him signing there, and the rumors of possible tampering. If it does turn out that there were talks ahead of time with Vegas, then we know Petro is full of shit.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:14 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:08 pm

Idk man, it seems like he did and you’re just not looking very hard to find evidence that he did what you’re criticizing him for not doing.

“As he moves on to Vegas, Petro salutes St. Louis and it’s fans”

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... 01704.html
This is just an interview and even here he doesn’t say Thank you to the fans or organization. No personal tweet out to STL or nothing. Nah, I’m glad he’s gone. Max offer and he still stiffed us. Whatever.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:37 pm

Unlike Backes, he delivered this city a cup. He can do what we wants from that point on
He's one player on the team that delivered us a cup.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:14 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:37 pm
He's one player on the team that delivered us a cup.
Exactly. And the team captain. He can go and do what he wants now, he delivered on anything I could have ever hoped for when the Blues drafted him.

Maybe if the Blues didn't end up with Torey Krug in all of this I'd be a bit more salty. But as of right now, I've got a Stanley Cup memory and a team that can still compete for another.

How many Blues captains played their entire careers for the team? Brian Sutter is the only one I can think of.

If you're going to hate everyone who leaves, you're not going to be left with a lot of likable players.