Re: Playoff games [other teams]

You wonder if maybe it’s Dallas who is the surprise team this year. Last year, if it wasn’t for the Blues, they go to the Finals and maybe win it all. Maybe it’s their turn this year.

Matangama wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:27 pmOk, I think Grubauer sucks.......but I didn’t want the poor guy to fuck up his knee!
You jinxed him! You are now responsible for the remaining salary AND bonuses on his current contract. Lucky for you, he'll be a UFA next summer.

Matangama wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:27 pmOk, I think Grubauer sucks.......but I didn’t want the poor guy to fuck up his knee!
You jinxed him! You are now responsible for the remaining salary AND bonuses on his current contract. Lucky for you, he'll be a UFA next summer. The bad news is: Army will swap Allen & Binner for him straight up at the next trade deadline. :(

JMC-STL wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:09 am
You jinxed him! You are now responsible for the remaining salary AND bonuses on his current contract. Lucky for you, he'll be a UFA next summer. The bad news is: Army will swap Allen & Binner for him straight up at the next trade deadline. :(
Man, don’t even joke about that possibility, JMC! Of course I could t be any more traumatized by bad goaltending than I am now after the Blues mess in the bubble!

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:54 pm Stars up 3-1 and looking pretty good. Oh and EJ got hit by a golf cart and wobbled off and hasn’t retuned
EJ... erik johnson? are you telling me he was involved in another golf cart accident?

T.C. wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:27 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:54 pm Stars up 3-1 and looking pretty good. Oh and EJ got hit by a golf cart and wobbled off and hasn’t retuned
EJ... erik johnson? are you telling me he was involved in another golf cart accident?
No...he knocked knees with a Stars player and went to the locker room. He returned for the 2nd period but I believe he left the game two more times after that as well.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

T.C. wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:27 am
NHLTIM wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:54 pmStars up 3-1 and looking pretty good. Oh and EJ got hit by a golf cart and wobbled off and hasn’t retuned.
It was a virtual golf cart. The League uses them to cart around the advertising money they're making from these Bubble Hockey Games.

Update: EJ did return-to-play in the first game of the Return-To-Play second round, but he was clearly not 100%. Might've still had a divot or two stuck up his ass.

I know they lost last night, but if you look at the pace at which the Avs play and compare it to how the Blues sleepwalked through their games in the bubble, it’s not hard to figure out how they’re gone. MacK is a freak of nature, but you don’t need to have his skill level to play with his compete level. I don’t know if it’s conditioning, team philosophy or just dedication to the game, but I would sure like to see something closer to that level of effort when the boys lace them up again. Hall may not be a Berube kind of player, but if Tarasenko is going to be missing the entire regular season I would love to see that guy and his motor scooting around the ice in the Note.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm I know they lost last night, but if you look at the pace at which the Avs play and compare it to how the Blues sleepwalked through their games in the bubble, it’s not hard to figure out how they’re gone. MacK is a freak of nature, but you don’t need to have his skill level to play with his compete level. I don’t know if it’s conditioning, team philosophy or just dedication to the game, but I would sure like to see something closer to that level of effort when the boys lace them up again. Hall may not be a Berube kind of player, but if Tarasenko is going to be missing the entire regular season I would love to see that guy and his motor scooting around the ice in the Note.
I don’t know. It all comes down to goaltending. Go look at the first period of game 7 against Boston and after the 2 or 3 minute mark, it was all Boston as the Blues fumbled around quite a bit that period. But Binner stoned them and the Blues eventually took over. The Avs were the prettier, faster team on ice last post season too but that didn’t stop the Blues with Binner coming up big in EVERY game he had to during that Cup run.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:28 pm I know they lost last night, but if you look at the pace at which the Avs play and compare it to how the Blues sleepwalked through their games in the bubble, it’s not hard to figure out how they’re gone. MacK is a freak of nature, but you don’t need to have his skill level to play with his compete level. I don’t know if it’s conditioning, team philosophy or just dedication to the game, but I would sure like to see something closer to that level of effort when the boys lace them up again. Hall may not be a Berube kind of player, but if Tarasenko is going to be missing the entire regular season I would love to see that guy and his motor scooting around the ice in the Note.
I think Hall would be a perfect fit here. If Tarasenko being out means we get Hall, then I say that’s an upgrade. I might be in the minority here but that’s my take.

