Re: GDT: Game 3: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 - 8/16 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm Faulk led the team in hits last night with 8 , was tied for 1st in blocks and played almost 26 minutes. Berube is a Faulk fan...that’s good enough for me.
Which was 10 more minutes he had in Game 2, and 7 more minutes than in Game 1. I think Blues fans are rooting for him, but let's just be honest about what he is: A sometimes offensive minded 3rd line pairing right-handed Dman who is out of position frequently and is most likely expansion draft fodder for the Kraken. IMHO at least :) If he consistently puts up #s and play with the same tempo and positioning he did last night, I'll be his biggest fan. But to me, so far he is the worst trade/signing DA has made (yes, worse than Miller because he didn't re-sign RM)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:50 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:05 pm Faulk led the team in hits last night with 8 , was tied for 1st in blocks and played almost 26 minutes. Berube is a Faulk fan...that’s good enough for me.
Which was 10 more minutes he had in Game 2, and 7 more minutes than in Game 1. I think Blues fans are rooting for him, but let's just be honest about what he is: A sometimes offensive minded 3rd line pairing right-handed Dman who is out of position frequently and is most likely expansion draft fodder for the Kraken. IMHO at least :) If he consistently puts up #s and play with the same tempo and positioning he did last night, I'll be his biggest fan. But to me, so far he is the worst trade/signing DA has made (yes, worse than Miller because he didn't re-sign RM)
He’s not expansion draft fodder ....as soon as he signed that deal that’s exactly what everybody ran with. Army signed him to be here long term. He’s not going anywhere. Only way he’s leaving would be via trade which I don’t believe will happen anytime soon. He’s gonna be a Blue for quite sometime. You might want to warm up to him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:05 pm
He’s not expansion draft fodder ....as soon as he signed that deal that’s exactly what everybody ran with. Army signed him to be here long term. He’s not going anywhere. Only way he’s leaving would be via trade which I don’t believe will happen anytime soon. He’s gonna be a Blue for quite sometime. You might want to warm up to him.
Faulk's best (with the Blues) is yet to come. A few more performances like last night will only help. He's more than a 3rd pairing D, but is in name at the moment. More and more I think Petro is a goner, so it'll be crucial that Faulk plays to the standard he set for himself in Carolina.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:32 pm When Faulk was in Carolina, I thought he was awesome. Love his game. Just think the Blues style of play has forced him to adjust. His game is all about finesse. It's like Shattenkirk, put Faulk in Tampa and it would be a perfect match. Being with the Blues is an adjustment, but the good players always figure it out and his game will get more consistent here.
That's what I worry about; sometimes players are great in certain systems. Not to beat the Ryan Miller thing to death, again, but I think that was part of it with him; he just didn't have the ability to adjust to our system. Obviously that was a much shorter sample size, but we have seen that with other extremely talented players who come through here and other teams where the system just doesn't benefit their style of play and they go from star to bust. Look at how they were talking about Tanner Pearson last night; 30-40 point player in LA, then goes to Pit last season and struggles mightily. Goes to Van and has a career year with 45 points. Hell when traded last season he had almost as many points (12) in 19 games with the nucks as he did with 44 games with Pens (14).

I just don't see Faulk changing his game, and the Blues are never going to be a speed rush/finesse team. I'd love to warm up to him as Tim puts it, and I do NOT blame him for the Blues losing games, but it is frustrating even more so because you KNOW he is a good player, but has just not able to adjust to the Blues style. If he does and and puts up similar numbers to what he had in Carolina, then I'll be a big fan of his...hell, might even buy a Jersey of his to go with my Halak jersey :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am
insideout wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 am Maybe back-to-back games will be a good thing? Last years' Blues team dominated by wearing down their opponents, which is much easier to do when the opponents have been ground down over the course of a 7-month season.
I don't know if it's good or not. Ground and pound teams generally need a day off to do it again. I remember the 85-86 Blues and their Cup run, they'd win the first game but would get creamed the next night. That was a heavy team and their best performance was always the front end of a back to back.

I don't know what to expect tonight. The Blues skated their ass off last night to catch and slow down Vancouver. Can they do this again and for 3 more periods? Hopefully Vancouver doesn't have the jets tonight. Little worried as I start to consider this :?
Good points.... and not encouraging. They can't beat Vancouver in a 7-game series by skating their asses off to catch them. Last year they nullified some extremely talented defensemen by chipping it into the zone and pounding them down low. (That phrase would sound nasty to one unfamiliar with the terminology, by the way.) Doesn't work if you can't win the possession game in the other 2 zones though.

Given all the circumstances., i'm not losing any sleep if they can't pull this one off. This year's parade would suck anyway.

Please don't say that, 2020 has been hard enough already
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Faulk's best (with the Blues) is yet to come. A few more performances like last night will only help. He's more than a 3rd pairing D, but is in name at the moment. More and more I think Petro is a goner, so it'll be crucial that Faulk plays to the standard he set for himself in Carolina.
Haha well I would sure as hell hope so considering where the bar currently is. Lets face it though, guys that make big money are always going to be scrutinized more than a guy making a couple million a year. If Faulk was being paid as a 3rd pairing guy I don't think he'd be talked about as much. But he's not and even he talked shit on his own play so I can't be expected to not as well.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:27 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Haha well I would sure as hell hope so considering where the bar currently is. Lets face it though, guys that make big money are always going to be scrutinized more than a guy making a couple million a year. If Faulk was being paid as a 3rd pairing guy I don't think he'd be talked about as much. But he's not and even he talked shit on his own play so I can't be expected to not as well.
He’s going to slot in right behind Parayko next year on the right side.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 2:50 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:25 pm
:lol: keep that same energy when talking Sanford
Shots fired!! Shots fired!!
Nah...I haven’t even hated on Sanford lately. Like Red from Shawshank.... “I can honestly say, I’m a changed man”

"Suck a dick Johansen"

The Faulk we saw last night, was the Faulk I thought we were getting when he joined this club. Get the feeling that someone, maybe Chief, told him to just play his game. There was no hesitation to his game last night. Here's hoping he plays this way from here on in.