Re: Playoff qualifing games [other teams]

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 2:27 pm Just 2 round robin games today after 6 elimination games yesterday. BOR-ING!
Looking forward to Philly and Tampa tonight
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 am So what are we rooting for tomorrow, if you got to pick? Save your, "I just want them to show improvement" no fun answers or I will beat you in front of your friends and family pet.

Blues lose and they get Vancouver
Blues win and they get Calgary

Personally would rather play Vancouver. Something about playing Matthew Tkachuk vs his hometown team just doesn't sound fun for myself or the team.
I don’t know what to think. I’d rather play Vancouver, who in all honesty had a tough time with Minnesota. Calgary kind of worries me. Somebody is going to benefit from this COVID Cup and Calgary might be that team. Winnipeg was fodder in 1st rd last year for eventual Cup Champ and the Flames looked awfully good in that first rd. Just sayin......

BillP. wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 4:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:01 am So what are we rooting for tomorrow, if you got to pick? Save your, "I just want them to show improvement" no fun answers or I will beat you in front of your friends and family pet.

Blues lose and they get Vancouver
Blues win and they get Calgary

Personally would rather play Vancouver. Something about playing Matthew Tkachuk vs his hometown team just doesn't sound fun for myself or the team.
I don’t know what to think. I’d rather play Vancouver, who in all honesty had a tough time with Minnesota. Calgary kind of worries me. Somebody is going to benefit from this COVID Cup and Calgary might be that team. Winnipeg was fodder in 1st rd last year for eventual Cup Champ and the Flames looked awfully good in that first rd. Just sayin......
I wouldn’t say the Canucks struggled...they are a young team learning how to win when it counts. They took care of a veteran Minnesota team in 4 games. Be careful what you wish for.....they don’t know how good they are just yet. I’ll give credit to their fans...most of them over at their forum on HF want to play the Blues if nothing more than to Just play the defending Champs.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:46 pm From all the games I've seen, Vegas vs Philly is the final.
That was my prediction as well before it all started but I still think Colorado might get there. Flyers are about a year ahead of schedule and they’ve still got so much talent coming. We are talking possible multiple cups here.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:51 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:46 pm From all the games I've seen, Vegas vs Philly is the final.
That was my prediction as well before it all started but I still think Colorado might get there. Flyers are about a year ahead of schedule and they’ve still got so much talent coming. We are talking possible multiple cups here.
Mike Yeo back to back Stanley Cup champion. What a time to be alive!
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:34 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:28 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:27 pmSuck it Leafs.
Something needs to change there.
Yeah, it starts with the guy at the top. Shanahan derailed a promising young nucleus.
On the other hand there was no promising young nucleus until Shanahan arrived. Trade one of your forwards for D and take it from there.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The Kadri trade was bad but once you go all in on JT someone had to go. Kadri was the heart and soul of that team.
When they miraculously win the lottery tonight it’s going to make it very easy to move on from one of their forwards. I wouldn’t be surprised if they try and move Marner. I don’t know if moving Nylander or Kapanen really helps much. Adding Lafreniere though gives them a world of options though.

"Suck a dick Johansen"