Re: Games 8/1/20

Watching Leafs and Jackets during the Blue intermission. Liam Foudy is a fucking player .
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:53 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm Flyers look like they aren’t going to have a problem regaining the form they were in when the league shutdown. I thought they were the best team in the East. I’m excited to see what they can do as they have always been my second favorite team.
Coyotes looking good....Kuemper was huge today.
If you can rename your thread, you should title it Playoff Qualifier, then we can just run with this.
It won't let me edit it. Perhaps TC can rename it

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:04 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:53 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:38 pm Flyers look like they aren’t going to have a problem regaining the form they were in when the league shutdown. I thought they were the best team in the East. I’m excited to see what they can do as they have always been my second favorite team.
If you can rename your thread, you should title it Playoff Qualifier, then we can just run with this.
It won't let me edit it. Perhaps TC can rename it
Thanks for checking. Wasn’t sure if you could rename a thread or not.

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:53 am Jets 0-7 on PP and they gave up SH goal to boot. Wonder why they lost?
They got outworked, Scheifle went down with what looked like a huge ankle injury, and Helebuyck looked average. Talbot surprised me in goal for the Flames.

Re: Playoff qualifing games [other teams]

Canes take care of Rangers 4-1 with a hat trick from Svechnikov to go up in the series 2-0. Aho had a bunch of assists. That is an extremely underrated line. Anything can happen in a short series, but I didn't think the Rangers had a chance in this one unless Mrazek was a sieve. Panarin and Zbinijad are great, but that's it. If the Canes get solid goaltending they are going to be an extremely difficult team to beat.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The Original 6 issues notwithstanding, I think I would like to see the Rangers end up with the first overall pick out of the teams that are left and will likely get eliminated. Mainly because I want to see some balance restored to the three NY area teams after the Devils got the first overall twice in the last few years. I would have the Islanders right there for the same reason, but I think they end up dispatching the Panthers in 3 or 4.

MissouriMook wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:33 pm The Original 6 issues notwithstanding, I think I would like to see the Rangers end up with the first overall pick out of the teams that are left and will likely get eliminated. Mainly because I want to see some balance restored to the three NY area teams after the Devils got the first overall twice in the last few years. I would have the Islanders right there for the same reason, but I think they end up dispatching the Panthers in 3 or 4.
Once we know who the 8 teams that have a shot at #1 are we should rank them in terms of teams we'd like to see win the lottery. I imagine half of them will be infuriating.

I've got a few things to add. First one is this; is it just me or is the Jets coach a whinny little bitch? I seem to remember him pulling out the crying towel last year in the first round against the Blues. I could be wrong.

Next:
Tim, couldn't agree more. I've lived most of my life in the St Louis area, but did work my dream job for just over 3 years (Oct 2007 - Jan 2011) about 45 miles from Philly and got to really like the Flyers.

I really love having hockey on damn near all day. Especially since I'm only working Mon-Thur and only working about 20 hours those 4 days, so I've got time to watch a lot of hockey and I'm lovin' it.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

The Canes are the first team to get through the qualifying round and into the real playoffs, and boy was their twitter account feeling cheeky.

They are going to be a very very tough out if their goaltending holds up.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:02 am The Canes are the first team to get through the qualifying round and into the real playoffs, and boy was their twitter account feeling cheeky.

They are going to be a very very tough out if their goaltending holds up.
Covid Cup.....................Calgary vs Carolina.....................the letter C might be the key

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am Minnesota and Vancouver....................benches emptied and both teams had words before leaving ice. Series looks like it might be heating up...............
That was the series I had the toughest time figuring out. I think Minnesota is going to end up advancing, I just trust their depth a lot more than Vancouver's.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:05 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:38 am Minnesota and Vancouver....................benches emptied and both teams had words before leaving ice. Series looks like it might be heating up...............
That was the series I had the toughest time figuring out. I think Minnesota is going to end up advancing, I just trust their depth a lot more than Vancouver's.
Minnesota could be a sleeper if they can find the goals. They don't have that home run hitter but Fiala sure picked up where he left off earlier in the year. He's starting to prove he's got legit potential. But the Wild play a strong structured game, they got an above avg D and 4 solid lines. I'm with you, tough series to figure out. I gave the Nucks the slight edge cause I figured they had more scoring potential.............I saw that Toffoli wasn't in the lineup last night.............what's the deal with him?

If the Oilers blow that series, it should make for an interesting October for them.
Won’t be too much longer and we will start hearing rumors of McDavid wanting out.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:05 am If the Oilers blow that series, it should make for an interesting October for them.
Won’t be too much longer and we will start hearing rumors of McDavid wanting out.
Suppose they do lose, then win the draft lottery. Lafreniere is in the fold this winter. This doesn't work because of a NMC but....
Draisaitl for Hedman. Do it. Do it. Do it.