Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Blackhawks - 7:00 2/25 - TV:NBCSN Radio:101.1

UMSLBlues12 wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:12 am The other thing about Sanford is that if he does keep this up, that Shattenkirk trade just looks better and better. We used the first we got from that trade to get Schenn, who was a big piece to winning the cup and is an asset who is going to spend a ton of years on the Blues, and the other piece we got in that deal was Sanford. And we still made the playoffs that year and won a playoff series
If Sanford would have the killer instinct, he would be every bit as good as Pierre McGuire thinks he will be. We'll see. Maybe the kid is learning.

The scrutiny of this kid is just crazy.... in days of yore the Blues have had 4 or 5 "Sanfords" on the team at the same time. He missed 6 months with a shoulder injury that really set back his development. I remember Kurt Warner talking about how much faster things happen at the top levels of sports, and how over time, the game slows down. I think that that's what's going on with Sanford. The first goal that he scored last night was an amazing play...he moved Crawford about a foot to his left, and then put the puck where Crawford had vacated... smart play... and the patience under fire to score his second was also amazing. I guess it shows what a great place that the Blues are in, that a kid like Sanford can create so much conversation.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 pm The scrutiny of this kid is just crazy.... in days of yore the Blues have had 4 or 5 "Sanfords" on the team at the same time. He missed 6 months with a shoulder injury that really set back his development. I remember Kurt Warner talking about how much faster things happen at the top levels of sports, and how over time, the game slows down. I think that that's what's going on with Sanford. The first goal that he scored last night was an amazing play...he moved Crawford about a foot to his left, and then put the puck where Crawford had vacated... smart play... and the patience under fire to score his second was also amazing. I guess it shows what a great place that the Blues are in, that a kid like Sanford can create so much conversation.
I bow to you Turk. You're the only one that's been consistently 100% in the corner of this organization and Doug Armstrong. I'd say players but you hated on Allen :lol:

Like I was telling Matt here during lunch, just the fact that a guy like Pierre McGuire is touting me as the next great power forward----- me being Zach Sanford, that alone would make me driven to be the best player I could be. I would be so driven to not meet those expectations. I'd be embarrassed if I disappeared after this hot streak and to never be heard from again. Let's hope Zach gets that killer instinct now, and becomes a legit top 6 power forward, maybe Berube will bring it out.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 pm The scrutiny of this kid is just crazy.... in days of yore the Blues have had 4 or 5 "Sanfords" on the team at the same time. He missed 6 months with a shoulder injury that really set back his development. I remember Kurt Warner talking about how much faster things happen at the top levels of sports, and how over time, the game slows down. I think that that's what's going on with Sanford. The first goal that he scored last night was an amazing play...he moved Crawford about a foot to his left, and then put the puck where Crawford had vacated... smart play... and the patience under fire to score his second was also amazing. I guess it shows what a great place that the Blues are in, that a kid like Sanford can create so much conversation.
I bow to you Turk. You're the only one that's been consistently 100% in the corner of this organization and Doug Armstrong. I'd say players but you hated on Allen :lol:

Like I was telling Matt here during lunch, just the fact that a guy like Pierre McGuire is touting me as the next great power forward----- me being Zach Sanford, that alone would make me driven to be the best player I could be. I would be so driven to not meet those expectations. I'd be embarrassed if I disappeared after this hot streak and to never be heard from again. Let's hope Zach gets that killer instinct now, and becomes a legit top 6 power forward, maybe Berube will bring it out.
I'm a reasonable guy... you have to earn my hate, and Allen earned it.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:18 pm
BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:14 pm

I'm a reasonable guy... you have to earn my hate, and Allen earned it.
:lol:

That’s a solid take. I was never down on Sanford much I just didn’t see him as much more than a 4th line guy. He’s shown real growth in basically every area of his game.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that outside of the absolute top talents players have ups and downs in production. I have to remind myself of that with Faulk. We haven’t seen his best here. But Chief gives him the minutes so he’s seeing stuff he likes. I think Faulks game is aggressive defensively and he’s playing with a d-corps that tends to let the play come to them then react (Petro, Bo, Gunny, now Scandella) and his adjustment to this has been rocky.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:27 pm
That’s a solid take. I was never down on Sanford much I just didn’t see him as much more than a 4th line guy. He’s shown real growth in basically every area of his game.

Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that outside of the absolute top talents players have ups and downs in production. I have to remind myself of that with Faulk. We haven’t seen his best here. But Chief gives him the minutes so he’s seeing stuff he likes. I think Faulks game is aggressive defensively and he’s playing with a d-corps that tends to let the play come to them then react (Petro, Bo, Gunny, now Scandella) and his adjustment to this has been rocky.
I'd say rocky is a fair assessment of his trials and tribulations.