Re: GDT: Game 1: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 - 8/12 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

The Blues found their legs about 13 minutes into The 1st Period, and were competitive through the end of The 2nd. They started to deteriorate near the beginning of The 3rd, and spent most of that period chasing The Canucks and the puck. They are now 0-12 in goals for-goals against in the 3rd Period of the 4 games that have counted since the Pandemic Break, and 0-14, if we add in the game vs. The Hawks. That CAN'T be a coincidence. And we can't account for that with the excuse that the games "didn't count". The Blues are still not in top playing shape (just like Boston), and the teams that they've been playing have been in better shape, and also have had their players in better sync, as well. The good news is that The Blues were quite a bit better in this game for most of the first 2 periods than they were in the 3 Round Robin games. I doubt that they'll be ALL the way back next game. But, let's hope they play inspired, and win it, anyway. Going down 0-2 would be a big problem.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:44 am The Blues found their legs about 13 minutes into The 1st Period, and were competitive through the end of The 2nd. They started to deteriorate near the beginning of The 3rd, and spent most of that period chasing The Canucks and the puck. They are now 0-12 in goals for-goals against in the 3rd Period of the 4 games that have counted since the Pandemic Break, and 0-14, if we add in the game vs. The Hawks. That CAN'T be a coincidence. And we can't account for that with the excuse that the games "didn't count". The Blues are still not in top playing shape (just like Boston), and the teams that they've been playing have been in better shape, and also have had their players in better sync, as well. The good news is that The Blues were quite a bit better in this game for most of the first 2 periods than they were in the 3 Round Robin games. I doubt that they'll be ALL the way back next game. But, let's hope they play inspired, and win it, anyway. Going down 0-2 would be a big problem.
They did look better. That 3rd period fall off, oh man that was hard to watch. If we win this, the series goes to 7 and we look better each and every game going forward with a win in game two. If they drop game two I think Petro starts dreaming of Toronto and we see overall compete of the team go into decline.

I was hoping to see the Blues do more hitting, zebras getting in the way of our game is no fun. I have the feeling that will be the norm for most of the playoffs? I haven't watched all the teams play so far, and I'll assume the zebras are itching to be relevant. If the Blues are not able to get away with stuff I think they'll have a hard time winning, we're a grinder not a finesse team.

Canucks were the worst possible matchup for us....would have been much better off facing the Flames. Canucks younger, faster, great goaltending and a very good coach. They’ve got nothing to lose in this series by playing the defending champs. They can just play their game and have fun doing it.
Funny that we are calling out Faulk and Dunn when the entire team minus one maybe two guys played like complete ass.
Game two is a must win and the one thing in our favor is that the Canucks might struggle to get the 4th win...that might be when the pressure shifts.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I watched Markstrom and Greene win alot of games in ahl,(season tickets) both are very good at what they do. Listened to Markstrom interview many times just a really nice kid trying to make his way in the bigs. That being said Mcewan I thought would have a hard time in the national but he didn't look that out of place, he must have really worked on his game speed. Alot is thrown around about "game sense" and how the game slows for some, well after watching Fulck run around in the d-zone trying to recall what should be second nature by now with his hair on fire, what a shit trade. We gave up a serviceable gritty in your face d-man for a guy that has a hard time tying his own skates. Smfh.

There was a reason the Blues moved Jed...it wasn’t just salary reasons. Something going on behind the scenes with Jed for sure.
Even if they move Faulk, everyone will find a new dman to rip on. The big reason for the Faulk hate is the contract....which he earned. All the Blues did is pay him the salary due to him. Even if the Blues leave him unprotected, the Kraken would still have to select him. If the Blues lose this series, Petro is probably as good as gone. You’re gonna need Faulk heading into next season.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:13 am Time to see if Binnington can do his 2019 trick of following a shitty game up with a brick wall performance. They're going to need it.
I was entertained for the first two periods. Not sure why they have this 3rd period now. Must be part of the condensed schedule or something new because the Blues sure don't act like they've played more than 40 minutes before in a game.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:39 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:22 am The Canucks fans sad obsession with Binnington was the most entertaining thing to come out of last nights game.

A great way to talk trash on a hockey player is by using a video of them at last year's Stanley Cup parade. Canucks fans really are the dumbest aren't they?
Worst fanbase of any team in the NHL.