Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Dallas - 7:00 2/8 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:50 pm
Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:43 pm Jesus Christ, he had a decent game going then he let’s than shit in? Team didn’t play good by any means, but Binner keeping his streak of 3 GA going. He better sit for a few games here.
Never should have gotten to overtime... Blues only played like 15 minutes of hockey, if that. Better get a bigger dog house.
Oh, I agree that the team isn’t playing great, but he’s given up 38 goals his last 12 games. .883 save percentage in those games. If this team was playing really well, they still can’t be successful with that type of goaltending.

Consistently letting in a really bad goal every game lately.

Beatoni12 wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:13 pm
Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:01 pm I'm not sure how long of a rope that they can give Faulk... an offensive d-man who doesn't score much, and doesn't defend well... he's beginning to wear on my last nerve.
I think that rope is 6 years long unfortunately, unless Seattle does is a favour.
Trade deadline is right around the corner, and a lot of teams are looking for1st and 2nd pairing guys... With his contract decided, like it or not, he's an asset that could fetch a top 6 forward.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 pm Two guys the Blues are missing right now...Maroon and Edmunson...they were physical players who moved bodies around the ice and made room for their team mates.
Edmunson going for Faulk is looking worse by the day that passes.

Besides that, the team just seemed to be floaters tonight after Parayko's spectacular 1st period.

Is it just me or did the majority of our shots come from the outside after the 1st period (if so, that is not going fly if they want to be competitive again).

Cotton McKnight wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:23 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 10:32 pm Two guys the Blues are missing right now...Maroon and Edmunson...they were physical players who moved bodies around the ice and made room for their team mates.

Besides that, the team just seemed to be floaters tonight after Parayko's spectacular 1st period.

Is it just me or did the majority of our shots come from the outside after the 1st period (if so, that is not going fly if they want to be competitive again).
Im starting to think the problem with Faulk is that the Blues don't really need what he does...they have Pietrangelo, Dunn, and Parayko....and Faulk is not an adequate replacement for what Edmunson brought...which was a physical edge.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:27 pm

Im starting to think the problem with Faulk is that the Blues don't really need what he does...they have Pietrangelo, Dunn, and Parayko....and Faulk is not an adequate replacement for what Edmunson brought...which was a physical edge.
I think we lost our identity, trying to be too cute instead of hitting. We don't have the players dazzle and dangle. Maroon and Eddy brought sandpaper to the lineup right now Schenn and Blais are the only ones I see with any grit on the team. Does anyone on this team lift the puck under the bar anymore, ROR had a golden opportunity with the goalie down and shoots into the pads,smh.

BlueinNy wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:19 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:27 pm

I think we lost our identity, trying to be too cute instead of hitting. We don't have the players dazzle and dangle. Maroon and Eddy brought sandpaper to the lineup right now Schenn and Blais are the only ones I see with any grit on the team. Does anyone on this team lift the puck under the bar anymore, ROR had a golden opportunity with the goalie down and shoots into the pads,smh.

Seriously tired of the puck not getting roofed. I've seen O'Reilly do that at least two other times this season. It's not just him either.