Re: NHL Trade Deadline News and Rumor Thread

Turk Sanderson wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:57 pm
Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:48 pm
BluesSK wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:36 pmThis trade deadline was like a flea market sale. Everyone trading their unwanted junk to everybody else without anybody really coming out ahead.
Agreed......not much of significance, especially when it came to Dallas and the Avs. Can’t believe Sakic didn’t do something more substantial.
He works for the Kroenkes.
... who will be moving the Avalanche to Inglewood, CA this summer, to share SoFi Stadium with the Rams & Chargers starting next fall. Enos Stanley will show all those naysayers that he really DOES know how to put on an outdoor hockey game after all.

BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:03 pm Bowman only gets a 3rd rd pick for Gustafson? The guy had 60 points last yr.
The guy is 27.....what’s the point of trading him for so little? He isn’t part of the future because why, exactly? I get that he is going to be a UFA this summer, so maybe they know he wants too much money. But a 3rd round pick? Stan continues to prove himself to be an idiot.

Matangama wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:21 pm
BillP. wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:03 pm Bowman only gets a 3rd rd pick for Gustafson? The guy had 60 points last yr.
The guy is 27.....what’s the point of trading him for so little? He isn’t part of the future because why, exactly? I get that he is going to be a UFA this summer, so maybe they know he wants too much money. But a 3rd round pick? Stan continues to prove himself to be an idiot.
Trade deadline day usually proves that almost any of us could be an NHL GM.

I don't think he was ever going to get much more than a 3rd, but yeah, Bowman sucks. Gustafsson's stats last year were a clear outlier. He had a 10% shooting percentage, which is absurd for a D. I also think he got more PP time, but generally he just hasn't been as good at all this year. As a pending UFA, last year means a lot less than this year. I think when you compare his trade to Mike Green's (4th round that could become 3rd), it's fine.

Having said all that, Bowman did poorly on the Lehner deal, and probably shouldn't have traded him at all. There was a report that he was willing to sign for 3 years I think, and they wouldn't match that term. The Hawks are going nowhere going nowhere, and I think the players are getting pissed. I don't know why they don't start to tear it down, but here we are. I love it.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:14 am
I don't think he was ever going to get much more than a 3rd, but yeah, Bowman sucks. Gustafsson's stats last year were a clear outlier. He had a 10% shooting percentage, which is absurd for a D. I also think he got more PP time, but generally he just hasn't been as good at all this year. As a pending UFA, last year means a lot less than this year. I think when you compare his trade to Mike Green's (4th round that could become 3rd), it's fine.

Having said all that, Bowman did poorly on the Lehner deal, and probably shouldn't have traded him at all. There was a report that he was willing to sign for 3 years I think, and they wouldn't match that term. The Hawks are going nowhere going nowhere, and I think the players are getting pissed. I don't know why they don't start to tear it down, but here we are. I love it.
He's nowhere near as smart as his old man was.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 am

Yeah, he inherited a ready made contender of a team in the summer of 2009, then managed to not screw it up that year. He made some decent moves around the periphery of the roster after a step back following the first Cup, but still, he had the best core of the decade in its prime, plus slightly past prime but incredibly effective Hossa before he got itchy just waiting there for him. Once he started having to make hard decisions the team got appreciably worse.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:58 am
Cotton McKnight wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:15 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:10 am Here is to not giving a shit about the All-Star game....fucking a month later.
What's an All-Star game?
Its amazing!!! You will never forget a second of action! Don't forget to endlessly re.ind people of how you transcended normal reality by watching the NHL All-Star game.
So screw this playoff race thing and the SCF?

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:08 am
BluesSK wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:53 am

Yeah, he inherited a ready made contender of a team in the summer of 2009, then managed to not screw it up that year. He made some decent moves around the periphery of the roster after a step back following the first Cup, but still, he had the best core of the decade in its prime, plus slightly past prime but incredibly effective Hossa before he got itchy just waiting there for him. Once he started having to make hard decisions the team got appreciably worse.
Breadman for Saad might be the single biggest boneheaded move of all time.