Re: Best Blues Jersey

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 12:34 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 am Didn't care for these when they came out, but the Blues were a great, loveable team with these jerseys while they played under Demers.

Northstars - Blues.jpg
I can't stand the "Blues" above the note. Looks like a bad knockoff t-shirt.
It's so retro though. I like them better than the ones with the small white "St Louis" writing in the top of the logo.

BillP. wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:33 am Didn't care for these when they came out, but the Blues were a great, loveable team with these jerseys while they played under Demers.

Northstars - Blues.jpg
I never did care for the wordmark on those jerseys but I bought one at the Arena as soon as they had them for sale. $35 and it was all mine. Still have it hanging in my hockey sweater closet.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:30 pm

Northstars - Blues.jpg
I never did care for the wordmark on those jerseys but I bought one at the Arena as soon as they had them for sale. $35 and it was all mine. Still have it hanging in my hockey sweater closet.
Gotta support the team!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:36 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:30 pm I never did care for the wordmark on those jerseys but I bought one at the Arena as soon as they had them for sale. $35 and it was all mine. Still have it hanging in my hockey sweater closet.
Gotta support the team!
It doesn't support the team to have the gear hangin' in the closet. Unless TIM is doing webcasts from his closet. :idea:

Northstars - Blues.jpg
you have an entire hockey "sweater" closet?

T.C. wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:01 am

I do......nothing but hockey jerseys, including a few of mine from various teams I played on.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:30 pmI never did care for the wordmark on those jerseys but I bought one at the Arena as soon as they had them for sale. $35 and it was all mine. Still have it hanging in my hockey sweater closet.
I do......nothing but hockey jerseys, including a few of mine from various teams I played on.
Mine are spread over two closets, two-thirds of a master bedroom walk-in & the whole space in a two-door guest room closet. Mrs. JMC is NOT happy about it.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pm
Mine are spread over two closets, two-thirds of a master bedroom walk-in & the whole space in a two-door guest room closet. Mrs. JMC is NOT happy about it.
Mine are in the unused upstairs 4th bedroom closet. I would never get away with keeping them in the master bedroom closet. I don’t even wear them anymore. If I wear any jerseys these days, it’s soccer jerseys only.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 5:08 am
JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:57 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:29 pmI do......nothing but hockey jerseys, including a few of mine from various teams I played on.
Mine are in the unused upstairs 4th bedroom closet. I would never get away with keeping them in the master bedroom closet. I don’t even wear them anymore. If I wear any jerseys these days, it’s soccer jerseys only.
Our previous house had a purpose-configured double-double closet in the guest bedroom with reinforced hanging bars top & bottom to contain my collection without my wife complaining (too much). Closet configs at the new home are not so accommodating, and I refuse to store them in our unfinished basement unless/until we find an affordable climate-controlled solution. My investment in the jerseys is too great to leave them hanging all the time, so luckily I've conditioned my employer's management to expect to see me wearing one 80-90% of my workdays throughout the year. Though during this current period of home office isolation, I've switched to hockey T-shirts instead - no need to dress up for company.

Steering back toward on-topic, I own just one Blues jersey: A white early 20-teens model CCM replica: Unless I get partial credit for my Springfield Jr. Blues gold jersey that I picked up at a game a few years ago:

I’ve got just a few prized ones
Denis Savard home Blackhawks circa 1983 which was the First customized jersey I ever bought after getting my first job.
Gretzky Oilers home white circa 1985. For me personally there is no better looking customized jersey.
Gilmour Maple Leafs road blue circa 1994 that I bought in Toronto during a Blues road trip..
Wendel Clark Maple Leafs white home circa 1987.
Jay McKee Blues home circa 2006. While I rarely wear it, Chances are good if you see somebody wearing the #74 McKee jersey..it’s probably me.
Hartford Whalers home white circa 1985. It has #23 and my last name on it

I’m pretty sure all my jerseys are CCM jerseys. Not a fan of the new ones although I do have a 1998 Blues home white made by starter. Also for some reason I want to say my McKee jersey is made by Koho.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

When I first started playing in the Hockey North America league back in 94, when they announced the teams, I was assigned to a team called the St. Louis Hawks. Our uni’s were exact replicas of the Blackhawks minus the Indian head of course. There wasn’t a a guy on my team that was disappointed either. The jerseys looked great. I have them hanging in my closet. I’ll try and post a pic of them

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pm When I first started playing in the Hockey North America league back in 94, when they announced the teams, I was assigned to a team called the St. Louis Hawks. Our uni’s were exact replicas of the Blackhawks minus the Indian head of course. There wasn’t a a guy on my team that was disappointed either. The jerseys looked great. I have them hanging in my closet. I’ll try and post a pic of them
I'm curious what was in the Indian head's place.

