Re: San Jose Sharks are homeless

Good, at least some government doesn't seem to have their heads up their asses about our growing pandemic. The inaction in action is surreal at the moment. If it got bad enough to cancel the rest of the season, so be it, lives over hockey (yeah I know, we'd all go absolutely apeshit if the season got cancelled, but worse things have happened, we made it through shitcago's glorious 10 year run).

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:19 am Good, at least some government doesn't seem to have their heads up their asses about our growing pandemic. The inaction in action is surreal at the moment. If it got bad enough to cancel the rest of the season, so be it, lives over hockey (yeah I know, we'd all go absolutely apeshit if the season got cancelled, but worse things have happened, we made it through shitcago's glorious 10 year run).
:roll:

This story has taken on a life of its own in just 24 hours. All the Sharks & SAP Center have said re. scheduling as of late last night was this ...
SAP Center at San Jose is aware of the County of Santa Clara's Public Health Department order to prohibit public and private mass gatherings through the end of March. We will adhere to the mandated guidelines. No events are scheduled at SAP Center until Tues., March 17. ...
Meanwhile, social media has them canceling home game dates & looking for alternate venues. Let's not get all HF Boards here, guys.

netboy65 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am
Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:19 am Good, at least some government doesn't seem to have their heads up their asses about our growing pandemic. The inaction in action is surreal at the moment. If it got bad enough to cancel the rest of the season, so be it, lives over hockey (yeah I know, we'd all go absolutely apeshit if the season got cancelled, but worse things have happened, we made it through shitcago's glorious 10 year run).
Congrats on your first post!!! :bananaride:

Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:32 pm
netboy65 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:26 am
Congrats on your first post!!! :bananaride:
It's not, but thanks! I just didn't want you to take the time to read a lengthy post......you're too busy panicking

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pm This story has taken on a life of its own in just 24 hours. All the Sharks & SAP Center have said re. scheduling as of late last night was this ...
SAP Center at San Jose is aware of the County of Santa Clara's Public Health Department order to prohibit public and private mass gatherings through the end of March. We will adhere to the mandated guidelines. No events are scheduled at SAP Center until Tues., March 17. ...
Meanwhile, social media has them canceling home game dates & looking for alternate venues. Let's not get all HF Boards here, guys.
I don’t think they have a choice. They have to do something as there’s a literal ban on gatherings. But I’m not sure the punishment for disobeying it.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:38 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pmThis story has taken on a life of its own in just 24 hours. All the Sharks & SAP Center have said re. scheduling as of late last night was this ...
I don’t think they have a choice. They have to do something as there’s a literal ban on gatherings. But I’m not sure the punishment for disobeying it.
Indeed, the Santa Clara County order is mandatory. But social media influencers jumping to conclusions regarding future actions does nothing but feed the spread of ignorance & poor judgment in public reactions. I am simply urging fans with a stake in the decision to "follow" what the affected organization is reporting with cautious transparency from the team's position of actual knowledge of the dynamic situation, rather than joining the bandwagon crowd who are looking for instant validation of their worst fears.

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:24 am
JMC-STL wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:26 pmThis story has taken on a life of its own in just 24 hours. All the Sharks & SAP Center have said re. scheduling as of late last night was this ...

Indeed, the Santa Clara County order is mandatory. But social media influencers jumping to conclusions regarding future actions does nothing but feed the spread of ignorance & poor judgment in public reactions. I am simply urging fans with a stake in the decision to "follow" what the affected organization is reporting with cautious transparency from the team's position of actual knowledge of the dynamic situation, rather than joining the bandwagon crowd who are looking for instant validation of their worst fears.
I see what you’re saying and ageee. I think John Shannon did a good job of laying out the 4, and probably only 4 options for the NHL and SJ.

This could be a nightmare come playoff time if other cities put in place a similar mandate.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:41 am
I see what you’re saying and ageee. I think John Shannon did a good job of laying out the 4, and probably only 4 options for the NHL and SJ.

This could be a nightmare come playoff time if other cities put in place a similar mandate.
They will cancel the playoffs and we will remain champions for one more year.

Edit; Happened once in 1919.

Agreed.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:41 am

Maybe they can play at The Oakland Colosseum? Does it still exist with an ice surface capability?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:59 pm Seattle just issued their ban on gatherings of 250+...the list will keep growing.
If this was November ...no way Is Seattle govt or Ohio govt telling an NFL team they can’t play in front of fans. The NFL would give them the finger and file a lawsuit and win.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 1:59 pm Seattle just issued their ban on gatherings of 250+...the list will keep growing.
If this was November ...no way Is Seattle govt or Ohio govt telling an NFL team they can’t play in front of fans. The NFL would give them the finger and file a lawsuit and win.
Possibly. But they draw big crowds for their MLS team and that season just kicked off.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:36 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 2:29 pm
Possibly. But they draw big crowds for their MLS team and that season just kicked off.
Yeah but MLS has no power...they would do as told. Nobody is telling the NFL what to do.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"