Re: Blues schedule

ah yes, afternoon hockey games don't take as long as evening hockey games. i had forgotten that. :roll: :roll: :roll:

again i think this is a ridiculous idea for multiple reasons. but if it does actually happen, i'll be watching.

Does anyone have concern that teams that don't get the first round "bye" will be better prepared going forward than teams playing exhibition style round robin games? Similar to how a team that coast to the playoffs can't just flip the switch like a team that had to grind the whole way? ala Tampa last year.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:32 am Does anyone have concern that teams that don't get the first round "bye" will be better prepared going forward than teams playing exhibition style round robin games? Similar to how a team that coast to the playoffs can't just flip the switch like a team that had to grind the whole way? ala Tampa last year.
Yes, and so did the GMs of those teams. I believe that's why they made those round robin games determine the seeding rather than just sticking with the standings at the time of the pause. It's not the same as an elimination series, but at least there are some stakes. I think we're going to see a lot of upsets both in the play-in round and in the first "real" round. It will be very fun unless it happens to the Blues.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!