A Perspective from a special Blues Fan

Excellent read below, and helps put everything in perspective. And for anyone who may be reading this, I know we can all get frustrated with hockey, life, politics, and we all have different biases and beliefs. And while we may battle hard, I truly believe that we are all in this together. Doesn't mean there is a right and wrong all the time, and sometimes it is good to hear and listen to others and where they are coming from. I know sometimes I don't always listen and will sometimes be an asshole, so for that, my apologies. As Laila says in the article, we are all in this together, so let's make sure to reach out to those we love and care about, and just be good to each other, regardless of our differences:

"First off, Laila says we should all take a deep breath.

So, let’s all take a deep breath. …

Needed that.

It was refreshing. Nourishing. The fear and fright of the new coronavirus can overwhelm a person. But as 11-year-old Laila Anderson said, with her perspective infused by perpetual perseverance: “This will pass. … We also have to remember it’s not just ourselves — the whole world is going through this. … And we will all get through it together.”

Laila is St. Louis’ little fighter. She battled the rare disease HLH, a systemic inflammatory syndrome that can be fatal to some people. She received a bone marrow transplant in January 2019, and her story inspired the Blues, whose own story inspired the city. With the new coronavirus affecting people with vulnerable immune systems, some wondered if Laila was healthy and safe. She is, her mother and father asserted in phone interviews Wednesday. Laila has been able to get immunization shots and her ANC numbers (absolute neutrophil count) are “in a good spot,” said her mom, Heather.

Laila went back to school last fall with the other kids — sixth grade, Parkway South Middle — and “life was like the next person who’s 11,” Laila said by phone, in reference to a fun school year of classes and sleepovers and trips to the trampoline park (“That’s the thing now,” she explained).

But now, like so many of us, she’s staying at home and taking precautions.

“I can’t tell you how many times people ask: ‘How do you feel being isolated again?’” Laila said. “And it doesn’t really bother me that we’re kind of isolated. We have to stay home and not go places? Oh, I’ve been there, done that.”

Read the rest here: https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... da55e.html
"Do Only Good Everyday"