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:00 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pmWhen I first started playing in the Hockey North America league back in 94, when they announced the teams, I was assigned to a team called the St. Louis Hawks. Our uni’s were exact replicas of the Blackhawks minus the Indian head of course. There wasn’t a a guy on my team that was disappointed either. The jerseys looked great. I have them hanging in my closet. I’ll try and post a pic of them
I hope it was along the lines of my favorite First Nations-themed jersey logo ...

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:56 pm When I first started playing in the Hockey North America league back in 94, when they announced the teams, I was assigned to a team called the St. Louis Hawks. Our uni’s were exact replicas of the Blackhawks minus the Indian head of course. There wasn’t a a guy on my team that was disappointed either. The jerseys looked great. I have them hanging in my closet. I’ll try and post a pic of them
It was just a logo of an actual Hawk

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 4:20 pm
It was just a logo of an actual Hawk
Well that's logical. One subtle thing I've always liked about the Hawks getup is the striping on the pants. Habs have a similar setup, a red stripe over white background, but I think it pops a little more off the black base for the Hawks as opposed to the blue for the Habs. The Habs white uniforms are my favorite in action though.

St. Louis Hawks circa 1994. We won the championship that year! I was 3rd on team in scoring and better yet...I lead the team in penalty mins every year we were together! Also was suspended for two games that first year!

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Attachments

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 am St. Louis Hawks circa 1994. We won the championship that year! I was 3rd on team in scoring and better yet...I lead the team in penalty mins every year we were together! Also was suspended for two games that first year!
Whoa Tim, I want you on my line. A complete player - you got game!!!

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:49 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 am St. Louis Hawks circa 1994. We won the championship that year! I was 3rd on team in scoring and better yet...I lead the team in penalty mins every year we were together! Also was suspended for two games that first year!
Nah...I just got lucky and played on a line with the best player on the team. Got a lot of garbage assists and banged home a few garbage goals. The PIMS, dirty play, and smack talk though...that was all me. I was the original Brad Marchand

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:05 am
Nah...I just got lucky and played on a line with the best player on the team. Got a lot of garbage assists and banged home a few garbage goals. The PIMS, dirty play, and smack talk though...that was all me. I was the original Brad Marchand
:lol: Awesome! Sounds like a pure 80’s/90’s line.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:05 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:39 amSt. Louis Hawks circa 1994. We won the championship that year! I was 3rd on team in scoring and better yet...I lead the team in penalty mins every year we were together! Also was suspended for two games that first year!
TIM actually invented that post-whistle lick move LONG before Marchand started using it ... and even LONGER before it became subject to Federal charges under The Patriot Act's COVID Clause. :?

MattyIce wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 7:13 am I check out a website called Icethetics everyday. They post NHL uniform concepts daily. Today was a Blues concept. This is pretty much exactly what I wish the team would look like. Not sure how I feel about that yellow sweater. The design is cool, but it's too Preds-like. The rest are great. Check it out:

https://www.icethetics.com/concepts/blu ... -the-years

jerseys.png
The two on the left are OK, but the two on the right need to be fired into the sun immediately along with whoever designed them. I don't understand why people insist on trying to change the look of our jerseys by adding "flair" with stripes and excess color. The whole appeal of our jerseys over the years have been their simplicity around the greatest logo in all of professional sports. Leave it alone and use things like our current 3rd, the WC Alumni jerseys, or pretty much anything from 1967-1984. The wordmark "BLUES" and clown jerseys were too overdone and take too much away from the thing that makes our jerseys great - the Bluenote.