The Blues and the 2020 Trade Deadline 2.24.2020

Yes its time to start this thread.

With our record, assets down in SA, Tank maybe coming back, Blais coming back, I am fully prepared for Army to do absolutely nothing.

Wish list: Sanford for Toffoli

Might happen: Allen for a third (how is Husso doing?)

Not happening: Any selling of any kind. Army is just in love with our prospects. There might be a great deal out there that could help us win the Cup but Army wont make a Kyrou for X deal.

Re: The Blues and the 2020 Trade Deadline 2.24.2020

39hurricane wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:29 pm Yes its time to start this thread.

With our record, assets down in SA, Tank maybe coming back, Blais coming back, I am fully prepared for Army to do absolutely nothing.

Wish list: Sanford for Toffoli

Might happen: Allen for a third (how is Husso doing?)

Not happening: Any selling of any kind. Army is just in love with our prospects. There might be a great deal out there that could help us win the Cup but Army wont make a Kyrou for X deal.
I can't see Allen moving until after the season and this playoff run.

There will be takers.

I think I'm all in on the trade for Duclair train...guy has 21 goals on an awful team, he'd add some danger to the bottom 6. When everyone is healthy:

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
Blais-O'Reilly-Perron
Duclair-Thomas-Bozak
Steen-Sundqvist-Barbashev

If Tarasenko isn't healthy, you have Kyrou, Sanford, MacMac, JDLR, etc to rotate in and out. But I for sure want that Steen-Sundqvist-Barbashev line together in the playoffs, they were great last year.

Straight from Army's lips to God's ears.....

“I would say at the trade deadline, you’re looking to always add some depth at that certain time. I would think we’re not in that group right now. I appreciate the depth right now. I don’t think we need to be spending mid-to-late round draft picks on players just in case we have an injury. So I don’t think we’ll be adding any depth players at this time barring anything that comes up over the next month.”
"You’re always looking to see if you can improve your team, and if we can improve our team in our top six, I think we can take a look at that,” he said. “A lot of that will have to do on the updated medical information I get on Vladi.”
"So getting Vladi back is our No. 1 thing, and if we don’t do that or we don’t believe he’ll be back for any regular-season games, we may look at adding some support into our top six,” Armstrong said.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/ ... ssion=true

I take that as pretty bluntly saying no MDZ-for-a-7th type trades.
I think they'll eventually add a player to play with ROR-DP57.
Kyrou & Blais will hold things down till Tarasenko returns, but for the playoffs, I really believe they'll have an addition in there. I dunno how much they'd trust Kyrou (right or wrong) to play high-pressure playoff minutes, but that can change quickly, depending on his play leading up to the deadline.
I like Blais quite a bit, but man, that kid cannot stay healthy. If the Blues add a player & Blais stays healthy, he'll be just fine w/ Bozak-Thomas, & Steen back down w/ Sundqvist-Barbashev.

Schwartz-Schenn-Tarasenko
????-ROR-Perron
Blais-Thomas-Bozak
Steen-Sunny-Barbie

I'm very comfortable with these lines heading into the playoffs, depending on who the ??? is. (Kreider or Toffoli maybe ? :D )

MattyIce wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:13 am I really just don't see where a trade makes sense in this lineup if Tarasenko is really coming back for the playoffs. Blais takes Sanford's spot, Tarasenko fills the gap with Schwartz and Schenn. They are stacked at forward when 100% healthy, plus they have about 9 d-men that are NHL caliber players.
It would be nice having Tarasenko back for the playoffs, however he'd serve as nothing more than a decoy. If anyone thinks he'll be his "normal" self coming back, you're just kidding yourself. Look at last year, it took him about half the season to round back into form.

