Yet another reason to hate the B's

We are all experiencing some really challenging times right now as we deal with the coronavirus pandemic that has everyone worried about their health, their employment status, their financial well being, and a whole lot of other things.

Which makes what Boston Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs announced on Wednesday all the more infuriating. The Bruins and their fans should be ashamed of their owner. As a Boston guy who is a fan of the B’s, I’m certainly disgusted by his actions.

Jacobs and the Bruins announced on Wednesday that 68 full-time employees will be placed on temporary leave on April 1, and get one week of paid leave. One week! Another 82 full-time employees will receive an indefinite salary reduction, which has to be stressful for those who will now be getting paid less during these brutal days.

You know how much Jacobs is worth?

$3.3 billion dollars.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2020/03/boston ... arrassment

Re: Yet another reason to hate the B's

Jeremy Jacobs didn’t get to be a billionaire by giving money away. For me personally I hear what you are saying but Just because he’s got $4bil doesn’t mean he owes anybody anything. If Bruins fans really want to make a statement they should do so with their own wallets and not spend money on Bruins tickets or merchandise.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 pm Jeremy Jacobs didn’t get to be a billionaire by giving money away. For me personally I hear what you are saying but Just because he’s got $4bil doesn’t mean he owes anybody anything. If Bruins fans really want to make a statement they should do so with their own wallets and not spend money on Bruins tickets or merchandise.
It has nothing to do with that he "owes" it to people. It's just called being a decent human. His life would be literally impacted ZERO by paying them their months salary, yet he'd rather horde his money, put people on unemployment, and take away their health insurance. But being a decent human is lost on billionaires because they live on a completely different planet and are for the most part, complete scumbags and parasites of the earth.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Jacobs has been one of the main drivers of each of the 3 lockouts. While I think there were definitely some major issues that needed to be sorted out (especially in 05), from what I understand he was basically always the last one to sign off. I've always found it funny how he both acts and looks exactly like Mr. Burns.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:45 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:17 pm Jeremy Jacobs didn’t get to be a billionaire by giving money away. For me personally I hear what you are saying but Just because he’s got $4bil doesn’t mean he owes anybody anything. If Bruins fans really want to make a statement they should do so with their own wallets and not spend money on Bruins tickets or merchandise.
It has nothing to do with that he "owes" it to people. It's just called being a decent human. His life would be literally impacted ZERO by paying them their months salary, yet he'd rather horde his money, put people on unemployment, and take away their health insurance. But being a decent human is lost on billionaires because they live on a completely different planet and are for the most part, complete scumbags and parasites of the earth.
That's just not true of everyone.

The guy's name is Jeremy for God's sake. Everybody knows all Jeremys are scumbags.

It’s always easy to tell other people how they should spend their money . The fact is...it’s his money not anybody else’s. Will he have a change of heart...maybe but knowIng what we know about Jacobs not likely.
Being a decent human being isn’t just lost on billionaires. Plenty of people have way less money than Jacobs and are just as bad as him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

You are right he doesn't owe them anything. His employees are what allows him to have billions of dollars, but they are his, and there is no reason he should go without a fraction of that fortune to make sure those people are able to keep making him wealthy.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:58 pm
You are right he doesn't owe them anything. His employees are what allows him to have billions of dollars, but they are his, and there is no reason he should go without a fraction of that fortune to make sure those people are able to keep making him wealthy.
Well you know what they say...if you aren’t working towards making your dreams come true, you are working to make someone else’s dream come true.
I, like most Americans fall into the latter category but I understand it’s wealthy people that create jobs for the rest of us. The only thing my employer owes me is the salary that we agreed upon. For some reason that gets lost on a lot of people.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:16 pm
Well you know what they say...if you aren’t working towards making your dreams come true, you are working to make someone else’s dream come true.
I, like most Americans fall into the latter category but I understand it’s wealthy people that create jobs for the rest of us. The only thing my employer owes me is the salary that we agreed upon. For some reason that gets lost on a lot of people.
You are right he doesn't owe them anything. One would think that part of his self interest would be that his employees not go underwater in times like these....especially considering he has 3 billion dollars. I seriously doubt it would cost him $100million to pay everyone for a few months, but that would only leave him with $3.2 billion. I agree that an employer doesn't owe anyone anything beyond their agreed compensation. In times of great tribulation however, it is kind of Grinchy to do what he is doing. It sure is a good thing the players have a union or they would be in the same situation.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 pm

