Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#3
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 9:12 am
Finally a savior for the white straight man has stepped to the forefront to gain legendary status! WE ARE LIBERATED!! Going to work Monday and immediately trying to have a threesome with my coworkers! I dare work to try and show me the consequences of my actions, I'LL SUE EM! WOOOO I FEEL SO ALIVE!
:lol: Damn straight!!!!! He is a savior!!!
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#7
Finally, that’s what I want to hear. Why is society bending backwards for non traditional values. Don’t straight people get offended too?

I’m not saying what Roenick did was cool to say for public consumption cause he was wrong. But I’m sick of society force feeding us with garbage. It’s nice to see a straight suit being filed - ha

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#10
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:52 am
Yes finally the straight white men have the hero they so badly need. So brave...
The so called oppressed white dudes should really get out more and maybe actually see what it's truly like for people unlike you.
Nah, they'll just keep bitching about not being able to say the N-word or call people f*ggots any more.
Yawn. Stay angry though it suits you.
Uh oh...Ratt is big mad!
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#11
If it’s ok for gay people to say what they want , shouldn’t it be ok for all people? The point is, NBC should hold the same standards for all their employees. Roenick didn’t even say his comments on NBC.
I’m proud of JR for taking a stand to make a legit point.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#12
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:52 am
Yes finally the straight white men have the hero they so badly need. So brave...
The so called oppressed white dudes should really get out more and maybe actually see what it's truly like for people unlike you.
Nah, they'll just keep bitching about not being able to say the N-word or call people f*ggots any more.
Yawn. Stay angry though it suits you.
Ah yes, because that’s what being a straight white guy is all about......using the “N” word and calling people f*ggots. Nice generalization there rat!

ps - does anyone actually use the word “faggot” anymore?

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#13
NHLTIM wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:36 am
So brave. Obviously fighting for the employment rights of heterosexuals against NBC Sports who's on air hockey broadcaster team is probably 98% heterosexual.
Equality is for everybody !
Yes, and thats why a LGBTQ person would be fired if they said they wanted to fuck a coworker on an super popular podcast too. I'm checking out of this one now since the entire thread is an odd troll job from Tim.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#14
NHLTIM wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:02 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:52 am
Yes finally the straight white men have the hero they so badly need. So brave...
The so called oppressed white dudes should really get out more and maybe actually see what it's truly like for people unlike you.
Nah, they'll just keep bitching about not being able to say the N-word or call people f*ggots any more.
Yawn. Stay angry though it suits you.
Uh oh...Ratt is big mad!
Nah, just hilarious that the dude goes on a public forum and talks about fantasizing about his co worker and his wife. Leave the co worker out of it, dude's a moron he fucked up and won't own it.

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#15
Matangama wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:12 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:52 am
Yes finally the straight white men have the hero they so badly need. So brave...
The so called oppressed white dudes should really get out more and maybe actually see what it's truly like for people unlike you.
Nah, they'll just keep bitching about not being able to say the N-word or call people f*ggots any more.
Yawn. Stay angry though it suits you.
Ah yes, because that’s what being a straight white guy is all about......using the “N” word and calling people f*ggots. Nice generalization there rat!

ps - does anyone actually use the word “faggot” anymore?
As a straight white dude who winds up around a lot of other straight white dudes, yeah they do that a lot. Granted it's the bar scene but yeah I overhear that shit all the time.

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#16
Matangama wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:12 pm
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:52 am
Yes finally the straight white men have the hero they so badly need. So brave...
The so called oppressed white dudes should really get out more and maybe actually see what it's truly like for people unlike you.
Nah, they'll just keep bitching about not being able to say the N-word or call people f*ggots any more.
Yawn. Stay angry though it suits you.
Ah yes, because that’s what being a straight white guy is all about......using the “N” word and calling people f*ggots. Nice generalization there rat!

ps - does anyone actually use the word “faggot” anymore?
Just Dave Chapelle!
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#17
Dave's a mess wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 12:46 pm
NHLTIM wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 10:36 am
So brave. Obviously fighting for the employment rights of heterosexuals against NBC Sports who's on air hockey broadcaster team is probably 98% heterosexual.
Equality is for everybody !
Yes, and thats why a LGBTQ person would be fired if they said they wanted to fuck a coworker on an super popular podcast too. I'm checking out of this one now since the entire thread is an odd troll job from Tim.
It’s a newsworthy story Dave. I just happen to be in agreement with JR standing up for himself. Also If you what you say is true then why didn’t NBC fire Johnny Weir?
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#18
For the record, I am totally against the rabid PC crowd but this is not the battle to fight.

