Re: GDT: Game 1: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 - 8/12 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

Robb_K wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:18 pm A careless penalty taken by MacEachern. Not good for The Blues to get tired against this speedy team.
Gotta disagree again, Robb. That was a clueless call by a lazy ref. Making a call based on what he thought must have happened instead of calling what he actually saw happen.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Nice drive on goal by Scandella! Love to see it. Faulk was playing better, and then, under NO pressure at all, lacadasically made a pass directly to a Canuck, where there were NO Blues within 15 feet. He was lucky when the Canuck came right back up ice on Faulk's side, but fumbled the puck right to Faulk. So what did Faulk do with the puck and open ice ALL the way to the back boards on his side??? He nervously iced the puck. No one in his way ALL the way up ice well into the O-Zone, and no one near him, and he gives up the puck to the other team. Just when he teases us with sometimes making good, solid plays. :evil:

The jury is still out on this guy. I'd like to not need to dump him off in the expansion draft. But he continues to be that guy. Surely, The Blues will want to protect Perron.

Robb_K wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:29 pm Nice drive on goal by Scandella! Love to see it. Faulk was playing better, and then, under NO pressure at all, lacadasically made a pass directly to a Canuck, where there were NO Blues within 15 feet. He was lucky when the Canuck came right back up ice on Faulk's side, but fumbled the puck right to Faulk. So what did Faulk do with the puck and open ice ALL the way to the back boards on his side??? He nervously iced the puck. No one in his way ALL the way up ice well into the O-Zone, and no one near him, and he gives up the puck to the other team. Just when he teases us with sometimes making good, solid plays. :evil:

The jury is still out on this guy. I'd like to not need to dump him off in the expansion draft. But he continues to be that guy. Surely, The Blues will want to protect Perron.
He deserves to be left unprotected, I think I can quote Shakespeare "He doeth suck".

Not sure which is the case, but it looks like either the Canucks have slowed down or the Blues have gotten quicker, but the gap seems to have closed a bit. But what didn't close up was Binner's gap between his arm and body.
Last edited by stlblues1226 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Binnington should have stopped that shot by Stetcher. But I'm more worried about The Blues getting tired and not being fast enough to keep up with The Canucks. The Blues had a defenceman closer to the loose puck on the left side, and Stetcher, raced it down from farther away, and was able to get the shot off before his opponent was near. The 5 penalties have to have some effect. And The Blues still don't seem to be in regular season top shape, as it is.