Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs NY Islanders - 7:00 2/27 - TV:FSMW/RSNE Radio:101.1

Great, gutsy, comeback win. The Blues are peaking at the right time. Even when they start games not ready to play they are clawing their way back in and winning. Let's hope they can play this way all the way until thelast game of the playoffs. But I hope they don't start off any more games as sloppily, and out of it, as they did this game. Good thing it was the low-scoring islanders, who got only 2 goals before The Blues woke up. If it had been Colorado, it might have been 4-0 at the start, and a LOT tougher to come back.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:36 pm
barnburner wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:29 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:24 pm Just saw the post gamer... Chief ain't happy with the zebras lately, either.
And why would he be? The officiating seems to get worse each year.
He chose his words carefully, but you could tell he ain't happy.
Don't blame him. I mean they are going to miss a call once in awhile, but this is pathetic. They not only don't call penalties that actually happened, but they also call shit that they apparently dream up in their heads.
I've reached the point to where I'm ready to go back to the old one referee system.

barnburner wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:43 pm
barnburner wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:29 pm

And why would he be? The officiating seems to get worse each year.
Don't blame him. I mean they are going to miss a call once in awhile, but this is pathetic. They not only don't call penalties that actually happened, but they also call shit that they apparently dream up in their heads.
I've reached the point to where I'm ready to go back to the old one referee system.
I've been there for years....2X the zebras = 2X the incompetence.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:45 pm

Yeah, I've been leaning that way for awhile. You've got one ref standing next to the play who doesn't see anything wrong, then the other official 180 feet away, calls a penalty that nobody else sees. One official calls 3 penalities, the other ref hasn't called any, so he decides he's going to look bad, so he starts inventing penalties. No consistency at all.

barnburner wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:58 pm

Yeah, I've been leaning that way for awhile. You've got one ref standing next to the play who doesn't see anything wrong, then the other official 180 feet away, calls a penalty that nobody else sees. One official calls 3 penalities, the other ref hasn't called any, so he decides he's going to look bad, so he starts inventing penalties. No consistency at all.
They need a head referee system where they can overturn shitty calls.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:49 pmGreat, gutsy, comeback win. The Blues are peaking at the right time. Even when they start games not ready to play they are clawing their way back in and winning. Let's hope they can play this way all the way until thelast game of the playoffs. ...
And therein lies the Blues' Achilles heel in the 2020 playoffs. They need to hope for early round draws against opponents who don't have Paris on the bench & Apollo among their Black Aces. :?

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:59 am

If you have two ugly girls and you invite another ugly girl to the group to be in charge, does that make your ugly girl party any less ugly?
Just a Russian propaganda account

It felt appropriate that on a 90's night, the Islanders played Devil's hockey. It was brutal to watch live, Blues had several chances to shoot and chose not too, passes were not crisp all night long from EVERYBODY, Shenn's delay of game toss was unnecessary, Petro AND Faulk looked like ass to me. Islanders played good defense, but the whole "they only had this many shots" in the last 40 minutes is VERY misleading. They weren't even trying to shoot the puck at the goal. They had 4 guys back in their own zone as soon as the Blues got control of the puck. I think I heard on the radio that they had 20-something blocked shots in the game, very Trotzy.

Still, a win is a win....need to come out stronger on Saturday.

I did enjoy getting my Bud Ice Blues hat. :D

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:52 am

If you have two ugly girls and you invite another ugly girl to the group to be in charge, does that make your ugly girl party any less ugly?
They are all afraid of stepping on each others toes when they are equals. If a head referee has a shitty crew he should be penalized. There is no accountability right now. (probably by design, I know... sigh)

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:23 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:52 am

They are all afraid of stepping on each others toes when they are equals. If a head referee has a shitty crew he should be penalized. There is no accountability right now. (probably by design, I know... sigh)
It doesn’t work. See NFL. See VAR.
Just a Russian propaganda account