Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Anaheim - 9:00 2/11 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 am It should go without saying that his well-being is obviously the number 1 concern.

With that said, what will his loss mean for this team going forward? Do you just put Bortz in? Mikkola? Are they forced to look at the trade market?
You have Bortz, Mikkola, Walman (who's improved a ton from all accounts),and Reinike......I think we probably don't need to look at a trade.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:35 am I don’t know if anybody mentioned this yet but that first update when they went live to Pang and he was crying, my heart damn near stopped as well. That scared the shit out of me....I didn’t know what he was about to say, I just saw the tears.
Yeah, same here. I know Panger is an emotional little guy, but I had the feeling he was holding back something besides tears... I couldn't go to bed until Army put out his statement.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:35 am I don’t know if anybody mentioned this yet but that first update when they went live to Pang and he was crying, my heart damn near stopped as well. That scared the shit out of me....I didn’t know what he was about to say, I just saw the tears.
Yeah, same here. I know Panger is an emotional little guy, but I had the feeling he was holding back something besides tears... I couldn't go to bed until Army put out his statement.
I saw a guy have a heart attack right in front of me at a function I was at about a 6 months ago... let me tell you, it was scary shit. This guy was turning blue and everything. Luckily there were EMT's in attendance and they brought him back with chest compressions and paddles. He made a full recovery from what I hear as well. But it was insane to witness. I can't imagine watching a teammate go through something like that.
KA-KAW!

MattyIce wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:13 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:01 pm
I saw a guy have a heart attack right in front of me at a function I was at about a 6 months ago... let me tell you, it was scary shit. This guy was turning blue and everything. Luckily there were EMT's in attendance and they brought him back with chest compressions and paddles. He made a full recovery from what I hear as well. But it was insane to witness. I can't imagine watching a teammate go through something like that.
I was immediately reminded of J.V. Cain. Last guy in the world that you'd expect that to happen to.

netboy65 wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:35 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:32 am It should go without saying that his well-being is obviously the number 1 concern.

With that said, what will his loss mean for this team going forward? Do you just put Bortz in? Mikkola? Are they forced to look at the trade market?
You have Bortz, Mikkola, Walman (who's improved a ton from all accounts),and Reinike......I think we probably don't need to look at a trade.
From what we saw last time, Mikko is more than ready.

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 am If I’m Jaybo, I walk away with no regrets. He’s got a wife and a couple of young daughters I believe. More importantly I hope the Blues convince him to call it a career. There is no need for him to continue playing.
I've been thinking about this. As long as he is healthy and cleared to play what safer place is there for a guy like him than on the ice?

If last night's incident had happened while he was walking his dog he could have been a goner.

The question really is; will the Blues allow him to play again?

I just hope he pulls through ok.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:55 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:18 am If I’m Jaybo, I walk away with no regrets. He’s got a wife and a couple of young daughters I believe. More importantly I hope the Blues convince him to call it a career. There is no need for him to continue playing.
I've been thinking about this. As long as he is healthy and cleared to play what safer place is there for a guy like him than on the ice?

If last night's incident had happened while he was walking his dog he could have been a goner.

I would think he is done, or on LTIR forever.

I don’t even think he takes the chance. If he collapses and dies at home away from the rink...then it’s just his time to go but no way would I risk it via playing with a wife and two young daughters. Jay has made a ton of money....possible death should Trump his love of the game.
I’d be sitting back sipping on sweet tea and eating Pork and slaw sandwiches all day while starring at my Stanley Cup Ring
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:56 pm

I don’t even think he takes the chance. If he collapses and dies at home away from the rink...then it’s just his time to go but no way would I risk it via playing with a wife and two young daughters. Jay has made a ton of money....possible death should Trump his love of the game.
I’d be sitting back sipping on sweet tea and eating Pork and slaw sandwiches all day while starring at my Stanley Cup Ring
I agree. He's had a truly great career. Devote as much time as possible from this point on, to his family.

Pork and slaw sandwiches? With your heart condition?

MissouriMook wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:32 pm

Pork and slaw sandwiches? With your heart condition?
well that's what I would do but have a Devil may care attitude.....
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

And Olympic medal, and World Championship....Triple Gold club!

One of only 4 Canadian defencemen to have that honor.

And he's earned 73.4 million over his career. If he can't go anymore, I think he'll be ok.