NHL Trade Deadline News and Rumor Thread

I figured we could use a thread to discuss trades/rumors that might not necessarily involve the Blues between now and Monday. Here's a rumor to start things off:

I worry Boston ships him and a bounty of prospects/picks to Arizona for Hall. That'd be such a big swing for Boston since it'd cost at least a first, a mid round, and whatever good prospects they have.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Re: NHL Trade Deadline News and Rumor Thread

Cujo's Mask wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:03 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:57 am I think Backes ends up in Vegas
Not sure how they'd fit his cap hit. He makes more sense for Ottawa ($ lower than cap hit), although that's obviously not "out west". LA or Colorado could swing it with their cap space, with LA being more likely as someone who could stash him and buy him out next year.
Bruins would have to eat at least 50% of the cap hit.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I will take some shit for saying this, but I don't care... the nostalgic side of me would love to see Backes back here. He was my favorite player when he was here. I hated seeing him go, but now it looks like it was the right move. He made a big mistake not taking the Blues offer. They would have never treated him like Boston has. Could you imagine how amazing it would be if he came back and the Blues repeated?? Bruins fans would lose it :lol:
KA-KAW!

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm That takes Boston out of the Kreider running. I wonder if Army gets involved again.
Such a head scratcher that Boston would do this. Now that they've freed up some space to pick up Kreider they lack the 1st they need to go and get him, unless picking up Kase was just a way to have a player that they could give up that the Rags would accept in a deal for Kreider without getting a 1st back. I can't imagine that Boston would give up a 1st to move Backes now (instead of buying him out this summer) and then decide they're done.

MissouriMook wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:48 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:06 pm That takes Boston out of the Kreider running. I wonder if Army gets involved again.
Such a head scratcher that Boston would do this. Now that they've freed up some space to pick up Kreider they lack the 1st they need to go and get him, unless picking up Kase was just a way to have a player that they could give up that the Rags would accept in a deal for Kreider without getting a 1st back. I can't imagine that Boston would give up a 1st to move Backes now (instead of buying him out this summer) and then decide they're done.
I think they found the price too high for Kreider, so they moved on. Kase is a good player, too. He's no slouch.

I don’t see how they get him without that first. Even if it’s a 2021 first , then that means they’d most likely have to trade their best prospect as well. If they still trade for Kreider...it’s going to cost them more now
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I think it's a good deal for them. Kase is a good player. I thought it'd take a first just to dump Backes anyway. If all it takes is another decent, but not gamebreaking prospect to get a very useful forward on top of it, that's a nice trade. Also helps free up some cash for Krug this summer. At the same time, it's a good deal for the Ducks. They get a first rounder, a decent prospect and a guy that'll either help in the room or be bought out this summer.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!