Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Vegas - 8/6 - 5:30 TV:FSMW/NHL

Great defensive play by Faulk on the Blueline, standing up the opponent. He's played a much better physical game since the season has re-started than he had all season before.
A better period for The Blues, and a couple weak calls against them, and a needless gamble on the challenge. The Blues should have seen it was too close to call watching the replays. They are not getting back well on defence. There are big gaps a fast team can exploit. The Knights are doing just what The Avs did. But, The Blues have been stronger on the forecheck, and stronger on their skates. So, it's clear that they are on their way to getting into game shape. Let's hope they are back to top form by the start of their first series, and that Tarasenko is backup to full speed.

The Blues are still not playing with urgency. I hope they decide they are going to go full-out in the game against The Stars. They've already played all 3 games since the season started again, not playing 100%. They'd better not make it 4. or it may be tough to get in sync in Game 1 of their 1st series. And, I'd rather have had Allen play this game, and Binnington played the last Round-Robin game. I don't want to see The Blues avoid the post Stanley Cup winning letdown during the regular season without their leading goal scorer, and then have a big letdown in the playoffs. instead.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 8:14 pm Blues aren't interested in this. Maybe they think they can just flip the switch whenever but the team currently playing with be swept right out
Yeah, they don’t look right. I didn’t like it when I saw Berube hang his head down. I mean he’s the guy, if he isn’t confident we’re sunk. Maybe when they lose game 1 of the first rd they’ll get it together. It’s still hockey. When the stakes are high and the opponent hits you, it’s just human nature to fight back. I’m not giving up yet but this is concerning.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:10 pm Love hearing the goal horn and goal song of the other team at a home game.
right? kept going through my head too. if you're going to declare a "home" team, fucking go with it. so half assed. also, why did they play the canadian national anthem? there were no canadian teams playing. as out of their way as they are going to try to make everything "normal" with the ridiculous piping in of crowd noise, why make things stick out as obviously fucking weird with these two things? none of this makes any sense. so dumb. also, the canadian anthem should never be played in the style of family reunion country. awful.
BillP. wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:13 pm Yeah, they don’t look right. I didn’t like it when I saw Berube hang his head down.
i saw that and thought the same thing, then i realized he was looking at the replay ipad. shrug.

this team... until the final flurry, they had 13 shots. every single player was watching and chasing most of the game. they look like a team that had five months off. i don't know why it seems like they are one of the only teams that's happening to, but they are. they are making everyone else look great by comparison. when every game counts, little things mean something. ROR dominating on the dot and JB making some great saves isn't going to win every game. hopefully these guys get their give-a-shit together soon and start taking the man and quit chasing.