Re: GDT: Round Robin Game 3: St Louis Blues vs Dallas - 8/9 - 2:00 TV:NBC/FSMW

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:52 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:33 am Thomas and Tarasenko back in the lineup today. Jake Allen in goal.

Win and you play Cal-Gary.
Lose and you play Vancouver

I still think I'd rather play Vancouver
Be careful what you wish for
It's certainly not a wish. Just a preference. Both will be tough outs for the Blues. Talbot seems to be playing out of his mind for the Flames and they can match the Blues physicality.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:33 am Thomas and Tarasenko back in the lineup today. Jake Allen in goal.

I’m leaning towards the Canucks too. But their lineup is solid and Ferland is back too. Both teams are good and you could call it a coin flip. But I’ll take the Canucks. Calgary handled the Jets pretty good. They look poised for a run.

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 pm

I’m leaning towards the Canucks too. But their lineup is solid and Ferland is back too. Both teams are good and you could call it a coin flip. But I’ll take the Canucks. Calgary handled the Jets pretty good. They look poised for a run.
Ferland is out again, as in out of the bubble. He left early in his second game back. They can't say what it is, but everyone assumes its another concussion. After all he's been through, his career is quite possibly over.

As for the matchup, I don't particularly care, but it'd be nice for a somewhat recognizable version of this year's Blues team to show up at some point.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:42 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:26 pm

Ferland is out again, as in out of the bubble. He left early in his second game back. They can't say what it is, but everyone assumes its another concussion. After all he's been through, his career is quite possibly over.

As for the matchup, I don't particularly care, but it'd be nice for a somewhat recognizable version of this year's Blues team to show up at some point.
Then he’s done. I saw him get in a fight, maybe that’s what did it.............yeah, time to play To Tell the Truth......will the real St. Louis Blues please stand up.

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:42 pm Bruins lose and go winless in round robin. Maybe writing is on wall and Blues will do the same.
Some pretty interesting match ups in the East. Boston gets Carolina, and I’m guessing that will be a little tougher than it was in last year’s playoffs. Washington vs the Islanders should be a great series, and Montreal won’t be a pushover for Philly. Most interesting.....if Columbus wins tonight, you get a rematch of last year’s 1st round against Tampa. Tampa would get a chance to show what they’re made of......but if the BJ’s smoke them again, it’s time to blow up that team.

The Blues are looking WORSE in every successive game, after starting off after their 4-month break, out of shape and with their timing off. It seems those 2 aspects are getting worse, rather than better, which should come naturally. They'd better get more determined to just dominate, and win this game ugly, by hustle and hard hitting, only. Virtually EVERY pass has been way off. They overskate the puck, and lose almost all races to the puck.

And Dunn scores!!!! Blues with a very ugly 2-0 lead!!!!