You are right he doesn't owe them anything. One would think that part of his self interest would be that his employees not go underwater in times like these....especially considering he has 3 billion dollars. I seriously doubt it would cost him $100million to pay everyone for a few months, but that would only leave him with $3.2 billion. I agree that an employer doesn't owe anyone anything beyond their agreed compensation. In times of great tribulation however, it is kind of Grinchy to do what he is doing. It sure is a good thing the players have a union or they would be in the same situation.
I agree that he should do something to help them but it is what it is. If i had a billion dollars , I probably wouldn’t have it very long.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:41 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:37 pm

I agree that he should do something to help them but it is what it is. If i had a billion dollars , I probably wouldn’t have it very long.
Me either...nobody needs that much money. I don't buy the whole job creation lie anymore...because right now billionaires have their hands out to keep their businesses afloat. There are plenty of job creators out there with nothing. I have a friend right now killing himself to keep his pizza place open, they are selling hamburgers on the sidewalk, and he is poor as fuck....but he has kept his employees working.

And that's exactly what they should do. Sounds like the nhl version of Kroenke.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm Me either...nobody needs that much money. I don't buy the whole job creation lie anymore...because right now billionaires have their hands out to keep their businesses afloat. There are plenty of job creators out there with nothing. I have a friend right now killing himself to keep his pizza place open, they are selling hamburgers on the sidewalk, and he is poor as fuck....but he has kept his employees working.
Hey, if your buddy is in St. Louis, tell us the name of his place. I’ll happily go give the guy some business and I’m guessing others will do the same.

[quote=Matangama post_id=122300 time=1585350434 user_id=278]
[quote=CaptSMRT post_id=122293 time=1585342776 user_id=54]
Me either...nobody needs that much money. I don't buy the whole job creation lie anymore...because right now billionaires have their hands out to keep their businesses afloat. There are plenty of job creators out there with nothing. I have a friend right now killing himself to keep his pizza place open, they are selling hamburgers on the sidewalk, and he is poor as fuck....but he has kept his employees working.
[/quote]

Hey, if your buddy is in St. Louis, tell us the name of his place. I’ll happily go give the guy some business and I’m guessing others will do the same.
[/quote]
This!!!

Matangama wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:59 pm Me either...nobody needs that much money. I don't buy the whole job creation lie anymore...because right now billionaires have their hands out to keep their businesses afloat. There are plenty of job creators out there with nothing. I have a friend right now killing himself to keep his pizza place open, they are selling hamburgers on the sidewalk, and he is poor as fuck....but he has kept his employees working.
Cafe Piazza....1901 Arsenal...you are a great human if you go and get a pizza, which are good, its more of a Neapolitan pizza...mozzarella...fresh dough.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:59 pm
Cafe Piazza....1901 Arsenal...you are a great human if you go and get a pizza, which are good, its more of a Neapolitan pizza...mozzarella...fresh dough.
You might know there'd be a Massage Parlor across the street. SMFH

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:49 pm
It’s always easy to tell other people how they should spend their money . The fact is...it’s his money not anybody else’s. Will he have a change of heart...maybe but knowIng what we know about Jacobs not likely.
Being a decent human being isn’t just lost on billionaires. Plenty of people have way less money than Jacobs and are just as bad as him.
You ain't wrong.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

This is where I watched the Blues win the Cup.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:30 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:13 pm

This is where I watched the Blues win the Cup.
In the Massage Parlor?.... You'd better stop by TDC soon.