Re: Playoff games [other teams]

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 am
MissouriMook wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:46 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:52 pm

I never said it was justified. Those cops have a job to do and this guy escalated the situation by doing what he wanted.. If he just stops and listens to them, the situation is likely diffused. Once the taser doesn’t work...what is the cops job? The guy was a convicted felon and a threat.
As far as something wrong with me ...sorry bruh, I back the blue 100% all the time . If that’s seen as there being something wrong with me, I’m all for it and I’ll gladly let you or anyone else believe that.
That is such narrow minded bullshit. As if you would still be all “Yeah cops!” tomorrow if one busted down your door tonight and put 4 slugs in your wife's chest. My guess is you won’t ever have to worry about that because of who you are and where you live, but I know plenty of people who do.

I believe that >90% of cops are good and genuinely want to serve, and I absolutely support them, but anyone who supports 100% of the cops 100% of the time is willfully ignorant of how many truly evil men and women hide behind the badge and revel in being able to abuse the power behind it. If you’re not supportive of everyone being held accountable under the law regardless of who they are, where they’re from and what color their skin is, you’re absolutely part of the problem. But I guess it’s just easier to blame the victim and back the blue and complain about being inconvenienced because a certain group of people are tired of being shit on and shot at. Pathetic.
So you support a criminal that disobeyed police orders and did what he was going to do and is now paralyzed because of HIS actions. Now that is pathetic Mook...truly fucking pathetic.
So here's part of the issue at hand. The victim can be an asshole and not listen to the police and also not deserve to get shot 7 times. The police officer can be frustrated and afraid and still be expected to know there are better options than shooting a guy (in this situation, sometimes they have to of course). This isn't a binary either or situation. Saying you aren't on board with the shooting doesn't mean you want Jacob Blake to be nominated for Man of the Year and put him on the fast track to sainthood. It just means you don't think the shooting was justified because of his choices prior to the incident.

Anyway yesterday was an intense day on the ol' BNF, so I'm going to try to make this my only non-hockey post of the day. We'll see how that goes!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Playoff games [other teams]

listen to me carefully, as this is the last time i'm saying this - i am not entertaining these discussion on a hockey forum. go to twitter or literally anywhere else on the internet for this. if you can't abide this one rule, i will shut the site down. next time you decide this should be a social justice forum, it won't be here when you return.