Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ NY Rangers - 6:00 3/3 - TV:FSMW/ESPN+ Radio:101.1

Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:26 pm What a weird, and crazy fast (time wise) game.

Perron seems to really be struggling out there. Just a long way off the way he was playing a few weeks ago.

Also, get Kyrou back in the lineup.
Someone mentioned he heard The Blues are fighting off The Flu. That might account for Perron looking so sluggish, and also The Blues having been on "cruise control" until The Rangers' goal was scored. THIS Blues' team, even WITHOUT Vladdy, can go on cruise control and win 8 games in a row!!! This team has less skill than The 1999-2000 Blues, and less than The 1990-91 team; but they'd have beaten those older teams handily.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:30 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:26 pm What a weird, and crazy fast (time wise) game.

Perron seems to really be struggling out there. Just a long way off the way he was playing a few weeks ago.

Someone mentioned he heard The Blues are fighting off The Flu. That might account for Perron looking so sluggish, and also The Blues having been on "cruise control" until The Rangers' goal was scored. THIS Blues' team, even WITHOUT Vladdy, can go on cruise control and win 8 games in a row!!! This team has less skill than The 1999-2000 Blues, and less than The 1990-91 team; but they'd have beaten those older teams handily.
I think this team probably has less high end skill, but significantly more depth than the 91 team. I think the 2000 team is a fairly good comp roster wise. They had less depth on D, but when you can throw one of Pronger or MacInnis on the ice for 50-55 minutes a night it doesn't matter quite as much. But to your larger point, I think no Blues team has played with the consistent structure of the current team dating back to January of 2019. That would make this team tough to beat.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Well, I think a big reason this team is dominant is because most of the league doesn't play a lunch bucket style. It's fitting this Blues team is a Championship team with this style, because this has always been the Blues motto. But most of the league doesn't play this style and that's a big reason the Blues are so successful. The Hitch teams in their prime would of run the table at least once on this current league IMO. And by the way, the 2001 Blues that made the Final 4 that year was a damn good team.

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:17 am

Well, I think a big reason this team is dominant is because most of the league doesn't play a lunch bucket style. It's fitting this Blues team is a Championship team with this style, because this has always been the Blues motto. But most of the league doesn't play this style and that's a big reason the Blues are so successful. The Hitch teams in their prime would of run the table at least once on this current league IMO. And by the way, the 2001 Blues that made the Final 4 that year was a damn good team.
I don't think Hitch ever had as good of a roster as Berube has now. I loved the Steen-Backes-Oshie line, but I don't think they ever had a center to play with Tarasenko since it never seemed to click with Stastny. I think both the top 6 and bottom 6 of the current squad is better than anything Hitch had to work with. Hitch would've bent over backwards to have Schenn and O'Reilly.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 am
I don't think Hitch ever had as good of a roster as Berube has now. I loved the Steen-Backes-Oshie line, but I don't think they ever had a center to play with Tarasenko since it never seemed to click with Stastny. I think both the top 6 and bottom 6 of the current squad is better than anything Hitch had to work with. Hitch would've bent over backwards to have Schenn and O'Reilly.
Can't argue with that, but the Hitch teams were a heavy ass team. Heavier than this current squad. I think they would of rolled one or two times on this league.

BillP. wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:50 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 am

Can't argue with that, but the Hitch teams were a heavy ass team. Heavier than this current squad. I think they would of rolled one or two times on this league.
If the team that lost to the Sharks in the third round had enough killer instinct to take out Chicago in fewer games in the first round they probably would have made the finals.

Not saying they would have won but they were good enough.