Re: GDT: Game 3: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 - 8/16 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

Alright, I'm up and am treated by the Blues doing their Blues thing and winning their game. Great fucking start to the day!

Schenn has looked great this series, more of that please. Was super happy to see Kyrou trying to make things happen out there. Perron just agitating and having opportunity after opportunity is a treat to see every night.

Markstrom is showing some weakness in his armor.

They're back in this, and their swagger shows they never believed they were out of it. I think they may have found their game and the inexperienced Canucks may not be able to go up a level to counter. This series is beginning to remind me of the the Winnipeg series from last year, just minus the horribly obnoxious Jets fans.

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:04 am Great shot by Schenn. Clutch! Justice was served. Would of been a crime if Blues loss this game. And how bout Jake Allen, so cool in net from start to finish. What a performance by him. He was exactly what the Blues needed to win a must win game.

I need to give Shaky his props, he was focused, calm and cool, and was not guilty of his old over moving self.

Re: GDT: Game 3: Vancouver vs St Louis Blues - 9:30 - 8/16 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:47 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:45 pm Chief reads this forum,your welcome.
T.C stands for The Chief. He never post during games for a reason
shhh!
stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:57 pm I was thinking about the movie, Meatballs where they put the guys bed on a raft in the middle of a lake.
outstanding reference.
BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:52 pm What a shift, what a hit and what a goal by my boy Faulk
this was amusing.

i made it through the first period. will be watching the rest in a bit. at least i know there's a good ending.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 am I don't want to get too cocky here, but I really think the Blues are the better team 5 on 5. Assuming this series gets called more like a playoff series and we get decent goaltending from whoever is in net the Blues can absolutely win this.
I think if they win tonight, they take em 4 straight and win in 6. BUT, they have to win tonight. Even if we lose, I don't give up but I want this game tonight.

Does the Chief go back with Allen in a back to back? That's the big question.

Well the better team won last night, let's hope the same thing happens today. Very curious to see if there are any lineup changes or if last night's group sticks. That includes the man in net. I think Kyrou sticks. He got moved up and down the lineup last night, but he is literally the only Blues player that can skate with Hughes and Pettersson. I was surprised to see he only played 12 minutes, because he was very noticeable every shift he took down the stretch. Seems like somebody that deserves a spot in the lineup. At 5v5, the Blues crushed Vancouver last night. They either need to stay out of the box or regain their penalty killing prowess. I'd recommend the former given Vancouver's skill and the absence of some of our usual penalty killers.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:51 am
UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:32 am I don't want to get too cocky here, but I really think the Blues are the better team 5 on 5. Assuming this series gets called more like a playoff series and we get decent goaltending from whoever is in net the Blues can absolutely win this.
I think if they win tonight, they take em 4 straight and win in 6. BUT, they have to win tonight. Even if we lose, I don't give up but I want this game tonight.

Does the Chief go back with Allen in a back to back? That's the big question.
It'd be nice to do that to a team after seeing the Blackhawks and the Kings do it to us not too long ago. Those were some frustrating series

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:01 am Well the better team won last night, let's hope the same thing happens today. Very curious to see if there are any lineup changes or if last night's group sticks. That includes the man in net. I think Kyrou sticks. He got moved up and down the lineup last night, but he is literally the only Blues player that can skate with Hughes and Pettersson. I was surprised to see he only played 12 minutes, because he was very noticeable every shift he took down the stretch. Seems like somebody that deserves a spot in the lineup. At 5v5, the Blues crushed Vancouver last night. They either need to stay out of the box or regain their penalty killing prowess. I'd recommend the former given Vancouver's skill and the absence of some of our usual penalty killers.
A PP goal and an ugly goal would be nice to get tonight. We're doing it the hard way! All 3 goals last night had to be perfect.

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 am Sunday night porksteaks for the win bitches! How about that Justin Faulk! Still don’t understand the hate!
Hav...have you watched him play all season? Fred Braithwaite getting a shutout doesn't mean he is suddenly a good goalie just like Faulk getting a goal doesn't mean he hasn't been bad all year.

Just like when Sanford started to do some nice things you didn't suddenly excuse everything before.

It was a good moment though, hopefully lots more of them.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:18 am
NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:46 am Sunday night porksteaks for the win bitches! How about that Justin Faulk! Still don’t understand the hate!
Hav...have you watched him play all season? Fred Braithwaite getting a shutout doesn't mean he is suddenly a good goalie just like Faulk getting a goal doesn't mean he hasn't been bad all year.

Just like when Sanford started to do some nice things you didn't suddenly excuse everything before.

C'mon man, comparing Allen to Braithwaite is a little extreme. Allen has posted great numbers this year and he played great against Dallas recently. He deserved the shot. I don't know Fred's resume but it can't be much.

