Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Winnipeg - 6:00 2/1 - TV:FSMW Radio:101.1

BlueinNy wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:21 am I feel our current slide lays more at the feet or skates as it were of the defense . Blown coverages, not securing those 1 on 1s in the corners and guess what? Shooter all alone in front of your goalie. I like seeing goals, good ones, not Draisaitls one on one because of a brain fart.
Tend to agree. The goaltending could be better, but the opposition is being allowed to get to the net too easy.

barnburner wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:12 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm Got to wonder what Army is thinking.
I think it won't be long before Mikko comes back up. He was really impressive defensively during his tour here.
Yeah, I don’t think Army is going to panic and make a deal. He seeks internal solutions first before going such a route. Just wish he’d step in and push for Kostin to get top 9 minutes and recommend letting the kid loose.

IMO this North/South shit that they’re trying to feed him is counterproductive. It’s in the kids blood to be a goal scorer. Give him 200 games to see if he’s got it and let him find out for himself if he can score in this league or not. If he can’t, then he’ll be a whole lot more receptive to being a North/South player if he wants to stay in this league. I think the Blues are handling him all wrong.

BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:09 pm
BillP. wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 12:44 pm Got to wonder what Army is thinking.
I think it won't be long before Mikko comes back up. He was really impressive defensively during his tour here.
Yeah, I don’t think Army is going to panic and make a deal. He seeks internal solutions first before going such a route. Just wish he’d step in and push for Kostin to get top 9 minutes and recommend letting the kid loose.

IMO this North/South shit that they’re trying to feed him is counterproductive. It’s in the kids blood to be a goal scorer. Give him 200 games to see if he’s got it and let him find out for himself if he can score in this league or not. If he can’t, then he’ll be a whole lot more receptive to being a North/South player if he wants to stay in this league. I think the Blues are handling him all wrong.
Is Kostin not getting top 9 minutes in SA? Why in the world would you conduct a 200 game experiment at the NHL level with a guy when you're trying to win a Cup? The system they're playing now has proof of concept with the players they have implementing it. I hope Kostin has a great long career here, but they don't owe him any top 9 minutes up here until he's one of the top 9 forwards in this system.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 pm
barnburner wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:12 pmI think it won't be long before Mikko comes back up. He was really impressive defensively during his tour here.

Is Kostin not getting top 9 minutes in SA? Why in the world would you conduct a 200 game experiment at the NHL level with a guy when you're trying to win a Cup? The system they're playing now has proof of concept with the players they have implementing it. I hope Kostin has a great long career here, but they don't owe him any top 9 minutes up here until he's one of the top 9 forwards in this system.
I was hoping @BillP double-pumped an extra zero on his "20 game experiment" suggestion. :?

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:17 pm

Yeah, this is a Stanley Cup contender. Not much room for training. I'm pretty much a proponent of earn your Ice time.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:58 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:55 pm Dont worry, our "offensive" defenseman Faulk is going to pour it on in the 3rd. He should go far in this league, the farther the better.😉
Not a Faulk apologist by any means, his career shooting% is 5.9 and this year its a 3.5...

so he is having his career-worst year offensively
the blues tend to do that to players. especially defensemen. see: jay mckee.

T.C. wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:17 am
BlueinNy wrote: Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:55 pm Dont worry, our "offensive" defenseman Faulk is going to pour it on in the 3rd. He should go far in this league, the farther the better.😉
Not a Faulk apologist by any means, his career shooting% is 5.9 and this year its a 3.5...

The really bad thing about the McKee contract was that it prevented prevented the Blues from resigning Bryce Salvador when he hit free agency. That was not a good trade off, imo.

Sean Hill
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:08 am

Sean Hill
yep. but he fared better than mckee here, i think.