Re: Blues acquire Scandella from Montreal

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:12 pm Always remember the great quote by Hullie on the Italian/ French Canadian heritage of Sergio Momesso
“It’s Sergi O’Momesso....he’s an Irishman”
That's hilarious. I'd never heard that quote before, which is surprising because Mess was one of my favorite players from that era. Hope I like his nephew's game half as much as I liked his back in the day.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:40 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:37 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:11 pm Probably the worst take so far on this trade...

https://www.stlouisgametime.com/2020/2/ ... della-deal
Who is this guy? Sounds like a wild fan. Or a disgruntled Montreal fan.
19 y/o who knows more about hockey than Army.
And our pro scouts. You know, guys who have actually played the game as opposed to dominating 'Chel in their parents' basement.

Matangama wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:10 pm That is the biggest piece of shit article I have ever read. I honestly don’t care if you like the Trade or not, but Jesus Christ, he sounds like a dramatic little pussy!
odds that he's got Clark Kent glasses, a douche beard, wears rust colored skinny jeans and drinks something called Reds peanut butter mint hop ale?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:27 pm
Matangama wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:10 pm That is the biggest piece of shit article I have ever read. I honestly don’t care if you like the Trade or not, but Jesus Christ, he sounds like a dramatic little pussy!
odds that he's got Clark Kent glasses, a douche beard, wears rust colored skinny jeans and drinks something called Reds peanut butter mint hop ale?
Nailed it!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:53 pm Gabriel Foley
19-year-old with a few years of sports writing experience. A hopeful up-and-comer, covering the St. Louis Blues.

Way to make your mark, kid. Trying to crap on the GM whose team currently owns The Stanley Cup. Good luck with that career. :lol:
He can sure reel in the hyperbole.

I mean. Sell the franchise. it's fucking over!

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:07 pm
Another GOD DAMN attention whore!
I’m guessing you’re right. He wrote that over the top crap in an attempt to get noticed. Unfortunately, I don’t think he got the kind of attention he was looking for!

Whoa whoa whoa... no reason to bring me into this, Tim. I didn't write the article :lol:
KA-KAW!

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:37 pm
MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:26 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:11 pmProbably the worst take so far on this trade...

That's a bit of an overreaction :lol:
Gabriel Foley

19-year-old with a few years of sports writing experience. A hopeful up-and-comer, covering the St. Louis Blues.
Y'all're just jealous, because you didn't have Game Time access to workshop your 6th grade English composition class assignments. And none of you have since moved on to a "dazzled career" neither. Welcome to "the loom of this year’s NHL Trade Deadline." Make yourselves some nice sweaters.

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:11 am
Whoa whoa whoa... no reason to bring me into this, Tim. I didn't write the article :lol:
Well I hope to god you aren’t drinking Reds peanut butter mint hop ale! Once you start drinking shit with names like that.....it’s pretty much a lost cause.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:27 am
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:37 pm
MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:26 pm

That's a bit of an overreaction :lol:
Gabriel Foley

Y'all're just jealous, because you didn't have Game Time access to workshop your 6th grade English composition class assignments. And none of you have since moved on to a "dazzled career" neither. Welcome to "the loom of this year’s NHL Trade Deadline." Make yourselves some nice sweaters.
I will give him credit for one thing. When I was 19 I met a lot of my writing length requirements by making the font size a little bit bigger. This guy actually wrote a lot of words. They were not the right words by any means, but he pounded the hell out of that keyboard!
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:20 am

Well I hope to god you aren’t drinking Reds peanut butter mint hop ale! Once you start drinking shit with names like that.....it’s pretty much a lost cause.
Last year I tried this "beer" named purple haze, I passed this country bar and on the billboard was 1$ drafts. Me and my alcoholic friend stopped and asked about the 1$ drafts ,so the tarbender poured us this purple colored carbonated beverage. We both took a sip and ordered a couple PBR's, come to find out the reason the turpentine/feces flavored beverage was a dollar was because they couldn't get rid of the keg.

I'm literally home-brewing a peanut butter milk stout right now :lol:
But, don't lose hope on me... sitting in my fridge next to all my craft beer is a 30 pack of Busch. And I don't wear skinny jeans :lol:
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am

But, don't lose hope on me... sitting in my fridge next to all my craft beer is a 30 pack of Busch. And I don't wear skinny jeans :lol:
Smh

MattyIce wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:41 am

I love Busch and Budweiser. If decide to really step outside of the box it’s Blue Moon or Dos Equis Amber for me but that’s about as crafty as I go.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:40 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:37 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:11 pm Probably the worst take so far on this trade...

Who is this guy? Sounds like a wild fan. Or a disgruntled Montreal fan.
19 y/o who knows more about hockey than Army.
Not based on his comment that "Army has had an otherwise flawless career". He gives wayyyyy too much value to statistics building up a tremendously overblown case for his point, and then, at the end of his article he takes most of it away, saying that it doesn't matter much because the new, subpar D-man is only going to play Del Zotto minutes, and the stacked Blues won't really feel the loss of the 2nd Rounder all that much. Not very professional writing style to be an alarmist yellow journalist, and then admit to the reader, at the end of his article that he or she needn't have read it, in the first place. If he wants to be a journalist, he should, at least, learn the first language of his country. How can a person live in a country all his life 19-23 years, and not learn the language??? Why do so many people in USA think the word,"dominate", can be used as an adjective?

Robb_K wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:29 pm... If he wants to be a journalist, he should, at least, learn the first language of his country. How can a person live in a country all his life 19-23 years, and not learn the language??? Why do so many people in USA think the word,"dominate", can be used as an adjective?
Join us in the 21st Century, Robb. If the spellchecker doesn't change it, it MUST be correct grammar.