Re: Blues acquire Scandella from Montreal

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:04 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:59 pm Keep in mind, Montreal just acquired him last month for a 4th.

Head scratcher of a trade
Think of it this way, the Blues just replaced Bouwmeester with a tall, left shot defenseman that doesn't hit.
The head scratcher part is more the price and not the player. The need was there but why not move on Dillion for roughly the same?
Just a Russian propaganda account

I don’t mind this trade. Scandella was pretty reliable in Minnesota. I still don’t understand how Mikkola didn’t get a chance to prove himself again after playing pretty well. I think he showed he was more than ready. I think he deserved a chance to play.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:56 pm I don’t mind this trade. Scandella was pretty reliable in Minnesota. I still don’t understand how Mikkola didn’t get a chance to prove himself again after playing pretty well. I think he showed he was more than ready. I think he deserved a chance to play.
I think Mikkola was just guilty of not being a veteran. Right or wrong, Berube and more importantly Army love veterans, and with the Cup window wide open, they wanted to reduce risk wherever they could.

I think the trade is perfectly reasonable. I guess I haven't seen enough of Scandella and Dillon to have much of an opinion between the two of them, because to me they look like the exact same guy on paper. Scandella's been on a crappy Buffalo team the last couple of years before his recent upgrade to mediocrity in Montreal. He seemed to be part of a strong D group in Minnesota, and I'd imagine he's not going to be asked to do anything he's not capable of in St. Louis. He seems to be a better option than Gunnar/Bortuzzo, and has more of a track record than Mikkola. Works for me.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Solid pickup for a team that just lost an incredibly key veteran. I was kind of hoping for Dillon as well, but Scandella is better defensively. Giving up a 2nd? Who cares......total crap shoot of a pick, especially at the end of the round. I’m a huge Mikkola fan and wish they would have left him in the lineup, but this is a good trade, especially when every fucking GM in the league knows Army needs a left-handed d-man.

CaptSMRT wrote: Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:29 pm http://www.sportsforecaster.com/nhl/player/6895

SCOUTING REPORT
Has all-around ability, a big frame, an aggressive approach to playing defense and a big shot. Can also log a lot of minutes in the NHL, if required. Is not a natural power-play performer. Struggles a bit against very quick forwards, who can beat him to the outside. Injuries can be an issue.
We already have a big defenseman that gets beat to the outside why do we need another.