Re: Playoff qualifing games [other teams]

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 5:48 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:08 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 12:53 pm Florida has 20 mins left in their season...
That team is a complete fail until they remedy what they got. They need to make some changes.
I expect them the be very much in play for Petro
Interesting take. Never crossed my mind.

bradleygt89 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:08 pm Lol, leafs still suck, but so does Columbus. Fun game, big Leaf guns finally showed up last 20 minutes of game time.
Can’t believe Leafs boomerang back and return the favor by coming back from a 3-0 deficit to win in OT. After this, I’m not sure what to expect in Gm 5. Jackets better team most of series but do they rebound from this?

Wonder if goalies will ever go back to standing up to guard net on sharp side shots. Seems like guys are hitting that top corner more often now. I mean goalies are so big now, they’d still cover quite a bit just standing up against side of post. Don’t get it, do goalies lack that much confidence at the thought of partially abandoning the butterfly?

So happy to see the Canucks eliminate the Wild last night. They were very resilient in this series as a lot of people thought the Wild were going to win it. Even after losing game one, they stuck with it and just kept working....pretty impressive considering all the young inexperienced players. The NHL is always better to me when Vancouver has a good team. Now if they would just get rid of the orca whale logo....still can't figure out why they continue to use that logo.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:32 am So happy to see the Canucks eliminate the Wild last night. They were very resilient in this series as a lot of people thought the Wild were going to win it. Even after losing game one, they stuck with it and just kept working....pretty impressive considering all the young inexperienced players. The NHL is always better to me when Vancouver has a good team. Now if they would just get rid of the orca whale logo....still can't figure out why they continue to use that logo.
We need someone to claim it’s offensive and boom, it will be gone!

Matangama wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:32 am So happy to see the Canucks eliminate the Wild last night. They were very resilient in this series as a lot of people thought the Wild were going to win it. Even after losing game one, they stuck with it and just kept working....pretty impressive considering all the young inexperienced players. The NHL is always better to me when Vancouver has a good team. Now if they would just get rid of the orca whale logo....still can't figure out why they continue to use that logo.
bwahaha.....that's how the world works today for sure.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:20 am
Matangama wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:15 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:32 amSo happy to see the Canucks eliminate the Wild last night. They were very resilient in this series as a lot of people thought the Wild were going to win it. Even after losing game one, they stuck with it and just kept working....pretty impressive considering all the young inexperienced players. The NHL is always better to me when Vancouver has a good team. Now if they would just get rid of the orca whale logo....still can't figure out why they continue to use that logo.
bwahaha.....that's how the world works today for sure.
CLEARLY another misappropriation of cultural identity. Why haven't the Save The Whales people been all over this?! Oh, yeah, right ... orcas aren't whales ... call Save The Oceanic Dolphins, then!

They’ve never had a good logo imo. The Orca is the best of the bunch. I prefer the Bure years black/red/gold colors myself but the skate logo was boring and the stick/rink logo was even more boring.

ratonmono wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:39 am
They’ve never had a good logo imo. The Orca is the best of the bunch. I prefer the Bure years black/red/gold colors myself but the skate logo was boring and the stick/rink logo was even more boring.
The Bure days jerseys were easily their best. Has another team changed their team colors more than the Canucks?
Just a Russian propaganda account

So what are we rooting for tomorrow, if you got to pick? Save your, "I just want them to show improvement" no fun answers or I will beat you in front of your friends and family pet.

Blues lose and they get Vancouver
Blues win and they get Calgary

Personally would rather play Vancouver. Something about playing Matthew Tkachuk vs his hometown team just doesn't sound fun for myself or the team.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:42 pm Wonder if goalies will ever go back to standing up to guard net on sharp side shots. Seems like guys are hitting that top corner more often now. I mean goalies are so big now, they’d still cover quite a bit just standing up against side of post. Don’t get it, do goalies lack that much confidence at the thought of partially abandoning the butterfly?
It started as a percentage game. The puck stopping strategy lags behinds the percentage of goals in that particular situation. My days of playing goalie never had you go down on the angle, you forced them out front.

I am with you though, all of the holes those tenders are showing is pretty crazy when they're down on the post.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 am So what are we rooting for tomorrow, if you got to pick? Save your, "I just want them to show improvement" no fun answers or I will beat you in front of your friends and family pet.

Blues lose and they get Vancouver
Blues win and they get Calgary

Personally would rather play Vancouver. Something about playing Matthew Tkachuk vs his hometown team just doesn't sound fun for myself or the team.
I want then to win just to remind them that is something they used to do, and seemed to enjoy.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!