Looks like the Bruins have regained their form. I still can’t believe how they messed up their draft a few years ago. They could have Barzal and Kyle Connor on this team right now. They could have been a dynasty in the making.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:43 pm
I don’t know. It all comes down to goaltending. Go look at the first period of game 7 against Boston and after the 2 or 3 minute mark, it was all Boston as the Blues fumbled around quite a bit that period. But Binner stoned them and the Blues eventually took over. The Avs were the prettier, faster team on ice last post season too but that didn’t stop the Blues with Binner coming up big in EVERY game he had to during that Cup run.
Obviously getting faster and keeping up with the rest of the league would be nice, but playing aggressively and with pace would make you a better team regardless of your style of play. Imagine our relentless forechecking from the 2019 playoffs but executed by playing with a motor like MacK. They would have been unstoppable.

MissouriMook wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:08 pmObviously getting faster and keeping up with the rest of the league would be nice, but playing aggressively and with pace would make you a better team regardless of your style of play. Imagine our relentless forechecking from the 2019 playoffs but executed by playing with a motor like MacK. They would have been unstoppable.
So a 2020 playoffs Dallas Stars with Nate Mack on their roster? Has the trade deadline been extended? :idea:

vegas really put an exclamation mark on this version of the blues being shitty, trouncing and shutting out vancouver 5-0. we made vancouver look unbeatable.

T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:53 am vegas really put an exclamation mark on this version of the blues being shitty, trouncing and shutting out vancouver 5-0. we made vancouver look unbeatable.
The Blues softened them up.

T.C. wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:53 am vegas really put an exclamation mark on this version of the blues being shitty, trouncing and shutting out vancouver 5-0. we made vancouver look unbeatable.
Yeah, there really is no reason to be pissed about losing to Vancouver. Blues weren't going to beat Vegas this year anyway. Just no doubt about it, they were not going to be Vegas this year. And last year would of been tough too, thanks to that ref in the Shark series taking Vegas out for us.

The Islanders look like a well oiled machine. Gonna be a tough series for the Flyers I think unless Hart can steal a few games.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:35 pm The Islanders look like a well oiled machine. Gonna be a tough series for the Flyers I think unless Hart can steal a few games.
Flyer fans had to be concerned about the Flyers lack of scoring in the first round, and the last thing you want to see if you're having trouble scoring is Barry Trotz behind the other team's net. If they can't keep the Islanders off the scoreboard early in game 3 this thing is over.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

barnburner wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:54 pm
Matangama wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 12:41 pm As predicted on here, the Caps fire their shitty coach. Maybe Mike Keenan is available!
Karma. They had a great coach in Trotz, and didnt know it.
If the Islanders win the Cup, they ought to just put Trotz in the HOF now.

BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:32 am Maroon paying dividends for Tampa in playoffs. Big factor in OT goal tonight for Lightning, who are 4-0 in OT during playoffs.
Yep. Hard to argue with Army's decisions, but I didnt like the decision to not resign Maroon.

barnburner wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:08 am
BillP. wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:32 am Maroon paying dividends for Tampa in playoffs. Big factor in OT goal tonight for Lightning, who are 4-0 in OT during playoffs.
Yep. Hard to argue with Army's decisions, but I didnt like the decision to not resign Maroon.
I said it when they signed him....Maroon is exactly what Tampa needed, especially after last year’s disaster in the playoffs. Hey, if he wins a Cup in Tampa, maybe he is back here next season to finish his career. If Steen had decided to retire, brining Maroon back would be more likely, but Steen says he’s coming back.