Re: GDT: Round Robin Game 3: St Louis Blues vs Dallas - 8/9 - 2:00 TV:NBC/FSMW

Is it just me or does it seem like the linesmen are letting a lot of close off sides calls go because of replay? I would prefer they do it this way. No point in calling offsides on a play that's really really close. Let replay make the decision, if need be. With a team being "punished" for an incorrect challenge by getting a 2 minute delay of game penalty and a 4 minute on each successive incorrect challenge, that's going to take care of those calls that are so damn close.

I'm honestly not worried, yet. 91 and 18 out last game. Allen and Brouwer in today. I know Barbs is with the new family member, but these are just a few signs that the Blues are more worried about getting ready for play beginning Tuesday. Since everyone is playing in the same empty building, home ice is nothing but last change. That can make a difference, but with no crowds to help "motivate" teams, home ice is irrelevant. Now, it's just who's the better team in a 7 game series.

Allen is looking just fine and I do see limited flashes of the Blues that I'd like to see, but again, I won't get worried unless they look this lackadaisical in the real first round of the playoffs. Look at all the players that have been hurt so far. I'll take this sort of boring hockey if we're healthy starting Tuesday/Wednesday.

Just read through this whole post. Holy shit, am I scatterbrained sometimes. Shit from all directions in one post. Guess I'm not in playoff form either.
:D :D :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana: :bananaride: :bananaride:
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Matangama wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:49 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:42 pm Bruins lose and go winless in round robin. Maybe writing is on wall and Blues will do the same.
Some pretty interesting match ups in the East. Boston gets Carolina, and I’m guessing that will be a little tougher than it was in last year’s playoffs. Washington vs the Islanders should be a great series, and Montreal won’t be a pushover for Philly. Most interesting.....if Columbus wins tonight, you get a rematch of last year’s 1st round against Tampa. Tampa would get a chance to show what they’re made of......but if the BJ’s smoke them again, it’s time to blow up that team.
Holy Cow, Tampa made some additions to this years team and Columbus lost 3 stars to free agency. If they meet again and lose, how embarrassing is that?

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:54 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:34 pm Who is Brouwer in for today? He wasn't supposed to play.
I'd assume barbie and mac mac
Barbie is with his new baby, so he's out of the bubble. Has to isolate for like 5 days or so and test negative before he can even be around anyone on the team. Mac Mac had his one game, lol.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm Is it just me or does it seem like the linesmen are letting a lot of close off sides calls go because of replay? I would prefer they do it this way. No point in calling offsides on a play that's really really close. Let replay make the decision, if need be. With a team being "punished" for an incorrect challenge by getting a 2 minute delay of game penalty and a 4 minute on each successive incorrect challenge, that's going to take care of those calls that are so damn close.

I'm honestly not worried, yet. 91 and 18 out last game. Allen and Brouwer in today. I know Barbs is with the new family member, but these are just a few signs that the Blues are more worried about getting ready for play beginning Tuesday. Since everyone is playing in the same empty building, home ice is nothing but last change. That can make a difference, but with no crowds to help "motivate" teams, home ice is irrelevant. Now, it's just who's the better team in a 7 game series.

Allen is looking just fine and I do see limited flashes of the Blues that I'd like to see, but again, I won't get worried unless they look this lackadaisical in the real first round of the playoffs. Look at all the players that have been hurt so far. I'll take this sort of boring hockey if we're healthy starting Tuesday/Wednesday.

Just read through this whole post. Holy shit, am I scatterbrained sometimes. Shit from all directions in one post. Guess I'm not in playoff form either.
That offside goal wasn't even close. I was hoping Tarasenko (I think) would have taken the puck back out of the zone.

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:09 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:34 pm Who is Brouwer in for today? He wasn't supposed to play.
Barbie is with his new baby, so he's out of the bubble. Has to isolate for like 5 days or so and test negative before he can even be around anyone on the team. Mac Mac had his one game, lol.
I hope Brouwer stays in until Barbashev gets back. I've seen enough Mac Mac.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:11 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm Is it just me or does it seem like the linesmen are letting a lot of close off sides calls go because of replay? I would prefer they do it this way. No point in calling offsides on a play that's really really close. Let replay make the decision, if need be. With a team being "punished" for an incorrect challenge by getting a 2 minute delay of game penalty and a 4 minute on each successive incorrect challenge, that's going to take care of those calls that are so damn close.

That offside goal wasn't even close. I was hoping Tarasenko (I think) would have taken the puck back out of the zone.
I knew it was offsides when I saw it live. The linesman usually get those right. But overall, I think they've been letting some go that in the past they would have called offsides was my point.

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:05 pm
Matangama wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:49 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:42 pm Bruins lose and go winless in round robin. Maybe writing is on wall and Blues will do the same.
Some pretty interesting match ups in the East. Boston gets Carolina, and I’m guessing that will be a little tougher than it was in last year’s playoffs. Washington vs the Islanders should be a great series, and Montreal won’t be a pushover for Philly. Most interesting.....if Columbus wins tonight, you get a rematch of last year’s 1st round against Tampa. Tampa would get a chance to show what they’re made of......but if the BJ’s smoke them again, it’s time to blow up that team.
Holy Cow, Tampa made some additions to this years team and Columbus lost 3 stars to free agency. If they meet again and lose, how embarrassing is that?
It would be delicious.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:13 pm

Brouwer does have that veteran grit that comes in really handy in the playoffs, for sure.

stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm

I knew it was offsides when I saw it live. The linesman usually get those right. But overall, I think they've been letting some go that in the past they would have called offsides was my point.
Yes. Still ticked off about the goal we lost the other day.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:16 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:14 pm

Yes. Still ticked off about the goal we lost the other day.
As close as it was from what we could see on TV, I don't know how they made that call, but it is what it is.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:13 pm

Yeah, nothing against Mac, but Brouwer is imo, substantially better at this time of year.

Super point-blank save by Allen!! But The Blues can't hold onto the puck for mor than a second or two, so they end up continuously chasing the puck. And because they are still slow at skating (out of condition) - and out of position, they keep taking penalties. Good thing Allen is playing well and The Stars are the only team less able to score than The Blues. But The Blues will likely be skating in mud in The 3rd because of having to play shorthanded so much. They'll probably need some good luck to win this game.

Now they are on the PP. They've GOT to score now!!!