Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Dallas - 7:30 2/21 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:51 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:26 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 am If nothing else it was a glimpse into a future sans Petro. The defense played well, they played to their strengths, hitting and well timed pinches. Borts was a wall, Colt55 finally starting to use his shot, and at the risk of beating a dead horse Scandella was a plus 3. That's a cup winning formula.
I don't agree. The Blues rustled up a LOT of energy and determination to dominate the game, so their weakness last night with Pietrangelo out wouldn't be so exposed. But playing at that level of adrenalin-pushed intensity is something a team can do for one game, or a few straight games; but it's not really sustainable for an entire season or an entire playoff run. With Pietrangelo gone, the shaky Faulk and Scandella would also be needed to play a much more prominent role along with Parayko. The defence will be significantly weaker with Pietrangelo gone. I'll be surprised if he actually leaves. I just hope he'll give a reasonable home town discount to stay.
I understand what you're saying but minus the hometown discount, what is army willing to spend? This is Petros big contract, do we go the way of Chicago and LA giving out contracts that bite your nose off to spite your face. Everything I've seen in the past few years makes me think hes not going to get that 11mill a year contract that another team might be willing to offer.
I think that Petro's in his comfort zone here. It took him a while to adjust to the pressure of being named captain. If he goes somewhere else for mega-bucks, it'll be a whole lot more pressure that he ain't used to dealing with. I think that both sides will find common ground.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:03 pm

I don't agree. The Blues rustled up a LOT of energy and determination to dominate the game, so their weakness last night with Pietrangelo out wouldn't be so exposed. But playing at that level of adrenalin-pushed intensity is something a team can do for one game, or a few straight games; but it's not really sustainable for an entire season or an entire playoff run. With Pietrangelo gone, the shaky Faulk and Scandella would also be needed to play a much more prominent role along with Parayko. The defence will be significantly weaker with Pietrangelo gone. I'll be surprised if he actually leaves. I just hope he'll give a reasonable home town discount to stay.
I understand what you're saying but minus the hometown discount, what is army willing to spend? This is Petros big contract, do we go the way of Chicago and LA giving out contracts that bite your nose off to spite your face. Everything I've seen in the past few years makes me think hes not going to get that 11mill a year contract that another team might be willing to offer.
I think that Petro's in his comfort zone here. It took him a while to adjust to the pressure of being named captain. If he goes somewhere else for mega-bucks, it'll be a whole lot more pressure that he ain't used to dealing with. I think that both sides will find common ground.
I hope your right ,but on the off chance that that's not the case I'm ok with what we have. Not to mention Mikkola is from everything we've seen ready to step in and play an nhl caliber game.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:34 pm
I hope your right ,but on the off chance that that's not the case I'm ok with what we have. Not to mention Mikkola is from everything we've seen ready to step in and play an nhl caliber game.
All Petro has to do, is to ask Backes how green that grass is on the other side.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:50 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:34 pm

All Petro has to do, is to ask Backes how green that grass is on the other side.
Is Anaheim gonna make the dance, lol. We should thank David for chasing the coin, if he didn't we probably don't raise the cup.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 am If nothing else it was a glimpse into a future sans Petro. The defense played well, they played to their strengths, hitting and well timed pinches. Borts was a wall, Colt55 finally starting to use his shot, and at the risk of beating a dead horse Scandella was a plus 3. That's a cup winning formula.
I agree that The Blues won't pay him over $9.7 or 9.8 Million per year. I think Pietrangelo will want to stay in St. Louis, and give up$1 million to $1.5 million per year to stay and try for winning The Cup 3-4 more times, and have his wife happy, the2 parties will both compromise to keep him in St. Louis on a deal that won't cripple The Blues late in his career.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:05 pm

I agree that The Blues won't pay him over $9.7 or 9.8 Million per year. I think Pietrangelo will want to stay in St. Louis, and give up$1 million to $1.5 million per year to stay and try for winning The Cup 3-4 more times, and have his wife happy, the2 parties will both compromise to keep him in St. Louis on a deal that won't cripple The Blues late in his career.
From your mouth to God's ear.

God i hope its less than that. He's comparable to roman josi who makes just over 9/yr
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:40 pm
God i hope its less than that. He's comparable to roman josi who makes just over 9/yr
I also hope it's closer to $9.0. I just meant that $9.8 is about as high as Army will go.