Re: GDT: Game 1: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 9:30 - 8/12 - TV: NBCSN/FSMW

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:04 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:13 am Time to see if Binnington can do his 2019 trick of following a shitty game up with a brick wall performance. They're going to need it.
Good call
He's lost 3 in a row (2 round robin and last night). Has Binner ever done that in his short NHL career?
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:32 pm Now Binnington is a racist

Yeah, that worked pretty well last year when some fucktard “journalist” tried to do it before Game 1 in Winnipeg. But calling someone racist seems to be the really cool, “in” thing to do, so I guess Twitter douche bags can carry on.

By the way, it looks like just one random dipshit.....so fuck him!
Last edited by Matangama on Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matangama wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:05 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:32 pm Now Binnington is a racist

Yeah, that worked pretty well last year when some fucktard “journalist” tried to do it before Game 1 in Winnipeg. But calling someone racist seems to be the really cool, “in” thing to do, so I guess Twitter douche bags can carry on.
Will NBC play a looped recording of "You look nervous" chants for that authentic live crowd vibe on the TV?

BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:10 pm
insideout wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:01 pm Don't worry about one game. Look at the body of work...... Go back and look at, say, the last 8 playoff games between STL and VAN.
Yeah, our playoff history with Vancouver not good. 2 times we played them with legitimate shots at a Cup, once with Keenan and once with Coach Q and they both went up in smoke.
I felt in 2003 like the Blues were just starting to decline. Two things I remember about that series: Bertuzzi manhandling Jackman for 2 weeks and a bad case of the flu overtaking the Blues... probably costing them the series. Then there was '95.... God-damn shirtless Gino Odjick beating up an entire line of Blues, one by one.

insideout wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:23 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:10 pm
insideout wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:01 pm Don't worry about one game. Look at the body of work...... Go back and look at, say, the last 8 playoff games between STL and VAN.
Yeah, our playoff history with Vancouver not good. 2 times we played them with legitimate shots at a Cup, once with Keenan and once with Coach Q and they both went up in smoke.
I felt in 2003 like the Blues were just starting to decline. Two things I remember about that series: Bertuzzi manhandling Jackman for 2 weeks and a bad case of the flu overtaking the Blues... probably costing them the series. Then there was '95.... God-damn shirtless Gino Odjick beating up an entire line of Blues, one by one.
The thing about 03 is both the Wings and Avs got knocked out in 1st rd. It was wide open for Blues. Up 3-1 and then whoosh!