Re: Blues vs Avs game #1 8/2/2020

i still don't like the crowd noise, but am also confused by having an announcer in-arena. who is that for? i mean, if they feel compelled to play typical in-game music over the PA, maybe the players get into that, i don't know, but the announcer? it's just really fucking weird.

i watched a little bit of the game, tbh. decided to watch something else. i just don't know what this is. feels wrong, and doesn't seem like it matters. or at least, the blues aren't into it. shrug.

Ah, I've missed this. They scored on the power play and Binnington looked amazing. The two things that could have sunk this playoff run the fastest were shitty special teams and a rusty Binner (that must have an entry on urban dictionary). Tarasenko has played 2 games in the last 9 months, he'll be fine. The intensity will come. I'm not saying they're going to win the Cup, but I think its ok to walk back from the ledge.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 am Ah, I've missed this. They scored on the power play and Binnington looked amazing. The two things that could have sunk this playoff run the fastest were shitty special teams and a rusty Binner (that must have an entry on urban dictionary). Tarasenko has played 2 games in the last 9 months, he'll be fine. The intensity will come. I'm not saying they're going to win the Cup, but I think its ok to walk back from the ledge.
Binny played strong, and I was super happy that first PP goal clicked like that.
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:38 am You mean like the 2019-20 regular season?
They look like they know they made the playoffs, their not hitting (as much as they should yet) and they are not driving as hard.

I am more interested to see their compete level when they get to the real Playoffs, not just the "playoff points accumulation round."

Plus it was nice to see the Avs go balls to the walls, and only win by one against a team we can all agree on: didn't have the look of being really into it or focused.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:09 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:58 am Ah, I've missed this. They scored on the power play and Binnington looked amazing. The two things that could have sunk this playoff run the fastest were shitty special teams and a rusty Binner (that must have an entry on urban dictionary). Tarasenko has played 2 games in the last 9 months, he'll be fine. The intensity will come. I'm not saying they're going to win the Cup, but I think its ok to walk back from the ledge.
Binny played strong, and I was super happy that first PP goal clicked like that.
JMC-STL wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:38 am You mean like the 2019-20 regular season?
They look like they know they made the playoffs, their not hitting (as much as they should yet) and they are not driving as hard.

I am more interested to see their compete level when they get to the real Playoffs, not just the "playoff points accumulation round."

Plus it was nice to see the Avs go balls to the walls, and only win by one against a team we can all agree on: didn't have the look of being really into it or focused.
What Cotton said. Good game, but not great. Not terribly worried about it. If the Blues don't win one game in the round robin, then I'll be a bit concerned, but for now, just stay healthy, get your game back on, and be ready for the 'real games' starting in a couple of weeks.
"Do Only Good Everyday"

bradleygt89 wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:47 amWhat Cotton said. Good game, but not great. Not terribly worried about it. If the Blues don't win one game in the round robin, then I'll be a bit concerned, but for now, just stay healthy, get your game back on, and be ready for the 'real games' starting in a couple of weeks.
But what about gaining home ice advantage ... no, wait ... never mind ... :?

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am If the Blues don’t beat Vegas , looks like a pretty good chance we are gonna have a 7 game series against Connor and Leon
Nah, not in the first round. All we have to do at this point is beat Dallas on Sunday to hold on to #3 if Dallas doesn't get a point against Colorado. If we beat Vegas, we'll end up #2 in the West. We just have to hope for no loser points unless it's us. Losing with .05 seconds left on Sunday instead of in OT really stings.

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:48 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am If the Blues don’t beat Vegas , looks like a pretty good chance we are gonna have a 7 game series against Connor and Leon
Nah, not in the first round. All we have to do at this point is beat Dallas on Sunday to hold on to #3 if Dallas doesn't get a point against Colorado. If we beat Vegas, we'll end up #2 in the West. We just have to hope for no loser points unless it's us. Losing with .05 seconds left on Sunday instead of in OT really stings.
If if if....
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:50 am
If if if....
Wasn't that pretty much what you were doing? I mean, the first word in your post was "if". :?

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 11:17 am
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:50 am
If if if....
Wasn't that pretty much what you were doing? I mean, the first word in your post was "if". :?
Yes I’m referring to my “if”
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:41 am If the Blues don’t beat Vegas , looks like a pretty good chance we are gonna have a 5 game series against Connor and Leon
Fixed it for you. Those guys are great, but the rest of their team sucks and they have shaky goaltending. I'd welcome that matchup.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!