Some Perunovich news

Some news on the Blues future Captain

Andy Strickland
@andystrickland
Re: prospect Scott Perunovich signing after his season.There doesn’t seem to be serious concern here, there’s loyalty to team that drafted him after being passed over. #stlblues have had someone at nearly every game he’s played this yr. Formed a super-tight bond w/player & family
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Some Perunovich news

Good article in the Athletic yesterday. He was very complimentary of the Blues, Army, and the scouts (including Walt). I’m excited to see him.

We could have a pretty dynamic left side of our D with Perunovich and Dunn. Then re-sign Scandella to play with Parayko.

I agree, usmc......Colorado and Dallas really didn’t get much done at the deadline, and we grabbed Scandella, who has been excellent. Now we possibly add two more key pieces. Obviously the Avs should be getting several key guys back from injury, so that’s a boost for them. Man, what a friggin’ division!

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:34 am You think Perunovich is going to come straight to the club? No AHL time first?
I don’t know but I’d bet if there is any haggling going on I’d bet that’s what it’s about. He stayed another year in school hoping to avoid the minors.
He’s a dynamic player...late bloomer for sure. Will likely be be the best skater we’ve ever seen with the Blues.
Last edited by NHLTIM on Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

BillP. wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:34 am You think Perunovich is going to come straight to the club? No AHL time first?
Tim follows him more closely, but I think he is 100% capable of stepping right in. Not sure if Chief goes that route, but the impact of Makar and Hughes definitely gives me hope that the Blues give him a shot before the playoffs.

Matangama wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 am
Tim follows him more closely, but I think he is 100% capable of stepping right in. Not sure if Chief goes that route, but the impact of Makar and Hughes definitely gives me hope that the Blues give him a shot before the playoffs.
In whose spot?
Just a Russian propaganda account

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:52 am
I don’t know but I’d bet if there is any haggling going on I’d bet that’s what it’s about. He stayed another year in school hoping to avoid the minors.
He’s a dynamic player...late bloomer for sure. Will likely be be the best skater we’ve ever seen with the Blues.
He also had been dealing with an old back injury, apparently.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:33 am
In whose spot?
Ya never know........

(This post is 99% tongue-in-cheek, fyi)
Last edited by usmcaaron on Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

In whose spot?
Wait a week for Gunny’s latest injury!

But seriously, you need depth to win the Cup. That was one of our biggest strengths last season. You can’t count on Gunnarsson for potentially 28 games in the playoffs. I’d say we are going to need both Mikkola and Perunovich to make it thru the playoffs.

Matangama wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:43 am

In whose spot?
Wait a week for Gunny’s latest injury!

But seriously, you need depth to win the Cup. That was one of our biggest strengths last season. You can’t count on Gunnarsson for potentially 28 games in the playoffs. I’d say we are going to need both Mikkola and Perunovich to make it thru the playoffs.
Very true. I’d think Borts would be next man up if there’s an injury but I’ve never seen this kid play. Maybe he’s better.
Just a Russian propaganda account

One thing to keep in mind, Perunovich while a Left handed shot, primarily has played on the right side for UMD during his career there. Don't know what side the Blues envision him on but he can play both sides well.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:40 pm One thing to keep in mind, Perunovich while a Left handed shot, primarily has played on the right side for UMD during his career there. Don't know what side the Blues envision him on but he can play both sides well.
Nice advantage......as we have seen, even pros have trouble playing on their off-side, at least defensemen do.

Matangama wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:25 pm I’ll beat Tim to the punch......but only because he alerted me to it at the inferior forum! Looks like Perunovich is going to sign with the Blues. Jeremy Rutherford posted something about Perunovich’s Instagram.

The signing period is all hosed up because of the shutdown. If he signs now, the contract doesn't become official until July 1st which would mean he can't join the team should they start playing again. I'm hoping he waits it out to see what the NHL's game plan is. I want to see him get a shot to play a game or two if they play any regular season games....I think he's good enough that he can play right now.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Tim, I do too and would love to have him available in the playoffs if we needed him. But if we get him to sign the contract and don’t have to worry about losing him as a free agent, I’ll take that trade off. I don’t know.....he seems committed to the Blues, so maybe they wait a little longer and see how things shake out.