Re: Blues sign Scandella 4 years

FWIW my speculation on Dunn wasn't because I don't like him as a player or anything. It seems like the organization is high on Perunovich and him signing after all that speculation makes me think he probably has a spot to lose on the roster next year. Just trying to see where everyone fits in the puzzle.

My only thing with Dunn is that he only seems to work on a pairing when he is the aggressive player, taking chances, etc. Because of that him and Bortuzzo work really well together, but obviously if he's with Bortz its on the third pairing. Dunn-Petro doesn't work because both guys are at they're best when they're playing aggressively and thats led to odd man rushes and turnovers when they're together. Same think with Faulk, although that could just be because Faulk hasn't played as well as he's capable of this year. If they lose Petro maybe the split up Scandella-Parayko to even up the pairs a bit?

Dunn-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Gunnarsson/Bortuzzo-Perunovich

I actually think that could work--Parayko plays with everyone and I think Scandella would work well with Faulk. Obviously if Petro is in the picture things look better, but I don't think a D like that would be the end of the world. Maybe not a top-tier cup contending D, but still pretty good after losing a guy like Petro.

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:40 am FWIW my speculation on Dunn wasn't because I don't like him as a player or anything. It seems like the organization is high on Perunovich and him signing after all that speculation makes me think he probably has a spot to lose on the roster next year. Just trying to see where everyone fits in the puzzle.

My only thing with Dunn is that he only seems to work on a pairing when he is the aggressive player, taking chances, etc. Because of that him and Bortuzzo work really well together, but obviously if he's with Bortz its on the third pairing. Dunn-Petro doesn't work because both guys are at they're best when they're playing aggressively and thats led to odd man rushes and turnovers when they're together. Same think with Faulk, although that could just be because Faulk hasn't played as well as he's capable of this year. If they lose Petro maybe the split up Scandella-Parayko to even up the pairs a bit?

Dunn-Parayko
Scandella-Faulk
Gunnarsson/Bortuzzo-Perunovich

I actually think that could work--Parayko plays with everyone and I think Scandella would work well with Faulk. Obviously if Petro is in the picture things look better, but I don't think a D like that would be the end of the world. Maybe not a top-tier cup contending D, but still pretty good after losing a guy like Petro.
I’d take that defense. Mikkola though is gonna play into this somehow as well.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:19 pm We have a lot of good D, and Dunn is one of them. They won't all be around forever, but Army isn't going to like the idea of losing Dunn.
I don't want The Blues to lose Dunn. After Pietrangelo and Parayko, he's the best they have. I'd much rather see Faulk go, if a big salary needs to be moved. Dunn seems to be a better 2-way player than Faulk.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:28 pm I had completely forgotten Scandella was on the team until he was mentioned in an article I was just reading. Then I came here and saw this thread which reminded me he had signed for 4 more years...which I'd also completely forgotten.

Damn virus.
I think Armstrong was quoted recently saying the same thing :lol:

BillP. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:28 pm I had completely forgotten Scandella was on the team until he was mentioned in an article I was just reading. Then I came here and saw this thread which reminded me he had signed for 4 more years...which I'd also completely forgotten.

Damn virus.
Time for me to come clean. I am Doug Armstrong. That's why all my predictions are so accurate.

Hey, why are all of you laughing! :D
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 8:43 am
BillP. wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:57 am

Damn virus.
Time for me to come clean. I am Doug Armstrong. That's why all my predictions are so accurate.

Hey, why are all of you laughing! :D
:lol: I wonder if hallucinations is one of the symptoms of the virus - ha

Was listening to Leafs Lunch this morning and they were talking about the epic meltdown where the Leafs blew that big lead in Boston in Gm 7 back in 2013. Coliacovo --- can never spell his name without looking it up..............he said if you watch the last 3 minutes of that game, Carlyle plays the heck out of Phaneuf and Gunnarson and keeps going to them ---- ha......... he said you wonder if he had switched it up if it would of ended differently.