Re: Pietrangelo Free Agency Talk

Petro played 30 mins a night, we have no one to replace that with...see? [insert video of him scoring a goal]

That logic says Faulk can easily replace that.

Torey Krug can easily play 30 mins a night, watch this
Last edited by T.C. on Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: put videos on their own line for you
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 pm We went from a Stanley Cup contending team to a Stanley Cup contending team.

I really don't understand all the "whoa is us" talk. We don't need "one guy" to replace Pie...it will be a TEAM effort and I fully believe we have that TEAM
Definitely. Parayko takes on more of the defensive responsibility (that was already happening last season) and Krug is a step up on the offensive side. We will be just fine.

I don’t think you can argue that we have a less talented roster than we did a week ago, but I don’t think that automatically means that we don’t have a better team. Sometimes it’s not as much about the pieces as it is about how they fit together. Look at the 2019 SCF as an example. I believe Boston had the more talented roster but we came together and shut them down because we played better as a team.

Look, I don’t want to kick dirt on the guy on his way out the door, but the first thing Berube had to do when he took over was to “fix the room.” That’s not to say that Petro was part of the problem, but as Captain he should have been part of the solution. Maybe getting some new faces, a new Captain and some better defined roles will help a few guys step up and make us a better team even if there is arguably less talent on the roster.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:29 pm We went from a Stanley Cup contending team to a Stanley Cup contending team.

I really don't understand all the "whoa is us" talk. We don't need "one guy" to replace Pie...it will be a TEAM effort and I fully believe we have that TEAM
Yup, this team is still a contender. I think they were better with Petro short term, but I never thought they'd get a guy on Krug's level to replace him. Window is still very much open. I think the path through the West is still going to be pretty tough. As a whole I think the Central is weaker, but Colorado is certainly better than last year, and surely more confident. Dallas will still be frisky. I think the rest of the Central is going backwards though. In the Pacific, Vegas is looking extremely tough right now. Despite a nice playoff, I'm not sure Vancouver is quite ready for primetime, but we'll see. Nobody else there is scary to me...besides Vegas who might put up 110 regular season points.

While Petro to Krug is a slight downgrade overall, I think the biggest thing that can put the Blues right back into serious contention is a return to form by Jordan Binnington. This is a massive year for him. Last year of his contract. He's had one amazing season, and one extremely mediocre season. He'll be UFA after the year. I think a guy like him will be EXTREMELY motivated by that. If he's even close to the 2019 version of himself, this is going to be a very tough team to beat in a 7 game series.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:46 am

Yup, this team is still a contender. I think they were better with Petro short term, but I never thought they'd get a guy on Krug's level to replace him. Window is still very much open. I think the path through the West is still going to be pretty tough. As a whole I think the Central is weaker, but Colorado is certainly better than last year, and surely more confident. Dallas will still be frisky. I think the rest of the Central is going backwards though. In the Pacific, Vegas is looking extremely tough right now. Despite a nice playoff, I'm not sure Vancouver is quite ready for primetime, but we'll see. Nobody else there is scary to me...besides Vegas who might put up 110 regular season points.

While Petro to Krug is a slight downgrade overall, I think the biggest thing that can put the Blues right back into serious contention is a return to form by Jordan Binnington. This is a massive year for him. Last year of his contract. He's had one amazing season, and one extremely mediocre season. He'll be UFA after the year. I think a guy like him will be EXTREMELY motivated by that. If he's even close to the 2019 version of himself, this is going to be a very tough team to beat in a 7 game series.
I’m still perplexed at the sudden meltdown against Vancouver. In game 6 he was like a statue with zero confidence. Don’t get it cause he played great in the opener against Colorado. He’s got a lot to prove next year. Not only to regain his form but he still has to prove he can last a full season.