Talk about the idiots who claim sexual harassment against college professors for saying effort is 10 percent of the grade in their syllabus. Or the morons claiming harassment because curriculum might contain anatomical names of body parts. People needing safe spaces to avoid hearing opposing view points. That bull shit needs to go. Roenick getting in trouble for talking about a co worker sexually in public? Nope, no sympathy there, he's an idiot.

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#19
ratonmono wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:05 pm
For the record, I am totally against the rabid PC crowd but this is not the battle to fight.

Talk about the idiots who claim sexual harassment against college professors for saying effort is 10 percent of the grade in their syllabus. Or the morons claiming harassment because curriculum might contain anatomical names of body parts. People needing safe spaces to avoid hearing opposing view points. That bull shit needs to go. Roenick getting in trouble for talking about a co worker sexually in public? Nope, no sympathy there, he's an idiot.
And that’s all fine but his point is that there shouldn’t be double standards shown by NBC and he’s 100% correct on that.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#23
barnburner wrote:
Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:19 am
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:17 pm
Fuck him.... throw him in the harbor too.
Better yet, have Chief knock him on his ass again. This time, on live TV!
I still remember watching the Blues/Hawks game in Chicago, where Glen Featherstone got his stick up and took out a whole batch of Roenick’s teeth. I didn’t like Roenick at the time, but damn, still felt sorry for him!

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#24
i was very confused by this thread initially. "roenick sues NBC", i thought - great! he was fired for a bullshit reason. but then "for anti-straight discrimination" - this sounds like entirely the wrong reason. he would never win that, especially considering he made jokes about tappen and sharp in the same segment for which he was fired. but then i read the article, which it sounds like some of you haven't:
Roenick’s lawsuit states that figure skating commentator Johnny Weir made “colorful commentary” about skaters’ body parts for NBC Sports during the 2018 Winter Olympics, and when Roenick asked his supervisor about that, the supervisor responded that Weir “is gay and can say whatever.” Roenick’s suit also points to a promotional video featuring Weir and on-air partner Tara Lipinski that included vulgar language; Weir and Lipinski were not suspended or fired.

Roenick also claims that he was fired because the network was retaliating against him for his support of President Donald Trump. When he asked for permission to speak at the 2016 Republican National Convention, he alleges he was told: “You know who you work for. You work for NBC. That would not look good on your NBC record.”
he's absolutely right in that first paragraph, and if the second paragraph is true, that's incredibly sad and he absolutely has cause to do this. good for him. i hope he wins and the award fucking hurts NBC.

Re: Roenick suing NBC for Anti straight discrimination.

#25
T.C. wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:31 am
i was very confused by this thread initially. "roenick sues NBC", i thought - great! he was fired for a bullshit reason. but then "for anti-straight discrimination" - this sounds like entirely the wrong reason. he would never win that, especially considering he made jokes about tappen and sharp in the same segment for which he was fired. but then i read the article, which it sounds like some of you haven't:
Roenick’s lawsuit states that figure skating commentator Johnny Weir made “colorful commentary” about skaters’ body parts for NBC Sports during the 2018 Winter Olympics, and when Roenick asked his supervisor about that, the supervisor responded that Weir “is gay and can say whatever.” Roenick’s suit also points to a promotional video featuring Weir and on-air partner Tara Lipinski that included vulgar language; Weir and Lipinski were not suspended or fired.

Roenick also claims that he was fired because the network was retaliating against him for his support of President Donald Trump. When he asked for permission to speak at the 2016 Republican National Convention, he alleges he was told: “You know who you work for. You work for NBC. That would not look good on your NBC record.”
he's absolutely right in that first paragraph, and if the second paragraph is true, that's incredibly sad and he absolutely has cause to do this. good for him. i hope he wins and the award fucking hurts NBC.
Exactly...he’s got a helluva case. I love it because he’s taking a stand at all this bullshit that’s going on.
St. Louis Blues 2019 Stanley Cup Champs!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"