Re: Random Blues history / memories thread

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:53 am Peoria Rivermen feature DB42 in their "This Day in Rivermen History" tribute ...

I do remember!! I got to watch his rookie game as a Riv. He was a big deal down there. That was a time that a lot of future
Blues passed through Peoria. I grew up there, but lived in St Louis, so I still got to see a lot of Rivs games. I was a season ticket holder (Cost me about $180!) and went home a lot of weekends to catch the 3 game weekend homestands. Good times!!

Rivermanfan wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:56 am
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:53 am Peoria Rivermen feature DB42 in their "This Day in Rivermen History" tribute ...

I do remember!! I got to watch his rookie game as a Riv. He was a big deal down there. That was a time that a lot of future
Blues passed through Peoria. I grew up there, but lived in St Louis, so I still got to see a lot of Rivs games. I was a season ticket holder (Cost me about $180!) and went home a lot of weekends to catch the 3 game weekend homestands. Good times!!
Ok, fine, you can keep your username! :)
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Rivermanfan wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:56 amI do remember!! I got to watch his rookie game as a Riv. He was a big deal down there. That was a time that a lot of future Blues passed through Peoria. I grew up there, but lived in St Louis, so I still got to see a lot of Rivs games. I was a season ticket holder (Cost me about $180!) and went home a lot of weekends to catch the 3 game weekend homestands. Good times!!
Not this season. :cry:

T.C. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:39 am Happy 2nd anniversary everyone!
B0871F4A-2CF7-4B2C-9342-BA5FB66F0A3D.jpeg

Not Blues-related, but while we’re at it, let’s all wish Brad Hamilton our best on the 39th anniversary of his promotion. Alright Hamilton!
D6420BF0-FEF1-4ACD-870F-23BFD76C5F1A.jpeg
Woooo! Double the celebration!!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 am
T.C. wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:39 am Happy 2nd anniversary everyone!
B0871F4A-2CF7-4B2C-9342-BA5FB66F0A3D.jpeg

Not Blues-related, but while we’re at it, let’s all wish Brad Hamilton our best on the 39th anniversary of his promotion. Alright Hamilton!
D6420BF0-FEF1-4ACD-870F-23BFD76C5F1A.jpeg
Woooo! Double the celebration!!
"Mister, if you don't shut up, I'm gonna kick 100% of your ass."

Something I found in a MS-Word document while cleaning up the files on my PC:

"In light of the condition of the economy, this is simply the right decision for our fans," Laurie said. "We will still go into next season with one of the top payrolls in the league, similar to last season.
We want to win the Stanley Cup, and regularly having a full house of our fans in Savvis Center is very important toward attaining that goal."
Bill Laurie, 27.05.02

Well, basically he was right with his prediction, but it took a little bit longer as he probably expected, including two owner-changes during that time... ;)

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:52 pm
big d note wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:27 amI just learned that Garry Unger played a season in Dundee, Scotland near the end of his career, and he scored 8 goals one game. Dundee was down 6-0 and then Unger started scoring, and they finished 9-9. Fun video to watch:

WTF? Garry Unger wasn't a true blonde?! :shock:
That year he recorded 134 points in 35 Games. The next year, he put up 238 in 30 games. I think his hair was just singed.