Re: Playoff games [other teams]

bradleygt89 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:08 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 2:24 pm Fuck Boston.......................I hope this means the Blues will come out and play tonight.
yeah, they seem to be following a similar pattern ;)
I have been telling people I'm withholding judgment on the Blues until I see how they play in the real playoffs. If they are just as lackadaisical tonight as they were in the round robin games, then I'll start to worry. I think they know when to turn it on. I just hope they can actually turn it on. Knowing and doing are two very different things.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Osh is having a game! What a great player he is....still hurts seeing him as a Capital.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 4:39 pm Osh is having a game! What a great player he is....still hurts seeing him as a Capital.
I didn’t get over that trade until we won the Cup. Now I can watch him without being bitter. I understand why Army traded him, and maybe it needed to happen, but let’s be honest, it was a terrible trade.

As for the other player that came over in the trade, Copley played just two games for the Blues, one during the 2015-16 season and one during the 2016-17 season. He allowed five total goals in those two contest and failed to record a victory.

Ironically, Copley returned to the Caps in February of 2017 as part of the deal that sent Kevin Shattenkirk to Washington. In that deal, the Blues acquired the services of Zach Sanford and Brad Malone, as well as a first-round pick in the 2017 draft.

Sanford broke out for the Blues during the 2019 Stanley Cup final, scoring four points in the final five games and tallying the final Blues goal of the series. The Blues traded the first round pick as part of the deal to acquire Brayden Schenn.

As for the third-round pick that St. Louis acquired as part of the Oshie deal, they bundled that in a trade during the draft in 2016 with the Caps to acquire a pick in the first round. That pick was used for center Tage Thompson. He put up nine points in 41 games as a rookie for the Blues this past season. Tage Thompson became part of the trade for Ryan O’Reilly, and struggled his first season in Buffalo
I got this from an article I found when trying to find out exactly who was involved in that trade. I guess it's possible that if that trade hadn't happened, the Blues never get Sanford, Schenn, or O'Reilly. Long way around, but it did sort of work out, in an odd sort of way.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

The Islanders are certainly not going to go down without a fight, it would appear. Now up 3-2 after an odd SHG.

stlblues1226 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm
As for the other player that came over in the trade, Copley played just two games for the Blues, one during the 2015-16 season and one during the 2016-17 season. He allowed five total goals in those two contest and failed to record a victory.

Ironically, Copley returned to the Caps in February of 2017 as part of the deal that sent Kevin Shattenkirk to Washington. In that deal, the Blues acquired the services of Zach Sanford and Brad Malone, as well as a first-round pick in the 2017 draft.

Sanford broke out for the Blues during the 2019 Stanley Cup final, scoring four points in the final five games and tallying the final Blues goal of the series. The Blues traded the first round pick as part of the deal to acquire Brayden Schenn.

As for the third-round pick that St. Louis acquired as part of the Oshie deal, they bundled that in a trade during the draft in 2016 with the Caps to acquire a pick in the first round. That pick was used for center Tage Thompson. He put up nine points in 41 games as a rookie for the Blues this past season. Tage Thompson became part of the trade for Ryan O’Reilly, and struggled his first season in Buffalo
I got this from an article I found when trying to find out exactly who was involved in that trade. I guess it's possible that if that trade hadn't happened, the Blues never get Sanford, Schenn, or O'Reilly. Long way around, but it did sort of work out, in an odd sort of way.
Thank you....that makes me feel better about the Oshie trade! It’s a little bit like the series of trades that ended up with the Blues getting the 3rd round pick that turned into Binnington!

Matangama wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:08 pm

Thank you....that makes me feel better about the Oshie trade! It’s a little bit like the series of trades that ended up with the Blues getting the 3rd round pick that turned into Binnington!
Happy to be of assistance. It made me think of good ole Binner as well.

Wow. 4-2 now. I do like the underdog in a lot of situations. As long as the underdog isn't the Blackhawks, Red Wings, Bruins or Kings. Ok, add the Sharks to that list, too.

I think it's why I really enjoy the Premier League. Each season, three new teams get a shot at the big time. It usually doesn't end well, but sometimes something completely unforeseen happens. See Leicester City. Promoted in 2014-2015 and won the title in 2015-2016. Was a lot of fun to watch.

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 pm NYI came to play 4-2. Wilson 11 minutes in penalty box lol.
Fixed it for ya. One penalty was a 5 minute fighting major.

BlueinNy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:13 pm
stlblues1226 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:36 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:30 pm NYI came to play 4-2. Wilson 11 minutes in penalty box lol.
Fixed it for ya. One penalty was a 5 minute fighting major.
Ty, my bad.
No worries. I'm just being my normal smart ass self. No disrespect meant.

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:56 pm Coyotes will upset Avs and advance. Something unexpected is going to happen, so why not? I picked AZ in my bracket.
Looks like the Coyotes might not score 4 goals this series, let alone win 4 games.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 7:47 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 3:56 pm Coyotes will upset Avs and advance. Something unexpected is going to happen, so why not? I picked AZ in my bracket.
Looks like the Coyotes might not score 4 goals this series, let alone win 4 games.
They had a tough time breaking the 4 sog threshold per period.

Philly is my second favorite team so I'm happy to see them take the first game against the Habs. I lived in the Philly area for just over three years a while back and really got to be a fan. Love to see a Philly vs Blues Final. I always pull for the Blues, but if they have to lose, Philly would be my choice to beat them.

Yeah, I think something went wrong somewhere in my calculation :lol: But I still say Avs are overrated.

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:31 pm
Yeah, I think something went wrong somewhere in my calculation :lol: But I still say Avs are overrated.
I don’t think they are overrated...forward group is really strong, defense is legit...goaltending can go either way which could be their downfall when all is said and done but man do they bring it every game so far. They remind me of the Russian red army team from the late 70’s and 80’s....they just keep coming in waves.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Seriously, does anyone want to here what this woman has to say? Its gonna make me mute the game. I have nothing against post game with Tappan but ffs this woman has nothing to add to the game. Imo

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 pm Seriously, does anyone want to here what this woman has to say? Its gonna make me mute the game. I have nothing against post game with Tappan but ffs this woman has nothing to add to the game. Imo
Her and fucking Pierre......it’s like they are getting paid by the word. They feel the need to get yappy at every chance.

BlueinNy wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:10 pm Seriously, does anyone want to here what this woman has to say? Its gonna make me mute the game. I have nothing against post game with Tappan but ffs this woman has nothing to add to the game. Imo
Yes I think the Olympic Gold Medalist can add something to the broadcast.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!