Your favorite Uniform Matchup

So what's your ideal match in terms of watching 2 teams head to head with their uniform colors? Basically the most pleasing game to watch visually from a uniform standpoint.

Is it 2 original 6 teams? Or something more current?

Personally as a kid, I always thought the Rangers blue uniforms on the road at Philly with Philly wearing their white jerseys was the best game to watch from a visual standpoint.

So what is your ideal uniform match up? Doesn't have to be current today, just your favorite all time period.

Re: Your favorite Uniform Matchup

Both teams wearing dark jerseys if possible is coming ...it’s just a matter of time. Based on that it would be the following
Canadiens Red vs Leafs blue
Red Wings red vs Leafs blue
Flyers orange vs Rangers blue
Stars green vs Hawks red
Blues blue vs Hawks red
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

I think most people love the classic teams and rivalry match-ups. I also am with you guys on the dark jersey combos. This should be done all of the time unless the two teams are the same color. I always tend to like the home jerseys, even though the Blues road jersey will forever be a fav after game 7 last year :D

My favorite jersey ever is the blue Nordiques jersey. I love it.
I also love the green/yellow North Stars jerseys.
The Blues should be wearing the powder blue full time as well IMO.
And the fact that the kings don't wear the purple and yellow unis is just a crime. This gray/black/silver bullshit is terrible.
KA-KAW!

I honestly don’t know why the NHL is waiting on both teams wearing dark jerseys when applicable. It needs to happen soon. It will look much better as the tv technology continues to improve.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 am I think most people love the classic teams and rivalry match-ups. I also am with you guys on the dark jersey combos. This should be done all of the time unless the two teams are the same color. I always tend to like the home jerseys, even though the Blues road jersey will forever be a fav after game 7 last year :D

And the fact that the kings don't wear the purple and yellow unis is just a crime. This gray/black/silver bullshit is terrible.
Oddly enough both of those jerseys were favorite of mine as well. The Northstars jerseys are my all time favorites. I really miss that jersey....such a great logo and colors

"Suck a dick Johansen"

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:19 am I think most people love the classic teams and rivalry match-ups. I also am with you guys on the dark jersey combos. This should be done all of the time unless the two teams are the same color. I always tend to like the home jerseys, even though the Blues road jersey will forever be a fav after game 7 last year :D

Well stated. I'm gonna bullet point a few comments on your thoughts:
-I'm glad Dallas changed to a brighter green based uni a few years ago, though the D logo is pretty lame.
-Nordiques were great. It'd be cool if the Avs wore them as a throwback at some point like the Canes have with the old Whalers jerseys (another favorite of mine), though that probably wouldn't sit well in Quebec. Tangentially related, I love the old Colorado Rockies logo. The jersey is fine, but I dig the mountain logo.
-I don't mind the Gretzky era Kings uniforms, but their current get up is among my least favorite in the league.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:58 am

-I'm glad Dallas changed to a brighter green based uni a few years ago, though the D logo is pretty lame.
-Nordiques were great. It'd be cool if the Avs wore them as a throwback at some point like the Canes have with the old Whalers jerseys (another favorite of mine), though that probably wouldn't sit well in Quebec. Tangentially related, I love the old Colorado Rockies logo. The jersey is fine, but I dig the mountain logo.
-I don't mind the Gretzky era Kings uniforms, but their current get up is among my least favorite in the league.
That Rockies logo is amazing. The color scheme is cool too.

If you dig anything hockey jerseys, check out icethetics.com People make their own concepts and they post new jersey news often. Pretty cool stuff if you are into design.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:41 am

If you dig anything hockey jerseys, check out icethetics.com People make their own concepts and they post new jersey news often. Pretty cool stuff if you are into design.
Awesome. I also love this website http://www.nhluniforms.com/. It has literally every NHL uniform for every team dating back to 1917. You can absolutely get lost for a loooooooong time on that website.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:50 am
MattyIce wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:41 am

Awesome. I also love this website http://www.nhluniforms.com/. It has literally every NHL uniform for every team dating back to 1917. You can absolutely get lost for a loooooooong time on that website.
Oooooh man... looks like I know what I will be doing this afternoon :lol:
KA-KAW!

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:23 pm Old Los Angeles Kings jersey, home or away and anybody.
Loved those jerseys...really loved the early 80’s version when they put the gold on the shoulders of the purple jerseys and the purple on the shoulders of the gold jersey. I still wish the Kings would have kept those colors.

"Suck a dick Johansen"