Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Blackhawks - 7:00 2/25 - TV:NBCSN Radio:101.1

Sloppy game. But great to see The Blues come back and win. That's what good teams do. I'm really impressed with Sanford. Now, he's doing a lot even without the puck, and he's converting on his chances. I like that he blocked a shot at a key time while shorthanded by 2 men at the end of the game, and after that, he knocked down The Hawk who tried to knock him out of the play. I thought The Blues were back to their game. They got a little tempted to get into a loose-style game, and that almost cost them. They need to get their discipline back.

ratonmono wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:41 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:39 pm
Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 pm Sanford is starting to make it hard for The Blues to decide which 8th Forward to protect in the expansion draft.
Tarasenko
Thomas
Schwartz
ROR
Schenn
Perron
Sanford
Sunny/Blais
Looks right. Sunny/Barby go unprotected and give Seattle something to take a less painful player.
Expansion sucks, I don’t want to lose anyone.

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:47 pm

Tarasenko
Thomas
Schwartz
ROR
Schenn
Perron
Sanford
Sunny/Blais
Looks right. Sunny/Barby go unprotected and give Seattle something to take a less painful player.
It does suck...there should be a different formula. The Sens will leave some shit players on the table and get rewarded for their incompetence, The better teams who are trying to ice the best teams that they can, will get fucked into giving up a good player... and Ottawa will get an even share of the expansion fee. It ain't right.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:54 pm

It does suck...there should be a different formula. The Sens will leave some shit players on the table and get rewarded for their incompetence, The better teams who are trying to ice the best teams that they can, will get fucked into giving up a good player... and Ottawa will get an even share of the expansion fee. It ain't right.
Truer words have never been spoken. And so shall it be.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 pm

We're gonna make a deal with Seattle.

(Hoping anyways)

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:59 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 pm
We're gonna make a deal with Seattle.

(Hoping anyways)
Army will sign Berglund and convince Seattle to take him
Just a Russian propaganda account

Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:33 pm Sanford is starting to make it hard for The Blues to decide which 8th Forward to protect in the expansion draft.
Tarasenko
Thomas
Schwartz
ROR
Schenn
Perron
Sanford
Sunny/Blais
Got to keep Sundqvist over Blais. The former has a better all-around game, and is more of a difference-maker, and he plays more positions, and can help the team in more different ways. But notice that protecting Sanford means Barbashev gets exposed. I think The Blues absolutely NEED to have at least a tentative agreement with Pietrangelo before the protected list is handed in. IF Pietrangelo will return, The Blues should make a deal with Seattle that they draft Faulk. The Blues probably couldn't pay all 3 of Pietrangelo, Parayko AND Faulk being so close to the cap, in any case, and Scandella plays the left side, seems to be a better all-around play, and better on defence, and fits in with the team and Berube's system much better..

Schwartz is a UFA next summer. They don’t HAVE to protect him right? If they leave him exposed and Seattle picks him he doesn’t have to sign there and can re-up with the Blues no? I’d like to keep Sundquist and Barbashev myself. Hate to say it but maybe expose DP again. Chances are he wouldn’t be chosen and if so, Kyrou will take his spot. Kosten should also be earning a spot by then. I’ve wondered if there’s already a gentleman’s agreement between DA and Ron Francis. Francis is very familiar with Faulk after all...
"suck a dick Stan Lee"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:04 pm We get Gord Miller tonight! I'm stoked! Best in the business as far as I'm concerned.
i hate NBC games, as whomever is running audio for them is a fucking dunce. has been this way for a couple years at least. the voices are much quieter than the stupid music bed and/or sound effects for the studio/replay segments, and in-game, they hit the compression so hard that when the crowd/announcers get loud (goal scored), all sound plummets to almost nothing briefly so you can't hear what the hell happened.

this is a national network. get your shit together.

no "draft protected" list should be without sunny d AND barbashev. if that means blais or even schenn is exposed, so be it.

BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm What was Army thinking, he should of locked up Sanford for 8M over 4 years!!! Anyone could tell he was a dominant power forward in the making 😀........who needs Kreider?
The deal with Sanford for me was...you could see he had a great shot and some skill but the majority of the time his compete level sucked ass. I mean we all saw what he did in the playoffs last year....that gave all of us including me high hopes for him this year. He got a nice deal from Army....everything was right there for him . Then the season starts and his compete level is nowhere to be found....very frustrating to see. Obviously Berube finally got through to him which is huge.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:37 am
BillP. wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:45 pm What was Army thinking, he should of locked up Sanford for 8M over 4 years!!! Anyone could tell he was a dominant power forward in the making 😀........who needs Kreider?
The deal with Sanford for me was...you could see he had a great shot and some skill but the majority of the time his compete level sucked ass. I mean we all saw what he did in the playoffs last year....that gave all of us including me high hopes for him this year. He got a nice deal from Army....everything was right there for him . Then the season starts and his compete level is nowhere to be found....very frustrating to see. Obviously Berube finally got through to him which is huge.
Yeah, if Sanford doesn't turn the corner for good now, then nothing will. How can you not be motivated now nor gain confidence from this to get motivated. If he goes back into a coma, then I say let the shit posts fly!!...................But I agree, the ability was there, and it's more evident how much more ability he has when he's motivated. This will be interesting to see if he really is the real deal.

BillP. wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:52 am
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:37 am
Yeah, if Sanford doesn't turn the corner for good now, then nothing will. How can you not be motivated now nor gain confidence from this to get motivated. If he goes back into a coma, then I say let the shit posts fly!!...................But I agree, the ability was there, and it's more evident how much more ability he has when he's motivated. This will be interesting to see if he really is the real deal.
I would love to see full seasons of compete from Sandford. I'll be waiting for him to pull a Boyes, than comes the shit talking.

The other thing about Sanford is that if he does keep this up, that Shattenkirk trade just looks better and better. We used the first we got from that trade to get Schenn, who was a big piece to winning the cup and is an asset who is going to spend a ton of years on the Blues, and the other piece we got in that deal was Sanford. And we still made the playoffs that year and won a playoff series

Tarasenko
Thomas
Schwartz
ROR
Schenn
Perron
Sanford
Sunny/Blais
I wouldn't sweat it that much since you can only protect 7 forwards. You can go 7 forwards/3 D, or 8 skaters of any combination. You protect 1 goalie in either option. I'm sure they'll go 7/3. They're going to lose a good player, might as well not overthink it. For his troubles Tom Stillman will get a little under $22 million.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!