Player most effected by work stoppage

Who’s your choice as the No. 1 player most effected by stoppage.

Is it Ovechkin and his quest for Gretzky?

Is it a guy like Auston Matthews who was a shoe in for 50 goals and had a chance to catch Rick Vaives team record of 54.

Or how bout guys like Pasta & Panarin who were having career years.

Was it Draisaitl who had a shot hitting the 130 point mark.

And don’t forget Zibenajad who was on a 23 goal, 21 game streak. Only a work stoppage could slow him down.

Or can you think of someone else?

Since I’m an Ovechkin fan, I’ll go with Ovie as the guy most hurt by work stoppage.

Re: Player most effected by work stoppage

I think it's hard to say until they figure out how the League decides to resume play. Do they make some effort to "finish" this season? If so what does that look like in terms of regular season. I don't think Ovechkin's Gretzky quest is hampered all that much. If they cancel the rest of the regular season he loses about 10 games, no big deal. I can't really think of any potential retirees that are missing out on a final cup run. All the old guys that might retire seem to play for crappy teams. That leaves the career year guys. It'll hurt their counting stats, but maybe not their trophy case. I don't know, this whole thing is weird and shitty, haha.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: Player most effected by work stoppage

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:20 pm I think it's hard to say until they figure out how the League decides to resume play. Do they make some effort to "finish" this season? If so what does that look like in terms of regular season. I don't think Ovechkin's Gretzky quest is hampered all that much. If they cancel the rest of the regular season he loses about 10 games, no big deal. I can't really think of any potential retirees that are missing out on a final cup run. All the old guys that might retire seem to play for crappy teams. That leaves the career year guys. It'll hurt their counting stats, but maybe not their trophy case. I don't know, this whole thing is weird and shitty, haha.
Yeah, maybe Zibanejad got hurt the most. He was on fire. Don’t know what his contract status is but say he stayed hot and hit 50 goals, that’s gotta hurt.