Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Vegas - 8/6 - 5:30 TV:FSMW/NHL

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:30 am It's good to have OUR St Louis Blues back. I don't know who that team was that showed up last year, it was a lot of fun but this team is the St Louis Blues I grew up with. Just straight trash making me bitch and moan every game. Feels good. The Blues are back baby!
In these trying times it's wonderful to have at least some small sense of normalcy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:26 am Maybe this team just doesn't want to be there? Isolated in Edmonton away from your family for a bogus tournament when you just won the real one last year? Hard to know but they are playing like a team that was forced to play and doesn't have much interest.
I been thinking the same thing, put yourself in there shoes, kiss the kids and momma bye and say see ya in a couple months. This whole goat rodeo sucks.

So much whining! You'd think we lost a game 7 of a playoff series!

At least it was an entertaining game. Honestly, since these games mean nothing, I'd rather see them lose 4-6 than win 1-0. Get the scoring going, get some confidence on the offensive side and work out the kinks and give some other players a chance to start in a tournament style NHL game. They've played two 'real' games and one 'exhibition game' in the last 4 months. Two of their star players were out vs the VGK, and Allen is getting start vs Dallas so obviously Berube isn't sweating it. Chief knows what he is doing and will have the team ready. The defense will come around, that has always been this team's strength. I trust the back 6, the backchecking forwards, and Binner will be lights out come playoff time.

Let's Go Blues!!!!
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:04 am So much whining! You'd think we lost a game 7 of a playoff series!

At least it was an entertaining game. Honestly, since these games mean nothing, I'd rather see them lose 4-6 than win 1-0. Get the scoring going, get some confidence on the offensive side and work out the kinks and give some other players a chance to start in a tournament style NHL game. They've played two 'real' games and one 'exhibition game' in the last 4 months. Two of their star players were out vs the VGK, and Allen is getting start vs Dallas so obviously Berube isn't sweating it. Chief knows what he is doing and will have the team ready. The defense will come around, that has always been this team's strength. I trust the back 6, the backchecking forwards, and Binner will be lights out come playoff time.

Let's Go Blues!!!!
Being okay with losing is a worse mindset than being upset by losing, IMO. The Avalanche clearly aren't okay with losing. The knights aren't okay with losing. The Flyers aren't okay with losing. They are playing to compete and to win, unlike the Blues.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 am
bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:04 am So much whining! You'd think we lost a game 7 of a playoff series!

Let's Go Blues!!!!
Being okay with losing is a worse mindset than being upset by losing, IMO. The Avalanche clearly aren't okay with losing. The knights aren't okay with losing. The Flyers aren't okay with losing. They are playing to compete and to win, unlike the Blues.

My or your being upset by the Blues losing has ZERO affect on how the Blues play. If the Blues got blown out 6-0, sure, I'd be upset I wasted 3+ hours on watching a shit show and that my favorite team played like crap, but personally, I was entertained last night. I thought the Blues played really good for 40 minutes. Sure the last 20 minutes sucked, but overall, I found more to like than dislike. For me, that's all that matters when watching something that I have zero control over.

As to the Blues players themselves, I'm sure they are very upset they haven't won. You don't go from winning the SC to having no competition level at all. Hell, IIRC, the Blues had several slumps throughout the 19/20 regular season including a slow start, and were still #1 in the WC at what became the end of the regular season. They'll be OK. Trust in Berube and DA and the team. They haven't lost their mojo, they just have to find it, and I personally believe they will in time to make a long run this fall....which sounds so freaking weird :)
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:49 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 11:36 am

Let's Go Blues!!!!

My or your being upset by the Blues losing has ZERO affect on how the Blues play. If the Blues got blown out 6-0, sure, I'd be upset I wasted 3+ hours on watching a shit show and that my favorite team played like crap, but personally, I was entertained last night. I thought the Blues played really good for 40 minutes. Sure the last 20 minutes sucked, but overall, I found more to like than dislike. For me, that's all that matters when watching something that I have zero control over.

As to the Blues players themselves, I'm sure they are very upset they haven't won. You don't go from winning the SC to having no competition level at all. Hell, IIRC, the Blues had several slumps throughout the 19/20 regular season including a slow start, and were still #1 in the WC at what became the end of the regular season. They'll be OK. Trust in Berube and DA and the team. They haven't lost their mojo, they just have to find it, and I personally believe they will in time to make a long run this fall....which sounds so freaking weird :)
You can't prove that.

If me sitting in a specific chair or wearing a specific shirt impacts the outcome then I promise my mood also does.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:04 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:55 pm Blues haven’t played a meaningful game yet...they don’t give a shit what seed they are going into the playoffs
Who would you rather face? Vancouver or Calgary....................if my calculation is right, I think that's what we're looking at.....................I'm guessing Vancouver is the choice but they're no joke.
It’s a tough call....i would probably pick the Flames for our first round matchup but I mean it’s like 51%-49% .
Canucks have the better head coach and goalie...and that will mean something in a 7 game series.
Looch and Baby Walt though ....gotta be ready for it...highly unlikely the Blues will make it through unscathed. Looch is an absolutely terrifying individual and he’s playing pretty well right now.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:55 pm Blues haven’t played a meaningful game yet...they don’t give a shit what seed they are going into the playoffs
This.

They haven’t played well at all yet and their “punishment” is going to be playing Calgary, Minnesota or Vancouver in Round 1. I don’t think anyone is happy with how they have been playing, but it hasn’t cost them anything yet. It would likely mean getting through BOTH Vegas and Colorado to get to the SCF instead of just one of them as the #1 seed, but there is no guarantee that either of them gets through Round 1.