Faulk’s play doesn’t bother me. I understand who he is as a player. He doesn’t need to be held to the Pronger and Petro standard around here. He just needs to be Justin Faulk. He struggled here in his first year...different situation for him, I get that. Everybody hates Justin Faulk because of that contract he signed and everybody thinks he’s Petros replacement which isn’t the case at all....when you tend to focus on a player that you don’t like, that focus is almost 100% negativity. It just snowballs and nothing said player does will ever be good enough and every little mistake is what you pick up. Trust me nobody in here is more guilty of that than me. I expect Faulk to be a much better player going forward starting next year. He’s a good player....Chief has yet to bench him at anytime.
As for Sanford...I don’t hate him, he won’t go down as one of my favorite Blues though. He’s proven he can play when he wants too and can be a difference maker at times. I just want consistency out of him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am

C'mon man, comparing Allen to Braithwaite is a little extreme. Allen has posted great numbers this year and he played great against Dallas recently. He deserved the shot. I don't know Fred's resume but it can't be much.
Jake is a great goalie...we are lucky to still have him. What he went through and how he handled it...speaks volumes about him. It would be amazing to see the Blues ride him all the way through and win it again ...then what does Army do? That’s what I want to see...put the presssure on the GM...that’s the way it should be.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

insideout wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 am Maybe back-to-back games will be a good thing? Last years' Blues team dominated by wearing down their opponents, which is much easier to do when the opponents have been ground down over the course of a 7-month season.
I don't know if it's good or not. Ground and pound teams generally need a day off to do it again. I remember the 85-86 Blues and their Cup run, they'd win the first game but would get creamed the next night. That was a heavy team and their best performance was always the front end of a back to back.

I don't know what to expect tonight. The Blues skated their ass off last night to catch and slow down Vancouver. Can they do this again and for 3 more periods? Hopefully Vancouver doesn't have the jets tonight. Little worried as I start to consider this :?

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:04 am

Faulk’s play doesn’t bother me. I understand who he is as a player. He doesn’t need to be held to the Pronger and Petro standard around here. He just needs to be Justin Faulk. He struggled here in his first year...different situation for him, I get that. Everybody hates Justin Faulk because of that contract he signed and everybody thinks he’s Petros replacement which isn’t the case at all....when you tend to focus on a player that you don’t like, that focus is almost 100% negativity. It just snowballs and nothing said player does will ever be good enough and every little mistake is what you pick up. Trust me nobody in here is more guilty of that than me. I expect Faulk to be a much better player going forward starting next year. He’s a good player....Chief has yet to bench him at anytime.
As for Sanford...I don’t hate him, he won’t go down as one of my favorite Blues though. He’s proven he can play when he wants too and can be a difference maker at times. I just want consistency out of him.
I think that's what all fans want from all players, Faulk, Jake, Binnington, Tarasenko, Parayko, etc...all of them. Once you earn a regular spot, you have got to be consistent. Unfortunately too many Blues players have been consistently lackluster this current postseason, but the tide is turning, and I was pumped to see Faulk get that huge goal last night. I would just love to see him use his body a bit more and punish folks harder, he has the toughness and muscle to do it. Just seems too tentative at times.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:10 am
insideout wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:10 am Maybe back-to-back games will be a good thing? Last years' Blues team dominated by wearing down their opponents, which is much easier to do when the opponents have been ground down over the course of a 7-month season.
I don't know if it's good or not. Ground and pound teams generally need a day off to do it again. I remember the 85-86 Blues and their Cup run, they'd win the first game but would get creamed the next night. That was a heavy team and their best performance was always the front end of a back to back.

I don't know what to expect tonight. The Blues skated their ass off last night to catch and slow down Vancouver. Can they do this again and for 3 more periods? Hopefully Vancouver doesn't have the jets tonight. Little worried as I start to consider this :?
Yeah, I'm curious about not just Jake/Binner, but also does Tarasenko, Steen and TB stay out, or do they keep in our new pesky 4th line (would rather see Kyrou move up, and do MacMac/SunnyD/JDLR). I think the physicallity of the Blues is starting to wear on the Canucks. We just have to keep up the pressure. While we never lost 2 in a row to the Jets, this reminds me of that series last year, as the Jets were a much faster and younger team that everyone was worried about their speed. The biggest difference to me is honestly in our D's play and goalie. Both played much better last postseason. We need whomever is in goal to be on their A game for those breakaways that ARE coming, and our d not to bumble the fuck into each other multiple times.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 10:09 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:40 am

Jake is a great goalie...we are lucky to still have him. What he went through and how he handled it...speaks volumes about him. It would be amazing to see the Blues ride him all the way through and win it again ...then what does Army do? That’s what I want to see...put the presssure on the GM...that’s the way it should be.
People still call him Shakey Jakey (and he earned that) but he's been a lot better mentally for a couple of years now. The thing he seemed to figure out after he lost the starters job last season was his puck tracking. He's actually better at it in the bubble, and has been most of the year, than Binnington. Binnington's lack of size means he has to be that much better at everything else (tracking, angles, compete...) and he just hasn't been like that all the time this season and in the playoffs like he was last season when he came up. He needed a chip back on his shoulder to re-focus, and losing a chance at a playoff start last night should have done that, so whether they stick with Allen or go back to Binnington tonight I think we have both guys ready to play well and win.