netboy65 wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:18 am
MattyIce wrote: Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:13 am I really just don't see where a trade makes sense in this lineup if Tarasenko is really coming back for the playoffs. Blais takes Sanford's spot, Tarasenko fills the gap with Schwartz and Schenn. They are stacked at forward when 100% healthy, plus they have about 9 d-men that are NHL caliber players.
It would be nice having Tarasenko back for the playoffs, however he'd serve as nothing more than a decoy. If anyone thinks he'll be his "normal" self coming back, you're just kidding yourself. Look at last year, it took him about half the season to round back into form.
Yeah, I hope he's back, but it'd be foolish to count on him to instantly be in 35-40 goal form. People have been talking about Kreider and Toffoli all year, and Duclair is having a great year. I wonder if Palmieri is a guy at the top of Army's radar. He's been a steady 25-30 goal guy the last 5 years (which pre-dates Hall to the Devils), and I think is probably a bit more defensively responsible than some of the others bandied about. He's not the big body that Armstrong tends to favor, but this team seems to need finishers.

I'd love to have a new top 6 guy then get Tarasenko back and have the problem of figuring out who has to come out of the lineup or play on the 3rd line. Besides, playing on Thomas's wing with better matchups might be a great spot for whoever lands there.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Some interesting options out there. Kreider is obviously the best but will cost the most.
Duclair is interesting but I kinda feel like he's just having one of those Brad Boyes/Chris Stewart kind of years where someone has to produce on a bad team but when in a winning more structured type environment this guy would wilt just as Boyes/Stewart did. Faulk is looking like the D version of this btw.
Toffolli is probably my second choice.
Palmieri would be a decent get.
Nothing else out there really grabs my attention.

Stay away from Simmonds, Kovalchuk please.

ratonmono wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:04 am Some interesting options out there. Kreider is obviously the best but will cost the most.
Duclair is interesting but I kinda feel like he's just having one of those Brad Boyes/Chris Stewart kind of years where someone has to produce on a bad team but when in a winning more structured type environment this guy would wilt just as Boyes/Stewart did. Faulk is looking like the D version of this btw.
Toffolli is probably my second choice.
Palmieri would be a decent get.
Nothing else out there really grabs my attention.

Stay away from Simmonds, Kovalchuk please.
Kovalchuk looks like a good fit in Montreal. Good pick up by then. He’s still good IMO. Guess Kings wanted more youth in lineup, didn’t make sense how they treated him.

39hurricane wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:37 am Toffoli had a very good game against the Bolts last night. Guy has 2 cups on his resume. If we can't get Kreider I would be real happy picking him up.

Sanford and a pick should get it done.
He wasn't on the 2012 Kings team, so he has one ring, same as Sanford ;) .

Kreider is the easiest guy to slide into this lineup because you just throw him on the LW of the ROR-Perron line and let the good times roll. Toffoli is a center by trade, but has shifted over to RW these days and I imagine that's where he'd play here. He'd fit in nicely on the Schwartz-Schenn line, but what happens if/when Tarasenko comes back? Sure you could slide him down to the Thomas line on RW, but Bozak has been great there and he clearly has great chemistry with Thomas. That holds true for all the RWers on the market. If Kreider isn't the guy they add, I'm not sure how any of the other names being rumored are an easy fit. I'm thinking we end up with either Kreider or a name from off the board.

The other possibility is that the guys like Blais and Kyrou play well enough that Armstrong says screw it, I've got my team. He mentions every year that he basically lets the team make his deadline decisions for him by how they play right about now. Should be an interesting few weeks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

39hurricane wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:25 pm Saw on one of the hockey rumor sites today the NYR are asking for a first and Kyrou for Kreider.

Army does not make this deal as I said before he loves our prospects.

I think I make this deal.
Kyrou and a first for Kreider.....you'd give all that up for a rental? I can tell you who's not making that deal....Doug Armstrong.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:31 pm
39hurricane wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:25 pm Saw on one of the hockey rumor sites today the NYR are asking for a first and Kyrou for Kreider.

Army does not make this deal as I said before he loves our prospects.

I think I make this deal.
Kyrou and a first for Kreider.....you'd give all that up for a rental? I can tell you who's not making that deal....Doug Armstrong.
True. Like I said. So we're back to Cole Dags and third for... *cough*

Sanford and a third for Toffoli