Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Dallas - 7:30 2/21 - TV:FSMO/ESPN+ Radio:101.1

BlueinNy wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:25 pm I gotta say Scandella has fit in perfectly, he takes care of the puck, no mindless give aways, good breakout passes. Army is god.
Much better deal than the Faulk deal, and he had to overpay for Scandella near the trade deadline, and with every team knowing he was desperate to fill the Bouwmeester hole. This was a good trade. The Faulk trade still looks a little iffy. But, maybe Faulk can rise to the occasion, staying on his natural side, and turn himself into a reliable 2nd shift D-Man.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:53 pm
jfbop37 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm Kerber jinxed it. Bastard.
What did he say?
Started talking about how nice it would be for the Blues to get three straight shutouts and they scored about fifteen seconds after. 😂
Cool, so we'll put the blame on him for doing that instead of me for doing the same thing in here....
:lol:

jfbop37 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:55 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:53 pm
jfbop37 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:52 pm

What did he say?
Started talking about how nice it would be for the Blues to get three straight shutouts and they scored about fifteen seconds after. 😂
Cool, so we'll put the blame on him for doing that instead of me for doing the same thing in here....
:lol:
I knew it was gonna happen too.
Last edited by BluesSK on Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:13 am
Robb_K wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:57 pm Blues WIN!!! I'll take it! They're playing like Champs again. Nice to see after that terrible slump. All we need now is to find out that Tarasenko will be returning in a few weeks. :mrgreen:
Yes the champs were out there playing their game, it was a joy to watch!
...yes it was...buuuurp.
Attachments

barnburner wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:38 am I confess, when I heard Petro and Boz were out, and, being the second night of back to back, I expected we would lose last night. Instead, they totally frustrated the Stars, and dominated play from start to finish. You look at all the offensive talent on the Stars, who would have believed they would be held to 19 shots on goal? Hell of an effort.
No kidding... one of those games where you are just hoping that they get through it with no-one getting hurt, and they come out and kick Dallas' ass. Whoda' thunk it.... The Blues woulda', I guess.

Beatoni12 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:26 pm Last few games have been what this team can be. Good to see this level of effort and attention to detail back in their game. Playing like this, they’re legit cup contenders.
Yeah, did you see the shot of Berube after the game on the bench, the way he gave it to spits? It was like this is who we are, we still got it, you still can’t fuck with us.

BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 am If nothing else it was a glimpse into a future sans Petro. The defense played well, they played to their strengths, hitting and well timed pinches. Borts was a wall, Colt55 finally starting to use his shot, and at the risk of beating a dead horse Scandella was a plus 3. That's a cup winning formula.
I don't agree. The Blues rustled up a LOT of energy and determination to dominate the game, so their weakness last night with Pietrangelo out wouldn't be so exposed. But playing at that level of adrenalin-pushed intensity is something a team can do for one game, or a few straight games; but it's not really sustainable for an entire season or an entire playoff run. With Pietrangelo gone, the shaky Faulk and Scandella would also be needed to play a much more prominent role along with Parayko. The defence will be significantly weaker with Pietrangelo gone. I'll be surprised if he actually leaves. I just hope he'll give a reasonable home town discount to stay.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:26 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:35 am If nothing else it was a glimpse into a future sans Petro. The defense played well, they played to their strengths, hitting and well timed pinches. Borts was a wall, Colt55 finally starting to use his shot, and at the risk of beating a dead horse Scandella was a plus 3. That's a cup winning formula.
I don't agree. The Blues rustled up a LOT of energy and determination to dominate the game, so their weakness last night with Pietrangelo out wouldn't be so exposed. But playing at that level of adrenalin-pushed intensity is something a team can do for one game, or a few straight games; but it's not really sustainable for an entire season or an entire playoff run. With Pietrangelo gone, the shaky Faulk and Scandella would also be needed to play a much more prominent role along with Parayko. The defence will be significantly weaker with Pietrangelo gone. I'll be surprised if he actually leaves. I just hope he'll give a reasonable home town discount to stay.
I understand what you're saying but minus the hometown discount, what is army willing to spend? This is Petros big contract, do we go the way of Chicago and LA giving out contracts that bite your nose off to spite your face. Everything I've seen in the past few years makes me think hes not going to get that 11mill a year contract that another team might be willing to offer.