Re: GDT: Blues at Flames 1/28 8 pm

MissouriMook wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm It's Chris Berman week, 2 back to backs this week for the Blues. Really would like to see them win tonight. 2 losses in a row, not good.
We're actually at 3 losses in a row already. I just hope Rittich doesn't do to us tonight what Demko did last night. Not cool.
and they have lost 6 straight (0-4-2) against teams that were in a playoff spot when they have played them.

STLBlueshistory wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:37 pm
MissouriMook wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:38 pm
BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:55 pm It's Chris Berman week, 2 back to backs this week for the Blues. Really would like to see them win tonight. 2 losses in a row, not good.
We're actually at 3 losses in a row already. I just hope Rittich doesn't do to us tonight what Demko did last night. Not cool.
and they have lost 6 straight (0-4-2) against teams that were in a playoff spot when they have played them.
That’s the opposite of good. Time to turn that around.

The Blues have had energetic legs, just like they did last night in Vancouver. Nice to see Blais back, and he's looked good so far, considering how long he's been out. Nice to see Steen score again. What a great pass by Thomas! I hope The Blues will stay playing well both ways tonight, and win, instead of fading off a bit, like last night.

And..... just as I mention that all has gone right so far, and I hope the breaks go right for The Blues, unlike last night, sure enough, The Flames score a PP goal on a fluke, - Tkachuck fanning on his shot, flipping it up in a weird way, and having it fall into the top left corner, where no one could stop it. I'd better keep my wishes to myself from now on! :evil: :evil: :evil:
Last edited by Robb_K on Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A So-So, mixed bag 1st Period, with The Blues scoring well, but not playing well on the PK, losing key faceoffs, and not being so alert at the start. I hope they can tighten up their defence some. Trying to play loose, in a race up and down the ice is playing down to The Flames' level, giving them a break they shouldn't ordinarily get. And it's not playing to The Blues' strength.