NHLPA Schedule Proposal

I think we need a fresh thread. Bill P mentioned an NHLPA backed potential schedule for resuming play eventually. Here's a link: https://www.tsn.ca/nhl-players-spitball ... -1.1458274

Basic points:
-Teams have a training camp in July
-Finish rest of regular season by Early August
-Playoffs with normal format end in late September
-October is offseason with draft, free agency etc.
-2020-21 Season starts in November with full 82 game schedule, but condensed with less off nights (bye bye All-Star Game and bye weeks)

All of the plans I've seen out there have problems, but that's unavoidable. I have no idea about the timeframe, but this plan seems logical. Apparently the NHL is more than willing to listen to and consider any idea. I like this plan a lot more than some of the weird playoff schedules I've seen bounced around.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: NHLPA Schedule Proposal

If they aren’t playing by mid May...I’d rather them just cancel the season. I still think that’s what happens eventually. Once the NBA decides to cancel their season, the NHL will follow suit.
MLB and MLS have the best chance at playing shortened seasons.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 am The hockey fan in me likes it because it's basically year round hockey, but logically speaking, I hate it. You want teams to go through the playoffs and then have a month before the next season starts? Just cancel it all.
Not being catty, but does the fact that they're getting a 3 month "break" right now factor into it? It's certainly not year round hockey. I think injuries would certainly increase under that condensed schedule, but since it came from the players themselves, I think the league would be on board with it in theory. I think the big benefit of this from a league perspective is that in theory there'd be no empty stadium games.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

I'm okay with the proposal, except I'd like them to start sooner and finish up sooner. To amend their proposal, I'd like them to make it a 76 game schedule next year and give the guys 2 extra weeks off and start new season in Mid November, then that would be even better IMO. I want hockey. Give me hockey. We need hockey!!!!!!!

ratonmono wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:45 pm This sounds fucked up. Just cancel it if they can't bet back to it by May.
With the first NHL player being diagnosed with Coronavirus today...that will probably be all she wrote for the season
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"